Cornwall Football Forum

Foxhole 3 Callington 6

Foxhole 3 Callington 6

Wednesday 15th April 2009

Anthony Mason proved far too hot to handle hitting a second-half hat-trick to quell any thoughts of a home recovery as weakened Foxhole slid to a fourth consecutive defeat. Although Butler's lob flew only just over within 18 seconds, Callington quickly settled and took the lead on 17 when Boon rose to head home Blatchford's inswinging corner. Dennis Mason almost doubled the advantage five minutes later, racing unchallenged through a defence badly missing the suspended Rowe, but Holland pushed aside the drive. However the Foxes began to play some decent football and, after seeing a free-kick skim the bar, Warne's 39th minute dribble was ended in the box by Wyatt, whose possibly justified protests that he'd won the ball earned him a booking. Warne converted the penalty himself only for Callington to nearly regain the lead before the break when Dennis Mason seized on Prince's horrendous backpass. The winger's initial effort was blocked by Holland, Mason then inexplicably opting to force in the rebound using his arm, an offence spotted by the referee.

Regrettably Prince was not to get away with another error two minutes after the restart, his poor headed clearance falling to Dennis Mason, whose unselfishness presented Yates with an easy opportunity. Friendship's clever ball gave Nicholls the chance for an immediate response, but Johnson was quickly off his line to save with his legs. Nevertheless Ansell was not to be denied on 52, rifling left-footed across the keeper for a fine equaliser, but two rapid goals by Anthony Mason in the 57th and 59th minutes appeared to clinch the points for the visitors. Wyatt's harsh dismissal for dissent offered some hope, and Warne made it 4-3, ramming home from close range after a flowing move.

While local youngster Rundle was incredibly left languishing on the bench and striker Friendship was mysteriously withdrawn, the introduction of two defensive substitutes caused consternation among the home faithful, although Panter, Adam Holland and Ansell all came close to a leveller. But Watfa notched a breakaway fifth on 83, and Mason again sprinted away from Hobbs to complete his trio four minutes from time. At least Foxhole managed to keep eleven men on the field, the sole blemish being Butler's first-half caution for a foul on Green.

Foxhole (4-4-2): Ryan Holland 7; Matt May 5 (sub. Steve Panter 5), Lewis Prince 5, Phil Hobbs 5, Adam Holland 6; Andrew Butler 7, Jason Warne 6, Steve Mooney 4, Scott Ansell 7; Kyle Friendship 6 (sub. David Grose 5), Liam Nicholls 7.

Callington (4-4-2): Dan Johnson; Jon Wyatt, James Boon, Dan Jefferies, Paul McAdam; Dennis Mason, Matt Green, Lee Blatchford, Chris Clarke (sub. Lee Beer); James Yates (sub. Hossein Watfa), Anthony Mason.

Referee: Mr Ian Roberts (Camborne) 7.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

WE WANT MORE DESCRIPIVE MATCH REPORTS MORSEY MY SON!!! FOOTBALL IS FINE, TELL US MORE ABOUT THE VENUE, THE FANS AND ANY EXCITEMENT YOU FOUND ON THE WAY TO THE MATCH!!!

BRING BACK THE OLD DARIN!!!

He only does that when they win, so get used to the rare reports he does that actually have any humour in them.

I dont care if they win or lose, Darin's reports are far more interesting than your foul mouthed rantings... have fun in Div 1 west next season. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

No idea who you are Sir Alex but you obviously share the same mental atributes as your namesake.

I too used to enjoy Darins reports and have said so twice in my programme notes. However, I have noted that his humour is only displayed when Foxhole win, an increasingly rare event. Stange how Foxhole have not beaten Newquay on the 6 occasions we have met, yet Foxhole were by far the better side for 5 of them according to Darins reports... and some call me biased !

We will have fun in whatever Div we are in, we have had a cracking season and look forward to next season just as much.

What entitles you to write programme notes Judge???

When you have the same abilities that Darin has as a script then you may comment on his performance!!! Also note that the report he has written is about a game Foxhole LOST 6-3!!!

Keep up the good work Morsey, Judge can go back to baiting the 'Pub Team' up the road!!!

What entitles you to question who writes in Newquays prog ? Perhaps the fact that I have done so for 10 years says more about me and the club than some like to make out !

As I have said, I appreciate Darins more humourous reports but they have been slightly less so recently.