Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth town

Guest Monty

Never in all my time would Falmouth Town lose to Local rivals PENRYN IN THE SENIOR CUP even any result versus our arch rivals is a real low. Yesterday is a real low and i personally think Alan Carey is the wrong man for the job and has never achieved anything without money and has proved that yesterday with the town side he put out against Penryn. Falmouth Town Football club is run by people who have not got a clue about football and the people involved should be sacked end of. its a disgrace to the local supporters and especially players and committee members new and old who are complaining about football and the way football is run and being played at town.. get people involved with town who are passionate about town because it is a shambles and will become worse . XXXXXX :angry:

i think alan carey will do alright, its not a quick fix to the problems that are at the club, yeah losing like that to penryn of all teams isnt what the loyal town supporters want but give him a chance, he a proven winner, even though he had money at bodmin, he still had to get the players doing the right things, being a player for the 3rds i think apointing alan was a good move, just give it time every1

Guest The Bickland Bloke

You can only start to judge Alan carey's performance when the new season starts. He's come to the club at a bad time had has been pressured to turn Falmouth around instantly. That can't be done in a few weeks. Wait for the season to end, then Alan can make improvements and start a fresh :drink: His main target for now would be to avoid relegation.

Guest Postie Pidge

Sack the Portsmouth board and manager because they lost to Swansea who are a league below!

Monty why don't you come on the Falmouth committee and help put things right, we are looking for committee members and since we're all so useless and should be sacked (can you sack a volunteer?) why not take on the challenge.

Credit to Penryn who I heard showed great desire yesterday but even the best teams in the world lose games they should theoretically win.

Yes it hurts to lose and I was gutted when I heard the result so why not support the club with ideas and solutions?

Falmouth have lost to Penryn on many occasions in the South Western League and our Senior Cup head to head is one win each.

Is there any relegation from the prem this year?, if so it will only be one.

so there is no need to have a quick fix for a bottom half finish, it would be better to stableise their position and slowly build for next season, if teh buget has been cut in half them maybe the half that is left will go into next years pot.

time will tell if things are to get better but one thing is for sure it does not need to be done now.

Can't believe that you do not know what Postie pidge does or his conection with the club?

Never in all my time would Falmouth Town lose to Local rivals PENRYN IN THE SENIOR CUP even any result versus our arch rivals is a real low. Yesterday is a real low and i personally think Alan Carey is the wrong man for the job and has never achieved anything without money and has proved that yesterday with the town side he put out against Penryn. Falmouth Town Football club is run by people who have not got a clue about football and the people involved should be sacked end of. its a disgrace to the local supporters and especially players and committee members new and old who are complaining about football and the way football is run and being played at town.. get people involved with town who are passionate about town because it is a shambles and will become worse . XXXXXX :angry:

Lee-you are entitled to your opinions but to air them here on the forum are neither constructive or helpful.They merely encourage gossip from individuals who think they know better than the club and who love to stick the knife in when no one is looking! I'm surprised at your attitude especially as you tell everyone how much you love Falmouth Town.Wasn't it you in fact who chose to leave our Combo team and seek your fortune with Porthleven earlier this season?

Pidge is right.If you are so passionate about FTAFC then why not join the committee and help our recovery by being positive and proactive rather than having a pop at all and sundry.I thought you were better than that mate! Committees are full of hard working volunteers who freely give lots of time and energy and yes,they may not be football experts but they are true supporters of the club.They don't deserve to take stick from people on this forum especially when they hide behind a psuedonym(alias!)

Don't judge our choice of manager on his first two matches-that's childish and show's a lack of respect for his undoubted ability.He has taken the job in full knowledge that we have a reduced budget so how can it be about money? Alan has the task of rebuilding the team squad and both he and I know that it will take time which we have given him in abundance.If you or anyone else think we appointed Alan for a quick fix then you must be very naive.We want Alan to be at Bickland for a long time instead of chopping and changing managers every season or two.He is under no pressure from the club to instantly perform-the only pressure he will feel will be that we are a way off performing to his own high standards.

We don't enjoy losing,especially to local rivals in any event but to assume we have the God given right to win every game is an insult to our opponents Penryn who were the better team on the day.We had a depleted team-you may remember that we lost five players within a week recently so naturally the players who have recently arrived were cup tied.Not an excuse,just fact! Many second team players turned out yesterday-some were your team mates I believe?!The players themselves were unhappy with their performances and are looking to improve considerably before the next game.We should actively encourage them to learn from that game and move forward.

If you feel we are so poor then you have the right to vote with your feet and not watch us at Bickland Park again.We would much rather have you attend,pay your £4 and watch us improve-that's what real supporters do Lee!

If you want to discuss any points with me why not give me a call some time this week.I believe you still have my number.

Have a good week!! :SM_carton:

Steve Kimberley

Chairman

Falmouth Town AFC

WELL i think that Steve Kimberley's comments sums it all up, as for you Monty it was stated by Alan Carrey on taking on the Falmouth managers job do not expect to much too soon,

It is easy to stand on the touch line & find Fault, so to you I say do as Pidge sugested, offer your services,

if you think Alan is no good be a man tell him to his face & then offer your experience of how to manage a football team, & also work wonders,

then come back on this forum & tell us all how you managed to show Alan Carrey, the way to be successful

Oh until you can show us how it is done you have a :SM_carton_y: / :SM_carton:

Hammers :c::c: :c:

Well sorry for venting my disappointment on this website and if Falmouth town had a fans forum on there website then perhaps i would of posted my comments on there.

I have no wish of becoming a member of the Falmouth Town Committee because quite simply im a footballer and my talking would be on the pitch either playing staff or coaching, i have no interest in politics and trying to put right what i have no experience in would just be wrong. I did volunteer at the start of this season to help sort the playing surface out but they already had a contractor.

Im not slagging anyone off nor am i putting the knife in because that is not my style, but i really hope Im wrong with the current managers situation ad perhaps i was a little hasty but this website in my eyes was set up for criticism of situations like this and highlight the way players and supporters feel.

I have constructive criticism in abundance about cornish football generally but it will always fall on deaf ears because no person will listen because they are always right and know better.

Congratulations on the performance by Penryn they really did deserve it because they have been playing well of late and the are being coached by a team of great blokes and not just an individual and that in my eyes is the way ahead.

Yes i am Piffed i did not get the managers job because i would of had a good set up and some of the players i had coming were indeed local and of a good standard but certain members felt the need for a name rather then a local lad because of the situation they were in at the time, we will never know now because the moment as gone and i have changed my work commitments so it would be impossible for me to dedicate the time needed to make it i my eyes a success.

I did indeed leave Town Combo to play at a higher standard and gain experience that any player in there right mind would of done and i left with Mr Wheelers blessing and i know he was not happy in letting me go but at the end of the day it was a chance to play at a higher standard but that is a different story.

Lee Mitchell. :c:

Come on Monty, alan carey has only just taken over at town , im sure a lot of falmouth supporters are disappointed to be out of the cup at the hands of Penryn. Its not the end of the world tho mate give him a chance . Im sure that the team that he will start next season will be up there challenging for all honours , He will know his players and they will all know him and what he expects from them . your obviously very passionate about the state of the club how about getting yourself on the commitee and put your views across ? And if not alan carey who would you like to see manage Falmouth town ? :smiley20: :smiley20:

Guest Postie Pidge

Monty, even if you would prefer to play or coach you can still be proactive with ideas and solutions. You don't have to do anything in a specific role but the more heads we get the better the ideas could be.

Peppermint is right, Congratulations to Penryn on what I was told was a superb performance and bitter rivals or not, I wouldn't mind seeing them lift the Cornwall Senior Cup - it's the most open one for years so why not?!

Lee.

You are entitled to your comments and with the last two results i'm afraid i have to take them on the chin.

And yes it might get worse before it gets better. But one thing i can assure you and all of the true Falmouth supporters that i will be doing everthing in my power to turn this around.

We were blown away by a very good Penryn performance and i think on that day they would have given anybody a tough game. yes we were not good but Penryn did not allow us to be, so credit where credit is due.

Monty, are you a manic depressive?

If not telling us how hard done by you were at Porthleven, you dwell on how much better Falmouth could have been with you at the helm.

Your original postings led me to believe you were hard done by at Port.

However your constant stream of sour grapes and " Poor old Me" is getting a bit samey.

As for publicly slating those in the hot seats at Falmouth, I would question whether you have the professionalism and man management skills to be a manager at a top club like this.

Were the commitee and volunteers this bad when you wanted to work with them a few months ago?

No.

Does any volunteer deserve a public ear bashing when trying to acheive things at their respective clubs?

No.

Wind your neck in and let them get on with it. Samaritans can be found in the Yellow pages.

Well done Alan it is nice to hear from you your comments are fair & true, yes the true Falmouth suporters are behind you all the way, & am sure that you will agree with me, let us see this season through & not go down & then look forward to a fresh start next season,

you do not have to prove to anyone your worth your record says it all, I am sure that I speak for all of the Town suporters, when I say you have our full suport,

Falmouth is a great club all clubs at some time or other go through a rough patch, Falmouth town will come through this one,

UP THE TOWN,

Hammers :thumbsup::c::thumbsup::c: :c:

• 1 month later...