Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy Prem to East Cornwall - How Many??

Guest GOOSE ON

Guest GOOSE ON

Nobody actually seems to know how many teams will be leaving the Duchy Prem League this season to go into the East Cornwall set up - could someone shed some light on this please??

For some reason I always thought top 2 went up if they met certain criteria / facility conditions, like last season with St Dominick & St Stephens Borough......but this year no-one seems to know??

I spoke with someone on saturday who seems to be a fairly reliable sort of person and he said that around 6 applications have been made for election to East Cornwall, and there are likely to be 5 vacancies???

Anybody with reliable / useful info. on this would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Guest gunniplayer

from what i have heard through the great vine is that dobwalls 2nd team are 95% certain that one of the vacanies for the east cornwall league will be going to them. im not to sure if this is true or not but if they do go up it will be a complete farce to the duchy premier league, dobwalls havent won a game all season and been relegated to duchy 2 yet there is a strong chance they will be moving up to senior football.edgcumbe and st dennis deserve to get a place in the east cornwall as they are the best teams in our division as many would probably agree.st teath deserve a crack at senior football next season aswell because it seems will kitto has big plans for the club in the future.

Guest GOOSE ON

Thanks for that Dave......I'm quite new to all this and that link to an earlier topic proved very useful and was interesting reading.

Thanks again :thumbsup: