Cornwall Football Forum

Good Luck Penzance

I want to wish Penzance good luck when they play Callington today and to enjoy the moment when they are handed their winners trophies and Championship Cup. 34 years is a long time to wait for a League Championship.

Thankyou to John Mead, Jimmy Dann, Des Hosking, Ian Robinson, Nathan and John Richards who have helped keep the club going through thick and thin. To the girls in the tea hut, Pauline Mead and Jenny Williams, Peter Williams who was groundsman for years and still helps out, to Kenny Prouse who looked after the aches and scrapes for years, and to everyone else to numerous to mention. Finally the clubs supporters including Chairman Neil Badcock. Everyone of you have the right to share in today's glory.

Unfortunatly I can't be there as our Reserves are playing away at Penryn and I can't break a habit of a lifetime so will be watching and reporting from that match.

Also good luck for Tuesday evening in the Charity Cup final against Porthleven. By another cruel twist of fixturing the Reserves are away at Perranporth that night. You have to win it on the night as next season if the format stays the same we can't take part being a SWPL Premier club.

CTB

CTB - Atlantic FM will be covering Penzance's last game of the season at Callington so for half time and full time round up's with quite probably an interview with Trevor Mewton towards the end of the show, tune to 105 - 107 FM with Chris Lawrence from 2 PM. :yahoo:

Hi Ken

It's not the result but the occasion that's important today for us Magpies supporters.

A wait of 34 years to win a league and perhaps on Tuesday our first win in a major cup since Eno Udo scored for us, at the supermarket end of Priory Park, in 1981 when we defeated Saltash 1-0 in the Senior Cup Final. It was a tap in from 6yds out.

Guest Peppermint

Well done to Penzance enjoy the day - we at Newquay enjoyed our night yesterday.

If your doing the Callington/Penzance match I am doing the Godolphin/Penryn match Ken - not far to travel for me.