Cornwall Football Forum

Premiership

Well the hammers go marching on dispite loosing good players to other teams, they are playing some really good Football,

Last nights game against Wigan was always going to be a hard game, there is no love lost between these two teams,

what I will say is that the two sending off's were fully justified in fact it should have been three,

I can never understand these players, who go in with such evil tackles,

they all know what the outcome will be, I believe that they should also face a heavy fine that hurts the pocket,

But I am very pleased that the Hammers have progressed so well this season,

My son who is a villa fan, thought that West ham would have a tough time this season, but it seems that it is the Villa who are begining to fall away, no fear of going down but they do seem to have gone off the boil. I fully expected the villa to beat Man City, but as they say Football is a funny game.

Hammers :thumbsup::c::c::clapper::c: :c:

You've got good reason to be VERY happy after that goal last night. What great passing and moving, followed by a finish that would be spoken about for weeks if it was done by someone like Ronaldo or Torres. Zola and Clarke have got you playing some nice stuff at the moment and you're becoming increasingly difficult to beat (except for Spurs, 2-0 wasn't it? ;) )..

You may well have good reason to feel somewhat optimistic about next season?. It will be interesting to see what Zola does to make the squad "his squad" in the summer, I expect a few more Italians to come in and some ridiculously paid players to be shown the door, and about time too. What's going on with Dyer anyway?.

Shame the goal is going to be over looked if you like by the bad tackles. Cracking goal and really shows how far Zola has taken West ham they are making progress.

What I will say is I feel sorry for Cole as second yellow was harsh, Parker should have gone for his tackle but cattlemole is evil. If you watch him he rans yards to get to Parker even pushing one of his players out the way to nearly end this guy career. He looked like he was proud of himself as well. They should throw the book at him other wise he will do it again and the poor soul on end of tackle may not be so lucky as young mr parker.

Hammers, which game were you watching?

I understand that we all have different views about things (Which is a good thing) but Coles sending of was a disgrace and the referee should be ashamed of that, If you look at both incidents again you will see that the first challenge was a typical forwards tackle and a little harsh that he should be booked as there was no malice involved and to be fair the player was not hurt in anyway (One of those that some referees give and some don’t) but the second was in no way a cardable offence, Cole was watching the ball all the way and did not even realise that the defender was there he did not take his eye off the ball once and he has made that kind of challenge many times this season (If you look at the report from Zola on whufc.com or sky sports he says exactly the same thing).

The tackle from Lucas Neil was a sending off for sure as was Lee cattermoles and that needs to be looked at by the f.a it was shocking and a career threatening challenge

As for the rest of the game I agree the goal was special and West Ham are playing some fantastic football right now and as a West Ham fan I’m loving every minute, Zola/Clarke and the rest of the backroom staff have done well and it goes to show that if a manager is given time then the club will reap the rewards, Imagine if Manchester Utd had sacked fergie all those years ago before he won his first trophy they surely would not be in the position they are now

Hopefully the Hammers can build on this and I hope this is not one of those have a good season this term then bad the next because as a club we need to move forward and at present things are going well, Long may that continue (But footballs a funny old game) as someone once said

Coopsie, yes it was 2-0 to the spuds but no way are you boys doing a double over us :D

I have to agree with you about cattermoles disgraceful tackle, anywhere else but a football field, and he would be looking at a prison sentence. Coles sending off was harsh, made even worse by the fact that it cant be appealed as it was 2 yellows. Neills tackle was another disgusting challenge, made on cattermole, karma biting him in the arse early you could say!! Parker also lucky to make 90 minutes, after kicking up a stink at coles sending off, whilst being on a yellow card himself!! After all brown was booked for having an aggresive attitude at the same incident! Think the FA need to take a serious look at Mr Atwells suitability for the job, after all what experience of football can the man have at 26?? And coopsie, you're right, what has happened to old dyerbolical these days, england international one day, next he's off in the land of ben andros unable to be located!!! :D

Here is something else about this referee and his strange decisions

Anybody remember the GHOST GOAL (Check the linky below)

Reading against Watford on 20/09/2008

Well done Mr Atwell

The Warwickshire official the youngest in the top flight at just 26 is in his maiden Premier League season

Attwell had just one season refereeing in the Football League before being promoted last summer and he awarded the infamous "GHOST GOAL" in the Watford and Reading match earlier this season.

Here is something else about this referee and his strange decisions

Anybody remember the GHOST GOAL (Check the linky below)

Reading against Watford on 20/09/2008

Well done Mr Atwell

The Warwickshire official the youngest in the top flight at just 26 is in his maiden Premier League season

Attwell had just one season refereeing in the Football League before being promoted last summer and he awarded the infamous "GHOST GOAL" in the Watford and Reading match earlier this season.

how can you blame that goal on the ref??

the linesman flagged it a goal

and cole shoudn't have been sent off last night

how can you blame that goal on the ref??

the linesman flagged it a goal

and cole shoudn't have been sent off last night

tms no9, Take time to read the whole post before jumping in with an answer

Nowhere in my post does it say that I BLAME the referee for that GHOST GOAL, I was just pointing out that it was he who was involved in an incident that cost another club that day (As the man in the middle he has the opportunity to overrule the assistant which he did not do and there was no way he knew weather the ball had crossed the line anyway)

You did get one thing right though and that is that Cole should not have seen RED