Cornwall Football Forum

MENHENICK SIGNS FOR TAVISTOCK

Guest gats

Hi Kev,

He will start with us mate with the veiw of pushing for the first team as do all the boys!!

I dont know mate but it helps that Ashleys brother plays for our first team. He is a cracking little player got a great touch & once he has a few games under his belt he will definately be a first team player.

Would be nice to get a game this week????

cheers Kev :Santa: :Santa:

Guest ECPL Supporter

I was under the impression that Torpoint recently did Tavvy a favour in waiving 7 days for Roger Collins. Is that the thanks they get, Tavvy come back earlier than they normally would have been able to and take another player?

Guest ECPL Supporter

Me too bigtony. Although i like to watch various games i find myself watching Torpoint more often than most and get great enjoyment out of it, but this is a worrying time at the moment. It would be tragic if any of the 3 that you have just named left. I sincerely hope no one else is to follow, especially those 3!!

I was under the impression that Torpoint recently did Tavvy a favour in waiving 7 days for Roger Collins. Is that the thanks they get, Tavvy come back earlier than they normally would have been able to and take another player?

I think you will find ECPL Supporter that it was over 5 weeks ago Rodger was signed so the 28 days had passed !! WORK IT OUT :clapper:

IF these players want to come to a great club with a great set up then thats fine by me :yahoo:

:Santa::Santa::Santa::Santa::Santa::Santa: :Santa:

You are right Torpoint have proved their credentials an excellant club :D Yes we slipped up last year and were close to being Champions of Div1 but it is up to us to establish ourselfs in this league and if that means bringing in players from the champions all well and good.

I am hardly going to sign players from the teams that are struggling am i ? :wacko::wacko:

From 1 great club to another :drink:

Guest ECPL Supporter

Very true! And of course as you know, you have signed a very good player. He will be missed at Torpoint i'm sure. Where r u playing on Sat, i may make that my 'match to catch'

Guest ECPL Supporter

How did the boys do? There's a rumour on the street that tavvy aint that good a club after all and Collins wants to go back to Torpoint with Menhenick soon to follow. Just a rumour mind so lets see what happens

I dont know where you are trying to go with this??

As far as Rodger you seem to know more than me as again he told me he was injured and has not mentioned to me or anyone else at the club about retiring,but i hear rumours like yourself , until i hear it from Rodger that he has retired then i will take it he is still involved!!!

But like all managers if a player has any issues then i would expect that player to talk to me about his issues before talking to his mates at least then i could possibly offer some info to people like yourself who seem to be very interested in Tavistock for some reason :P

As far as Menners is concerned he only signed the forms last tuesday and was with the first team on saturday ,He came off the bench and was very impressive accourding to the first team management !!!!

Ohh!!!! i nearly forgot yes our lads did ok on saturday concidering we havent played for 4 weeks and credit to Morwenstow who played very well and possibly could have taken all 3 pts, Another tough one on saturday at Saltash But like i said no easy games at this level.

Thank you very much for showing so much concern with Tavistock and interest in our results :P:P :Santa:

Guest ECPL Supporter

No problem, i like to show an interest in all of it. It is such a beautifull game!! It's interesting actually how you mentioned players talking to the management before their mates as i was talking to a Torpoint player on Sat night and he was telling me how Menners didn't and still hasn't made contact with anyone from Torpoint, including the manager to tell him he was leaving. That's very disappointing!!!