Cornwall Football Forum

Puzzled why Josh didn't make his own mind up?

We've heard and read all sorts of goings-on about the recent transfer of Josh Harris from Newquay to close neighbours and Division One West rivals Godolphin.

Firstly it's been suggested that the transfer failed to comply with South West Peninsula League rules but on their very own Website forum it is clearly stated by secretary Phil Hiscox that "Had an email regarding Joshua Harris who I listed earlier in the thread, Just to clarify this transfer has gone through, form was signed by both clubs and there are no issues, he is now a Godolphin Atlantic player."

However, the scenario has been put to me that in fact the required seven days wasn't allowed to run. So, did the two clubs agree to waive the seven days - of course this is possible, but between two rival clubs? Possibly not if it's also suggested that the Newquay management spoke with Josh over the next few pursuing days.

This is where you have to wonder about the player's position - did he really agree to the transfer and then change his mind thinking perhaps it wasn't his best option? Did Newquay even contact Godolphin and advise that the transfer should not go ahead but by now it was too late because Godolphin had already posted the forms to the SWPL HQ.

If so, this would have been within the earlier mentioned 7 days, and so this surely suggests Newquay did waive the seven days - and if so do did they soon regret agreeing to this?

It all makes the forthcoming Good Friday clash even more intruiging?

Speaking to Josh tonight while he was playing for Newquay u18s, he had heard that the form had not gone through and he was not allowed to play, I hope this is not the case as he played on Saturday against Camelford

From the point of view of both clubs I think it would be best if the matter was sorted and put to bed. Like you say Dave it raises a lot of questions about the whole thing. Unfortunately I have heard numerous different stories from people and Josh about the whole incident. Having witnessed the whole affair, in my opinion all of this could of been avoided but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I do not think it will add to the heat of the game on Friday, no disrespect to G but Newquay have an important game tomorrow evening to play, Friday will be addressed after that.

he had heard that the form had not gone through and he was not allowed to play, I hope this is not the case as he played on Saturday against Camelford

Who on earth told him that because according to the league, the transfer has been completed, end of story!

So is he glad to be a Godolphin player or deep down does he wish he was still at Newquay? ;)

Just so we can finally put the transfer to rest over Josh,as chairman of Godolphin Atlantic i would like to say that NOTHING underhand or rule breaking happened, we put the seven days in for Josh after he had personally contacted us which arrived with the Newquay secretary on the Monday morning, we contacted the secretary of Newquay on Saturday morning to ask if we could bring the transfer form to the match for him to sign, to which he replied he would have to talk to the manager first and he would get back to us,the secretary rang us back and said that would be ok so the form was taken to the game and signed. I hope now that this has finally been to rest and that the so called supporters leave a 17year old lad to continue enjoying his football with what ever club he plays for.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

The transfer has been accepted by SWPL HQ and if Josh is fit and well and is selected for G then what is the problem ? The matter has been resolved, SWPL have stated their position, Tania has stated the G position, it is now down to Josh and the G manager to decide if he plays on friday.

My only concern now, is that the weather forecast for the rest of the week is awful, will we all get soaked or will it become so bad that the match is postponed ?

I think Josh himself has added to the controvosy by contacting Godolphin before talking to Newquay about any issues and then start training with them before the paper work had been completed. I know he is only 17 but he should be made aware of certain things you do and don't do. He was well thought of at Newquay and I think maybe the fans feel a little let down. It was only a couple of weeks ago that Josh said that he would never play for the Godolphin! Of course he is entitled to change his mind, but perhaps should have dealt with the whole thing a bit differently. Being open about things right from the beginning would have avoided all the interest. Anyway......best of luck to Josh, hope the grass turns out to be greener on the other side of town for you (hmmm might take a few years until the pitch is greener though ^_^ )

we put the seven days in for Josh after he had personally contacted us which arrived with the Newquay secretary on the Monday morning, we contacted the secretary of Newquay on Saturday morning

Hi Tania

So does that mean Newquay agreed to waive the seven days notice requirement?

Whatever, it would appear that the player needs confirming that everything is ok.

Guest Man on the Post

I’m not sure of the reason behind this thread? Surely this is a matter between the league, the player, Newquay and Godolphin. The transfer has been agreed by all parties – end of! Let’s move on and let the young lad enjoy his football. :clapper:

Guest Man on the Post

Totally agree with you "Man on the post" as chairman i was just relaying the facts to everyone so that this matter can finally be over.

You're doing a good job, keep it up! :clapper: :thumbsup:

Guest Peppermint

As the other 'Chairman' - we do not need anyone else interfering - Josh was transferred to Godolphin Atlantic.

Jim Hilton will select the Newquay squad and Derek Martyn will select the Godolphin squad.

End of story.

Man on the Post has got it correct - why do some people like to make a complete drama out of nothing.

See you on Friday Tania.