Cornwall Football Forum

Best young player in the mining league?

Guest THEROCK

The best young player in the mining league is Abbo at Trevenson....what a player....left foot, right foot, glides pass people for fun...absolutely superb!!! is playing 3 or 4 leagues lower than he should be...WHAT A PLAYER!!!

Danny bell at troon is 1 of the best strikers of a ball in the league would score goals at a higher level easily,have 2 agrree that abbo is 1 of the best all round players in the league.

Guest benh1980

wagwan kenneth in the forum

i vote louis goss of the mighty trevenson 2nd team.

His pace is imense and well he has a mighty shot well he is the best in the west :P

louis goss

best player in the mining league is cornish new boys ali chard, what a player, left foot, right foot, great header of the ball and amazing pace and strength. without doubt he should be playing south western!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT A TALENT!! :clapper:

There are some good players mentioned in the posts but if these players are that good, like Abbo is, I dont understand why there not playing combo or a higher standard.

I know we all like to play with our mates & have a beer, I understand all that, but when I was 17/18 I was itching to play combo & left Holmans for Porthleven. Which, no disrespect to Holmans, I think made me a better player because I was training & playing with better players. Even managed to get myself into the S.Western league squad a couple of times.

This isnt a dig at any of theses guys but I think they need to make the step up and give it go.

You are a long time retired & its better to look back on a carrer and say 'I did that or played there' than 'I could have played there or could of played in that league'.

All I am trying to say fellas is, if you think your good enough, get out of your comfort zone & give it a go, if its not for you I'm sure you'll be welcomed back. No one ever got slated for trying to play a higher standard.

calm down baggie i say each to there own mate and lets be honest if you played a bit more junior football you may have won more things :clapper: . also mate as i have said for years the top junior sides are just as good as the lower senior sides .

I agree Sammo, but i read thing like this & same players get mentioned, some I know some I dont, just reckon they should come & play for us....no only joking.....but they should try to play a higher standard.

As a man of your age, at least you can look back on you career,you should be able to remember most of it, and say I won nearly everything at Junior level & dabled in the standard above and not think 'I could played in that league'.

See you Saturday mate....I understand I owe a bit of fine money.... ;)