Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup Area Qtrs(East)

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Guest tafc.-gaffa

I know what you mean!!! I have a feeling we will pull St. Dennis! Be nice to put them out of both cups tho!! I dont care who we have to be honest but it would be nice to have a home tie as in the k.o. cup we will not play a home game and in this cup we have had 3 away ties already!! Seems like someone doesnt want us to progress in any of them!!!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Remember it very well as i played in it and i think your being abit generous with your memories cos what your saying is, we didnt????!!! Simple fact is 3 points won and well deserved!!!!

As for league positions you are having a laugh(its only Dec if you hadnt noticed),we wont be that low down come end of the season as we didnt last year with better teams in it!!! Long way to go and i look forward to coming to your place to do it again!!!

i would love a torpoint edgcumbe final. just imagine it! i think anyone out of 4 could win the area tho. its down to the team on the day. as for the st dennis v torpoint ko cup match, this will be a great game, 2 good sides, if i had to choose i would say torpoint. if our game is off that day i will not be missing it.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

i would love a torpoint edgcumbe final. just imagine it! i think anyone out of 4 could win the area tho. its down to the team on the day. as for the st dennis v torpoint ko cup match, this will be a great game, 2 good sides, if i had to choose i would say torpoint. if our game is off that day i will not be missing it.

I totally agree with you. All of us are capable but i think yourselves and us are just to strong and we both have beaten St.Dennis. We have Looe this weekend and it will be time to have a good look at them!

Skyblues you would be most welcome and i would even put a pint behind the bar for you. Looe are good footballing side and won't drop many points at home. Imust agree though anyone of 4 could win it but my opinion only Torpoint are the weakest team defensively, only my opinion.

Merry Christmas to all the Duchy Premier Teams, good teams, good football and above all great banter.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

You only managed to score 1 against us and it had to be something special!! To be honest i think you are the weekest side of all 4 of us(only my opinion of course) through out!

Love the banter!!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Point taken, but to be honest we leaked to many goals early in the season but have now got on top of it and have strengthened all round.

Same to yourselves and i look forward to it

Guest tafc.-gaffa

We will be taking Looe with a lot of respect,but maybe not so much for their hellhole pitch that hangs on the side of the English Channel!!

We played them there in the area semi-final last year and won,so we will be expecting a tough game but with great expectations of taking 3 points.

As for Garfs seeding, you havent looked into passed meetings and previous campaigns in this comp. Maybe as you have never gone this far in the comp youself????

personally think st dennis are a stronger team than torpoint despite their result in the league. Mind u i heard one of the strikers left to foxhole in the east corn is this true? he was their best player if so.

Anyone can beat anyone and if all the big guns pull each other you could be seeing a team from the lower divisions in the final!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

just done the draw in case ccfa can't be bothered tonight.

Sticker v Saltash

Probus v St Dennis

Torpoint v Looe

St Dominick v Edgcumbe

Any other suggestion before the draw.

Why haven't Lamerton played in the Junior Cup this Year?

Obviously you want to avoid the big boys!!! :drink:

Think Edgcumb are due a slip up and i think it will come in this cup!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

re: why havent lamerton played in the junior cup. BECAUSE ITS CALLED THE CORNWALL JUNIOR CLUB AND LAMERTON IS IN DEVON!!!

Why do Stratton Utd play in it then clever **** cos their in Devon!!!!!

We will be taking Looe with a lot of respect,but maybe not so much for their hellhole pitch that hangs on the side of the English Channel!!

We played them there in the area semi-final last year and won,so we will be expecting a tough game but with great expectations of taking 3 points.

As for Garfs seeding, you havent looked into passed meetings and previous campaigns in this comp. Maybe as you have never gone this far in the comp youself????

Sorry to disappoint you Torpoint Man was there in the Area Final two years ago against St Dennis when we lost 2-1 down Bodmin. Also lost in the Area Semi-Final years ago against a quallity Biscovey side 2-1. Oh, your a fine one to talk about Looe"s pitch after what we had to play you lot on at the start of the season ha ha ha. :SM_carton:

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Sorry to disappoint you Torpoint Man was there in the Area Final two years ago against St Dennis when we lost 2-1 down Bodmin. Also lost in the Area Semi-Final years ago against a quallity Biscovey side 2-1. Oh, your a fine one to talk about Looe"s pitch after what we had to play you lot on at the start of the season ha ha ha. :SM_carton:

I meant your team!!!!

Nothing wrong with are good facilities at H.M.S. Raleigh with 3 pitches to chose from!

Bad workmen blame their tools!!!!

I misread your last and see you got to the area final.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

I never blame the pitch as both teams have to play on it!!! Played at Stratton last week and that is identical to it and just got on with the job in hand.

Think you best worry about them in the junior cup rather than us!!!!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Anyone know why Edgcumbe have not got an opponent??? Have Saltash played an illegal player in the previous round or something cos they beat Launceston 7-0??

Devon clubs can play in the Cornwall cup competitions. It all depends on which county FA the team affiliates to. I don't know of any examples of Devon clubs in the Cornwall Junior Cup but I do know of Lamorna FC, a Plymouth based team playing in the Cornwall Sunday Cup as their secretary lives in Saltash.

Edgecumbe as far as I am aware should not be in the draw and were placed their by accident as they were beaten by Probus 2 rounds previous.

Hope this helps.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Edgcumbe beat St. Teath in the last round that was St Dominick i think that beat Probus. There is obviously something wrong with the saltash - launceston game???? Look on the Cornwall fa website.

As for the Cornwall/Devon thing thanks.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

I thought that mate. I might of got the probus/st. dominick thing wrong but Edgcumbe are def through. That will be a result for you if Saltash get thrown out as they seem to be a good side!!!!

Whats happened then someone must know!!???