Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town v Newton Abbot Spurs

CSWPL Premier Saturday November 8th. 3-00pm Bickland Park

FALMOUTH TOWN 3 NEWTON ABBOT SPURS 1

h/t 1-1.Corners 2-12

Est.Att. 80(includinga good number from NAS who stayed down for the weekend)

Conditions -Increasing wind and rain)

LINEUPS-

FALMOUTH-Chris Symons;Brinton Nute;Tom Hunter;Damon Mulready(Capt);Dave Rawlings;Matt Moore(Shaun Halford 50m);Sam Hunter;Adam Trudgian;Glen Squires(Bobby Bryant 83m);Matt Drummond(Felipe Rodriguez 83m);Stuart Peters;Sub Andy Bowker not used:

NEWTON A.S-Ben Doyle;Ben Sharland;Kevin Chapman;James Mills;Kevin Dadd;Kevin Gardner(Capt);Nick cousins;Scott McArthur(Paul Sharland 64m);Gary Byrne(Nick Edmunds 69m);Dan Spargo(Matt Lean 83m);Joe Andrews;Sub Not Used Jake Elmson

Goals-FT

(27 Secs) Glen Squires pounced when keeper Doyle failed to get back pass under control.

57 min.Damon Mulready-a cool penalty low into corner after McArthur had tripped Trudgian.

77 min. Matt Drummond received a thru'ball from Trudgian and slot thru' the legs of the advancing Doyle.

This being the 100th SWPL(P) goal scored by Falmouth Town.

NAS-38 min. Scott McArthur headed high and wide of Symons from a cross by Gary Byrne

Bookings.

FT-14 min.Matt Drummond (Diving)

NAS- 44min Joe Andrews (Late tackle from behind) 68.Min Nick Cousins (foul)

Referee;Adam Hopkins Plymouth

Assistants;Dave Baxter -Hayle;Ivan Murdock Helston

First league win at Bickland after a record 5 Home league defeats also first league double of the season

How did the game go Mike ? Didn't see any of the regular Spurs people out on Saturday night as I knew they were stopping overnight in Falmouth. I know alot travelled down last year and they said they would return as the place had character and they received a warm welcome from everyone. First "double" of the season, well done, onwards and upwards now - or not ???

Thought the scoreline was a little flattering as I was looking towards the Falmouth goal more than Newton's and the corner count was well in youir favour.

Some wayward NAS shooting in the second half wheras Falmouth made the most of their opportunities.

Its a pity both league games at The Rec' and Bickland were played in horrible weather.

I think Suzie has mentioned your great support somewhere on the forum.