Cornwall Football Forum

phil lafferty and western innn

hi phil just a quick hello from BALI , and to say well done on ur win over the g vets hope we made a game of it and sorry could not be there but the sun sea surf and bali for a month took over lol ill catch up when i get back tell sage glyn and andy and the boys good luck in the final metts

Heard on saturday St Austell have been removed from the veterans cups because of too many senior players !!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if this is true but St Dennis due to play St Teath or Western on Sunday 22nd at Truro on Porthminster Final that means they must be playing this weekend.

Could be interesting if its St Teath becuase they are also in the Sunday Cup Final on the same day.

Anybody know anything ????????

john can u keep me informed on this i new there was a rule somewere about the number of senior players in ur selection thanks metts and i hope they dont get kicked out personally they play great football and are always a credit to them selves when they play their games

Hello Mett's my old mate. Bali?? You retired or something or is the Chairman right about your spelling?!! Sorry for the delay too, havent logged on for a while due to working 18 hours every day for the past month!

Bit confused by your post if im honest, as we havent played the Semi v G yet, as it is fixtured for this coming Sunday. Can you enlighten me???

And also, thanks for your words of support Metts.

Jonnie, firstly as far as I was aware St Austell dont have a Vets team!

As for your question, although I have very strong views on the subject, I do not want to say too much on the subject right now but I will say that neither Alan Oliver, myself or any person connected with the Western Inn Vets have at no point, ever knowingly acted illegally or unlawfully outside of the rules and are currently awaiting notification from the powers to be.

Cheers

Lafs.

Hi Phil, i like everyone else don't know whats going on, only to say we have reached the Porthminster Final and was expecting to play you on mothering sunday only to be told by St Teath it,s them because some rule you had broken, also they may have to play Hayle who you beat in the previous round. Not sure anyone knows what is going on at the moment.

Your absolutely right Jonnie, we dont even know the true or real facts or allegations if im honest and are pretty in the dark ourselves!

Time will tell but have to say that the lack of clarity of the whole situation leaves us with great concern.

Cheers.

hi lafs,we dont know whats going on either mate,dont have to much to do with it myself,but cant really see a problem as long as all your lads wher of vets age.We supporters love these finals just for the crack,and will no doubt enjoy our sunday cup final against st blazey on sunday.Did you go to Turin during the week for the Chelsea game.I went accroos for 3 days and had a great time,noticed a huge Cornwall supporters club flag flying,didnt know if was the St austell lads or not.As said before western vets good bunch of lads best of luck with it catch you soon.