Cornwall Football Forum

Is jack dixon the next peter shilton

Guest little dave

Guest little dave

jack dixon is the torpoint goalkeeper who kept another clean sheet today with some fine stops. i spoke to dan chapman after the game via the mobile and he said jack dixon is the best keeper he has seen since playing in the manchester united youth team!!!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::yahoo::yahoo::smiley20::drink: :Santa:

is he really that good? if so why did he get bombed from BOTTOM club elburton in the premier. a bit of a stupid thread really!!!

iI understnd that it was Dixons decision to leave Elburton. He was informed that the club was getting back their old keeper as he did not like the club he had joined from Elburton, Dixon is not a person that wants to play second fiddle and why should he with <_< the talent that he has.

i do recall there being trees around at the biscovey game, a sniper might have been present as jack dixon, rob eddie, tom payne and kershaw all got shot during the 5-0 game. but i must say, jack dixon did try kicking the ball with his left foot after the injury.. never to be done again!!

thought the young lad did ok today,to be honest he wasnt called apon to often apart from a couple of long range shots,all in all a good advert for ecpl football in a game played in difficult conditions,torpoint should have been given a second half pen thou,stone wall pen for a foul on cardew.

• 3 months later...
Guest `The kid Frankie`

Well if Jack Dixon is the next Peter Shilton then surley Darren Hicks is the next Petr Cech,after Dixon was shot by the same sniper that got him at Biscovey and proberly the same one that got him at saltmill(twice) Hicks had to put on the gloves in the first 20 minutes at Wadebridge last night and boy what a game he had,pulling off save after save to keep Wadebridge at bay,so not only is hicksy the best winger in the league he`s now steaking a claim to the best goalkeeper in the ecpl :clapper:

Dixon is class but not in the same league as Darren Hicks :D

I think "The Kid" is getting a back hander :rolleyes::rolleyes: or something else from Hicky to put this on the forum. Still he is not tight with his money I think all season he has brought me ..........nothing :unsure:

Guest `The kid Frankie`

Come on Andy B you`ve got to agree Hicksy was `the nuts` between the sticks at wadebridge on wednesday night and he scored a 25 yarder!!! :D