Cornwall Football Forum

B.G. Southern League Play Off Results

Guest Man on the Post

Just read this on Totton's forum.

"Just in and recovering from the drama!

Great start with Totton really pressing Beaconsfield very effectively. At 2-0 up such a relaxed feeling at half-time.

Different story 2nd half with Beaconsfield being given far too much time on the ball. Sloppy play from us to give the ball away in the centre of the pitch, leading to the ball being knocked forward for Bubb to score. He ran past saying "that's why I've got 34" in a very smug way (later to haunt him!).

Very nervy last 15 mins with the ref (who I thought had done really well earlier) starting to miss a lot of the elbows, kicks, being delivered by the thugs from Beaconsfield. One challenge on Barfs prior to a corner was a full punch to the face, with no cards being shown to opponent.

Beaconsfield sem to be either 6ft 7 or stocky yobs, without even mentioning the infamous Nicholls, who was outshown for once by his mates!

The penalty I timed at 43 mins into the 2nd half, and of course the fear of extra time loomed. Guess who steped up - yes 34 goal man Bubb. Fantastic scenes as Barfs saved it low to his right - what a roar .

The game ended as the ref blew as the ball was in midair in the Totton box, and no doubt their players objected to that. As has been said there was a mass brawl on the pitch initiated by Beaconsfield mob - I certainly saw Barfs with a major cut to his face.

Dreadful team that hey are I hope they all get locked up for the night. What on earth will ref's report say!

Great result, and strong display - I'm still breathing hard at the drama of it all. Roll on Saturday! Hmm with Josh play for them??!!"

Kin hell sounds like an eventful end to the game. Good luck to Totton in the final.

Guest Man on the Post

After their defeat tonight a Windsor and Eton fan made the following comment on their forum:-

'Condemned to another season trawling around the plague pits and leper colonies that infest the BGB Div 1 S&W'.

Charming! I'm glad they lost. :thumbsup: :yahoo:

Guest Man on the Post

Alleged that one of the Beaconsfield coaching staff kicked the Totton goalkeeper in the head during the brawl. What a disgrace! :SM_carton: