Cornwall Football Forum

Diary Date

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Sounds like a good trip for the Islanders, often fancied a trip over for a match and a few beers. Good luck to all on the night.

Also, it reminds me of the old FA Team Talk magazine April Fool article some years ago, when they suggested that Isles of Scilly FC would be applying to join the old SWL, they even had a mock up of a Union flag with 'Pride Of The Atlantic' for the travelling fans to take 'overseas' for away games.

I had hoped that it was true but hey ho, just have to be content with going to Devon every now and again.

Sounds like a good trip for the Islanders, often fancied a trip over for a match and a few beers. Good luck to all on the night.

Also, it reminds me of the old FA Team Talk magazine April Fool article some years ago, when they suggested that Isles of Scilly FC would be applying to join the old SWL, they even had a mock up of a Union flag with 'Pride Of The Atlantic' for the travelling fans to take 'overseas' for away games.

I had hoped that it was true but hey ho, just have to be content with going to Devon every now and again.

Twice a season for you at the moment Judge...

Technically there is only one team on the Ilses of Scilly and that is St Mary`s and Mark you are correct as to how the teams are selected so in fact the games are all training matches played by players of the same club, as to the league as it`s not registered it probably does not count as a league in it`s own right.