Cornwall Football Forum

Perranporth v NEWQUAY AFC

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

After one local derby, the Newquay fans will be looking to see if the Combo side can salvage something from the festive weekend.

Some good folk down at Perran, great loyal bunch of hard workers who have followed the club for years rather than just appear from no-where, looking forward to sharing a couple of drinks with the locals, be they born and bred or adopted like myself, some of whom I know from my Canvey days (Exeter away was a good one).

Capt Haddock, you already owe me one, Ronin, looking forward to a formal introduction and others who have been in touch, we will see you about 1pm.

Heres to a good match, if its anything like the 2-2 draw at Mount Wise, it will be smiles all round.

big mistake by myself taking this one in. p/porth looked awful for a team costing so much money but they always had too much for a woeful looking newquay who were so bad they looked like they would struggle at the bottom of the mining league. nnedless to say i left after 75 mins with a 2 0 scoreline, could not endure the boredom which was far harsher than the cold temperature any longer.

Dave - what did you expect to see? Perranporth have a very strong defensive set-up and have conceded 9 goals in 18 games so it was no surprise that Newquay didn't score.

I agree that Perran didn't show their potential today, but after dropping points at Mount Wise earlier in the season I am sure they are pleased with their win. However, I do think that 16 wins out of 18 speaks for itself, Perranporth can only beat what is put in front of them if they want to push on into the SWPL

Newquay/Perran derbies are normally excellent battles, sadly this one was a bit of a mismatch due to a few things changing over the past 12 months.

And if you are going to suggest that Newquay are not worthy of the Combo, please change your comment above to read 'The Duchy League'!

Guest Peppermint

Here we go again - Dave the Rave judging teams through watching one game! If Newquay Reserves are so bad then there must be an awful lot more teams that are worse after looking at the league table.

Newquay are one of only two teams this season to take points off a very strong Perranporth team. I think I am right in that assumption.

Perranporth are obviously firm favourites to win the Combination League this season - and looking at the quality available to them it is to be expected.

Newquay will play better on other occasions but this was only one game in the season - please don't judge teams by one match. We had a St Blazey supporter slating St Austell on the evidence of one game at Foxhole on another thread.

big mistake by myself taking this one in. p/porth looked awful for a team costing so much money but they always had too much for a woeful looking newquay who were so bad they looked like they would struggle at the bottom of the mining league. nnedless to say i left after 75 mins with a 2 0 scoreline, could not endure the boredom which was far harsher than the cold temperature any longer.

dave i havent got a clue rave i have watched both teams this season . Yes perranporth are a good side and get paid good experienced players yes to good for this league I looked at newquays squad and there were 8 players 18 or under against perranporth i thought they played well the first game was really good,the second game was more pysical and experience showed Good derby your slating of both teams is total crap or you just havent got a clue all you do is slag teams down muppet

Deep breaths Cornish Chough, a few commas or full stops might help :)

p/porth looked awful for a team costing so much money

"So much money"??? Exactly how much are they costing Dave?

Let's see how good Perran are on Jan 24th. If they beat Nqy 1st team in Snr cup then I will call them a good side . Can't see it based on this game but you never know with Nqy.

Yeah will be a good test for Gosie, Rusty and Co.

Think i'm playing away at bloody Bridgrule that week!!!!!

:(