Cornwall Football Forum

Confident - The Run in

With the top 3 yo-yoing around and a lot of people looking at the Home game against Windsor being a must win it got me looking at the run ins of the respective sides and feel Windsor could really struggle, a lot of away games packed close together

A Truro City Tue 24 March 2009

H Beaconsfield SYCOB Sat 28 March 2009

A Andover Tue 31 March 2009

A Bridgwater Town Sat 04 April 2009

A Abingdon United Tue 07 April 2009

A Paulton Rovers Sat 11 April 2009

H Uxbridge Mon 13 April 2009 3.00pm

A Burnham Sat 18 April 2009

A Bishops Cleeve Wed 22 April 2009 7.30pm

H Winchester City Sat 25 April 2009

10 games in 32 days, 7 of which are away from home, I reckon theres more than enough potential for implosion with those fixtures. W&E as far as I understand are still in their local cup competition as well adding to the congestion.

Looking at our fixtures in contrast from the same point in time

H Windsor & Eton Tue 24 March 2009

H Bracknell Town Sat 28 March 2009

A Paulton Rovers Mon 30 March 2009 7.30pm

A North Leigh Sat 04 April 2009

A Thatcham Town Tue 07 April 2009

H AFC Hayes Sat 11 April 2009

A Taunton Town Mon 13 April 2009 3.00pm

A Bishops Cleeve Sat 18 April 2009

H Didcot Town Sat 25 April 2009

We play a game less, with one more home fixture (and we're supreme away) and our last 3 games are nicely spread over 12 days, I reckon Windsors two homes games aren't as a big an advantage as they may look.

(I haven't bothered including Totton as Windsor have 4 games in hand on them and something would have to go dramtically wrong for them to leap frog both ourselves and W&E)

So the question, to make this into a bit more of a discussion where do you see potential for slips, and how do you predict the table will look at the end of the season?

(Thought I should add Windsor play A Cirencester Town H Gosport Borough H Taunton Town before these fixtures while we play H Uxbridge and A Winchester City)

Have looked at all the remaining fixtures,and it is going to be so tight between Windsor and Truro.

Worked out my predicted remaining results for the two teams.

Still the game on the 24th between the clubs,is going to be crucial.

I predicted a draw,for that game.

So both teams will collect 24PTS from their remaining games,finishing level at the end of the season.

Truro will have the better goal difference,and be crowned champions on the last day of the season.

How's that for a prediction. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think if Windsor get THREE points from the Truro and Beaconsfield SYCOB games they will become champions, I cannot see them dropping points in both games, one win in those and it's all over.

City have a spell of 5 away games from 6, that's not good news, the pendulum appears to have swung around whereby City find it better to be a home.

I hope this gees our lads up.

So both teams will collect 24PTS from their remaining games,finishing level at the end of the season.

Truro will have the better goal difference,and be crowned champions on the last day of the season.

How's that for a prediction. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'd take it if it did finish like that but not sure how my heart would as week by week everything unfolded.

Have looked at all the remaining fixtures,and it is going to be so tight between Windsor and Truro.

Worked out my predicted remaining results for the two teams.

Still the game on the 24th between the clubs,is going to be crucial.

I predicted a draw,for that game.

How's that for a prediction. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

You should pinch yourself and wake up you`re DREAMING. :ninja: :ninja:

Mr T,why dont you clear off,you have become so boring.

This Topic was created for Supporters of Truro City to disscuss the remaining games of the season and

predict Truro's outcome.

I am not a dreamer,in fact I studied the fixtures very carefully.

If Truro dont win the Title[which is a possibility] they will be in the play-offs,with a great chance of still

going up.

If ANYONE is dreaming,look closer to home. :c:

Hopefully being assured of the playoffs is a formality as we need a maximum of 22 points to assure taking into account if the top 6 all win their games till the end of the season (impossible I know as there are some all top 6 fixtures remaining) I don't like the idea of the playoffs though taking into account Beaconsfield have seen us off twice this season, Totton are no walk in the park and I've heard Thatcham have started to come good. I think we need at least another 8 wins to be assured including 3 points again W&E.

Actually seeing as I've encoruaged people to make predictions I'm going to have a stab and see how close I get.

Truros Fixtures: Predictions------------------Actual result

H Uxbridge ------------- Win-------------------------WIN (68 Pts)

A Winchester City ----- Win-------------------------WIN (71 Pts)

H Windsor & Eton ------ Draw-----------------------WIN (74 Pts)

H Bracknell Town ------ Win-------------------------WIN (77 Pts)

A Paulton Rovers ----- Draw-----------------------WIN (80 Pts)

A North Leigh - ---------Win-------------------------WIN (83 Pts)

A Thatcham Town ----- Lose------------------------WIN (86 Pts)

H AFC Hayes ---------- Win-------------------------WIN (89 Pts)

A Taunton Town ------- Win-------------------------WIN (92 Pts) CHAMPIONS

A Bishops Cleeve - -----Win------------------------ WIN (95 Pts)

H Didcot Town --------- Win

65 pts now, if prediction correct 91 pts

W&E Fixtures

A Cirencester -----------Draw-----------------------LOSE (65 Pts)

H Gosport -------------- Draw------------------------DRAW (66 Pts)

H Taunton -------------- Win--------------------------WIN (69 Pts)

A Truro City ------------ Draw-----------------------LOSE (69 Pts)

H Beaconsfield SYCOB- Draw-----------------------DRAW (70 Pts)

A Andover -------------- Win--------------------------WIN (73 Pts)

A Bridgwater Town ---- Win--------------------------WIN (76 Pts)

A Abingdon United ----- Draw-----------------------LOSE (76 Pts)

A Paulton Rovers ------- Lose

H Uxbridge ------------- Win

A Burnham - -----------Win

A Bishops Cleeve - -----Draw

H Winchester City ----- Win

65 points now, if prediction correct 89 pts

I'm relying on a lot of draws there so maybe I was wrong, Truro v W&E probably is one we have to win

I'll update this post as the weeks go by and the results come in

Agree Craze,that game against Windsor and Eton is a must win if Truro want the Championship.

That is the outcome I would prefer,because as you say the play offs are a lottery,one bad referee

decision,and you could be out.

A big thing with the play offs ,is no one would like to play Truro.

Think I will be the same,chewing nails all the way to the Didcot game.

This Topic was created for Supporters of Truro City to disscuss the remaining games of the season and

predict Truro's outcome.

If Truro dont win the Title[which is a possibility] they will be in the play-offs,with a great chance of still

going up.

Somersetspur ,Mr t is obviously very sour about something that happened at Truro .Sometimes people just have to learn to move on .

O.K Craze here's what I thought might happen.

TRURO;

UXBRIDGE=[h]=1pt. WINCHESTER CITY=[a]=3pts. WINDSOR + ETON=[h]=1pt. BRACKNELL=[h]=3Pts.

PAULTON=[a]=1pt NORTH LIEGH=[a]=3pts. THATCHAM=[a]=1pt. HAYES=[h]=3pts.

TAUNTON TOWN=[a]=3pts. BISHOPS CLEEVE=[a]=3pts. DIDCOT=[h]=3pts.

POINTS SO FAR 65 + 25 TOTAL=90pts.

WINDSOR+ETON;

CIRENCESTER=[a]=1pt. GOSPORT=[h]=3pts. TRURO=[a]=1pt. BEACONSFIELD=[h]=1pt.

ANDOVER=[a]=3pts. BRIDGWATER=[a]=1pt. ABINGTON=[a]=3pts. PAULTON=[a]=1pt.

UXBRIDGE=[h]=3pts. BURNHAM=[a]=1pt. BISHOP CLEEVE=[a]=1pt. WINCHESTER=[h]=3pts.

TAUNTON=[h]=3pts.

POINTS SO FAR 65 + 25 TOTAL=90pts.

Im sure there will be many twist and turns,right and wrong predictions,but lets just see how many we will

get correct,starting on Saturday,I say a draw tomorrow,you say victory.

predict Truro's outcome.

going up.

Surely if you are so interested in Truro your user name should be Somersetcity. :P:ninja: p.s. this thread is open to any member. :D

Somersetspur, My post in no way proves what you would like it to, it is you who are upset by Mr.T NOT me, I only mentioned that he has every right to attend these threads, you and a few others bang on about the anti-Truro feeling on CSF but tell those who join in to clear off, everyone is entitled to an opinion. :ninja:

Perhaps you and Craze can explain your reasoning behind your prediction for the Bishop Cleeve game, both of you expect 3 points for Truro but only 1 point for Windsor, this on top of your prediction that City and Windsor will DRAW. If Windsor are good enough to come into the Tigers lair and snatch a point, they have to be good enough to equal City's exploits away at Bishops Cleeve. Could that game signify a league championship for Windsor by two points, very likely. :smiley20:

Well got my first results wrong.TRURO WIN,WINDSOR LOSE.

According to the rest of my predictions,Truro will now WIN the League.

I hope that last prediction is right.

Re: Bishops Cleave - I would expect both clubs to win that one.

As for forecasting all the remaining games, I would hate to tempt fate

I regularly put the muckers on Reading, Leeds Wolves and Darlington when doing the pools.

Somersetspur, My post in no way proves what you would like it to, it is you who are upset by Mr.T NOT me, I only mentioned that he has every right to attend these threads, you and a few others bang on about the anti-Truro feeling on CSF but tell those who join in to clear off, everyone is entitled to an opinion. :ninja:

Perhaps you and Craze can explain your reasoning behind your prediction for the Bishop Cleeve game, both of you expect 3 points for Truro but only 1 point for Windsor, this on top of your prediction that City and Windsor will DRAW. If Windsor are good enough to come into the Tigers lair and snatch a point, they have to be good enough to equal City's exploits away at Bishops Cleeve. Could that game signify a league championship for Windsor by two points, very likely. :smiley20:

I've gone for the draw for W&E against Bishops Cleeve due to the heavy schedule Windsor have to put up with from now till the end of the season and what with the long trip out to Cheltenham feel that theres potential for dropped points there. As for snatching a point away to us, its a big game, there could be a few nerves there and our home form hasn't exactly been rock solid, I dont think after this weekends events a draw would be a bad result for either side. What do you reckon Mountaineer?

I've gone for the draw for W&E against Bishops Cleeve due to the heavy schedule Windsor have to put up with from now till the end of the season and what with the long trip out to Cheltenham feel that theres potential for dropped points there. As for snatching a point away to us, its a big game, there could be a few nerves there and our home form hasn't exactly been rock solid, I dont think after this weekends events a draw would be a bad result for either side. What do you reckon Mountaineer?

Isn't it nice to have a topic where we can discuss the outcome of the remaining matches without someone saying something stupid and slagging Truro City off,or have I spoken too soon?

In my opinion the match between Truro and W&E is the crunch match for both teams.It is quite obvious that Truro will be playing for a win,but will W&E be doing the same?or will they come down and settle for a draw.It's going to be a hard one to call,but in my opinion Truro will be up for this one like no other that they have played this season,and I reckon it will be Truro that come away with the 3 points.

Isn't it nice to have a topic where we can discuss the outcome of the remaining matches without someone saying something stupid and slagging Truro City off,or have I spoken too soon?

In my opinion the match between Truro and W&E is the crunch match for both teams.It is quite obvious that Truro will be playing for a win,but will W&E be doing the same?or will they come down and settle for a draw.It's going to be a hard one to call,but in my opinion Truro will be up for this one like no other that they have played this season,and I reckon it will be Truro that come away with the 3 points.

Guest Lightwood

Long shot, maybe, but if Truro win all their remaining games, it matters not a jot what any other team does. Unless Windsor make up a massive goal difference deficit!

Hello Craze,

Sorry I have taken so long to respond, I only have a 24 hour clock :blink:

I admit being a little naughty with my earlier postings, it was a wind up oops moment, a fun thing for some friendly banter.

After City beat Windsor early in the season, all was not well in the Royalists dressing room, roasting isn't a hot enough word for the rollicking their team got, I would expect a similar situation last Saturday and tonight the inquest may have turned into a cremation. Mr Scott is now under pressure whereas Mr McCarthy isn't, Sean has Mr Heaney in his corner.

Re Mr Heaney, a City player said SORRY to Kevin after the Beaconsfield defeat to which Mr H replied something that sounded like "Don't worry about it, the season is over 42 games not just one result", that kind of response gets more out of players than a rollicking.

Prior to the last four days a draw would have satisfied Windsor but with nerves jangling I think they need to go for the win, I don't think they will, they know as things stand they hold a slight advantage a draw would safeguard the game in hand position whilst still trailing by two points.

OK i'll put my neck on the line and forecast Truro City 5 Windsor & Eton 0

That's how highly I rate City for the bigger games and we have returned to FORTRESS TREYEW.

Guest Man on the Post

Strange attendance at Windsor and Eton v Gosport Borough last night. Only 77 against an average of 178, (before last night's game), Windsor and Eton's lowest of the season!

Any ideas why that would be Mountaineer?

I think results in the last couple of weeks leading us to the situation where we now have control of the title race leave Windsor with less options, they need to come to Treyew Road and try to get something, City just need work out the best way to nullify the threat, whether that be fight fire with fire, or play a waiting game and hit them on the break. I'd say we're more accustomed to trying to control the game, but regardless Windsor can't just turn up and settle for a draw anymore

Strange attendance at Windsor and Eton v Gosport Borough last night. Only 77 against an average of 178, (before last night's game), Windsor and Eton's lowest of the season!

Any ideas why that would be Mountaineer?

Beautiful weather yesterday, probably walking their dogs or gardening.

I get the impression that the Windsor community just lack any interest in what they probably think is a WORKING CLASS sport.

There is a lack of youngsters at their games, the affluent and their Wii's spring to mind.

They could include the residents of the next door cemetery to improve the atmosphere, although I doubt if doing that would make it the place to be.

I commented earlier in the season that I could not understand the Windsor publics apparent lack of interest in their clubs success so far this season.

Yesterday as I passed through Berkhamsted on the way to Luton Airport their were hundreds of kids playing football and rugby, masses of pitches on GREEN BELT LAND full to capacity, unfortunately this season the local Berkhamsted MEN's team have fallen foul to the CREDIT CRUNCH and disbanded, the locals are hoping to resurrect something from the ashes, possibly another AFC in the future.

I mentioned the green belt because apart from when the kids are getting their much needed exercise, you hardly notice there are sports facilities there, something for Carrick Council to consider.

Guest Man on the Post

Perhaps Her Majesty was throwing a party at the Castle, but if she was I expect you would have been invited Mountaineer! :thumbsup:

Perhaps Her Majesty was throwing a party at the Castle, but if she was I expect you would have been invited Mountaineer! :thumbsup:

I'd end up in the 'Bloody Tower' for daring to challenge Mr Scott's pet whinge about Truro City and the officials back when we turned them over 4-0, then there were his programme notes indicating our defenders didn't play to the rules.

I would like Mr Scott's Windsor programme comments printed in the Truro programme with a request for him to provide proof of what he said, I am still ANGRY that he dared tarnish the name of Truro City Football Club.

Well how about then?! We've finally got ourselves into a position where its our to lose, if W&E go down to defeat to Beaconsfield at the weekend (plausible) then does the victory parade begin? Its obviously important we do a professional job at the weekend against one of the poorer sides in a competitive league, a really convincing run in now would be fantastic to make even more people take note. If you're an ambitious player in the lower leagues of English football why wouldnt you want to come down and ply your trade at Treyew Road. We have the money, we have the ambition, we're scoring the goals, attractive to watch and we've now managed to attract over 1000 supporters to the game last night, the futures bright, the futures white!! :c: