Cornwall Football Forum

Has Wenger finally lost it?

Guest Man on the Post

Guest Man on the Post

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger today accused Stoke defenders Rory Delap and Ryan Shawcross of deliberately injuring Theo Walcott and Emmanuel Adebayor.

I certainly think he's lost it. What do you think?

no arsene wenger hasnt lost it but he does have a history

of accusing other teams/players of injuring the arsenal players,

most of the time after a poor result.

delaps foul on walcott was deliberate but there was no intent to

injure him. as for shawcross on adebayor again no intent just a late challenge.

the stoke players were probably told to get stuck into arsenal and rough them up

but cant believe they were told to injure the players.

wenger has to stop moaning and get arsenal back on track.

come on the gunnerx :yahoo:

Guest Man on the Post

I think Wenger will probably face a F.A. charge for these comments and should apologise to Rory Delap and Ryan Shawcross. :SM_carton:

Oh, and by the way he made no mention of van Persie's assault on the Stoke goalkeeper! :SM_carton:

Oh, and by the way he made no mention of van Persie's assault on the Stoke goalkeeper! :SM_carton:

:clapper::clapper:

Although in all fairness, he did yesterday. He said "Van Persie should not have done it BUT it did not deserve a red and a yellow would have been more than sufficient).. :wacko:

See, no sign of double standards from master splinter :unsure::wacko: ;)

Wenger is well known for this,lets circle the waggons,its every one hates us time.

As said before,Wenger's eyesight is amazing,he see's the foul's on Walcott,Adebayor,Sagna,but don,t

mention the Van Persie incident,which was far worse than any Stoke tackle.

It is all a big deflection screen,he take all the limelight away from the facts.

4rsen4l was shyte against Stoke and were rightly beaten by a better team.

Wenger knows his team are virtually out of the premiership race.

6 pts behind the leaders and games against Man.Utd,Chelsea,Liverpool,Boro away and Villa twice all

before Christmas.

Wenger can see by Christmas time,the pressure could really be on.

The F.A. should definately deal with his comments,but you know what the F.A.are like. :SM_carton:

4rsen4l was shyte against Stoke and were rightly beaten by a better team.

Stats from the BBC website:

Possession

Stoke 42% Arsenal 58%

Shots on target

Stoke 5 Arsenal 6

Shots off target

Stoke 3 Arsenal 7

Corners

Stoke 3 Arsenal 5

Fouls

Stoke 12 Arsenal 7

Hmm, we lost in 2 departments, critically, the goals department, and then there is the Fouls department.

I must AGREE however with your look at the forthcoming fixtures. Not a pretty sight. I don't think there is a cause for panic though, just yet.

Another point though, with Newcastles win last night, the league is very tight at the moment. Spurs, with 9 points and bottom are only 6 points behind Everton in 7th place. I can't remember it being that close for a long time. I know we are less than a third the way through, but if it continues like this, the last third of the season could be nail biting for a higher number of clubs than usual, hopefully not including the mighty Gunners. Long live Wenger and his 20-20 vision and highly accurate accusations. :blink:

Mangle,that was certainly one of your better posts.You must admit mate stats are just figures for excuses,

football is who scores the most goals in a game.

But if you like your stats look at the Spurs - Liverpool game,very similiar.Score was Spurs scored 2

Liverpool 1.

I was looking at the league table from a Spurs angle,and seen the same as you.

We are bottom ,but we have games at Man City,Blackburn,Everton,Fulham twice,W.Ham and Newcastle

all before Christmas,IF,and it is a big IF,Harry can keep our run going and picking up points against these

teams,we will be looking good at Christmas.?

Do you think Wenger should be dealt with by the F.A.?

No, I don't think that Wenger needs to be told off. I agree with his sentiment that Arsenal are "bullied" (for want of another word) by teams sometimes. The tackles that he is referring to were bad tackles in the sense that they should have been punished (and they were I believe).

"Do you really feel that [Rory] Delap tried to play the ball when he tackled Walcott or that [Ryan] Shawcross tried to play the ball when he tackled Adebayor off the pitch?"

That is what he said, and I think the answer is "no" in each case. Fair enough. But he went on....

"All the players have been injured deliberately." This is the contentious remark I believe.

Don't forget that these remarks are made at news conferences where "clever" jouralists ask "leading questions". In this case, Wenger was asked whether the intention had been to deliberately hurt his players? This would have been after a number of other questions. Interestingly, it was at a news conference for the Champions League. I don't remember the last time Stoke were involved in the Champions League!!

Give the chap a rest. He's had a hard week. One point from 2 games, half the team injured, a Champions League game on Wednesday followed by Man U at the weekend.

Probably the truth of the matter is that Stoke did try to rough us up a bit and play a typical English-style of game. Wenger's comments have an element of truth but he is probably playing mind-games. We are by no means out of the title race yet - it's only early November! Hopefully it will go down to the wire.

Probably the truth of the matter is that Stoke did try to rough us up a bit and play a typical English-style of game. Wenger's comments have an element of truth but he is probably playing mind-games.

Who's he playing mind games with? The Refs!!!! Cracking plan, that one!

Surely the fact that he has thrown his toys out of the pram big time, is only going to encourage all the future opponents to adopt a more physical approach, as it clearly gets Monsieur Wenger and his bunch of merry men all hot under the collar.

We are by no means out of the title race yet - it's only early November!

Now that's one of the best jokes you've come up with fella in a long time. Until Wenger stops with this misguided notion to purchase potentially good players and mould them into the players he wants, as opposed to getting a couple of world class players to compliment the kiddies, Arsenal won't be anywhere near the title or Champions league finals.

Probably the truth of the matter is that Stoke did try to rough us up a bit and play a typical English-style of game. Wenger's comments have an element of truth but he is probably playing mind-games.

Surely the fact that he has thrown his toys out of the pram big time, is only going to encourage all the future opponents to adopt a more physical approach, as it clearly gets Monsieur Wenger and his bunch of merry men all hot under the collar.

Now that's one of the best jokes you've come up with fella in a long time. Until Wenger stops with this misguided notion to purchase potentially good players and mould them into the players he wants, as opposed to getting a couple of world class players to compliment the kiddies, Arsenal won't be anywhere near the title or Champions league finals.

As a Yid you'll be an expert in buying class players and moulding them into a title winning team.

Who are you kidding?

As a Yid you'll be an expert in buying class players and moulding them into a title winning team.

Who are you kidding?

Honestly, you boys always want to get into some childish slanging match, this has nothing to do with Spurs!!! :rolleyes:

Do you boys not agree that Arsenal would have had a better shot at challenging for the title if they had gone out and bought Xabi Alonso or Gareth Barry in the summer, instead of Amaury Bischoff (who is a helluva player in my Footie Manager 2008 game..... in 2014/15 season)?

Who are you kidding?

Honestly, you boys always want to get into some childish slanging match, this has nothing to do with Spurs!!! :rolleyes:

You started throwing the bricks, not me!

And you are absolutely right - the Premier League title and the Champions League have got nothing to do with Spurs!

:lol::lol::lol:

Do you boys not agree that Arsenal would have had a better shot at challenging for the title if they had gone out and bought Xabi Alonso or Gareth Barry in the summer, instead of Amaury Bischoff (who is a helluva player in my Footie Manager 2008 game..... in 2014/15 season)?

Yes I agree. Preferably Gareth Barry.

I did forget to mention RvP's attack on the Stoke goalkeeper. I mean, I hope the chap comes out of hospital in time for Christmas, 2009. Presumably, RvP is banged up now in prison, where he belongs. He nearly took the bloke's head off. It was like watching Scarface, mindless violence. The only thing he didn't do was shoot him when he went down. Why did he only get one red card, surely that challenge was worthy of fifty red cards in one go? A disgrace. What was he thinking, that this is a contact sport or something? Ban him for life, from this country even.

Wiger Wenger does have a point. RvP assualt on the goalkeeper was more a case of frustration than an attempt to injure and he got his just deserts. In fairness I do agree with Wenger in that the two tackles were two tackles aimed to injure and I would say with intent. I am not sure why those sorts of tackles are not punished with red cards. I thought tackles from behind were now illegal, perhaps the law has changed again because it has been creeping back into the game for some time. Any player wil tell you that if you receive a tackle just above the back of the ankle then it could result in a career threatening injury.

I'm afraid a referee has to decide not that a hard tackle had been made but was there intent to harm or injure in the tackle. Did the referee bottle it, I don't know but he did take the easy option of sending off RvP for what was nothing more than stupid petulance and not do the same for the two tackles. in fairness Wenger was asked the question and he answered iot honestly. These players cost millions and the last thing anyone once to see is a career ruined through some meatheads dangerous tackle.

Guest Man on the Post

If we accept that these tackles were made with intent, then Wenger must accept that a lot of the 75 Arsenal players sent off during his time in charge have been guilty of the same thing! :SM_carton:

Probably the truth of the matter is that Stoke did try to rough us up a bit and play a typical English-style of game.

Erm, what country is the Premiership based in??. :wacko:

I'm pretty sure that you'll find that Stoke play that way against EVERY team, as do the likes of Bolton and Blackburn..

It cracks me up that every time Arsenal are beaten, they come out saying "we were kicked off the park, the ref was shocking" etc etc.. Why cant they just lose fair and square.

Your French fancies ALWAYS moan when they are tackled with any ferocity. They should learn to bloody deal with it or piss off back to where they came from and chomp down a few snails in garlic sauce.

I did forget to mention RvP's attack on the Stoke goalkeeper. I mean, I hope the chap comes out of hospital in time for Christmas, 2009. Presumably, RvP is banged up now in prison, where he belongs.

Speaking of RVP and prison, what ever did come of the rape accusation.......

Nasty bit of work that one

Probably the truth of the matter is that Stoke did try to rough us up a bit and play a typical English-style of game.

Erm, what country is the Premiership based in??. :wacko:

I'm pretty sure that you'll find that Stoke play that way against EVERY team, as do the likes of Bolton and Blackburn..

It cracks me up that every time Arsenal are beaten, they come out saying "we were kicked off the park, the ref was shocking" etc etc.. Why cant they just lose fair and square.

Your French fancies ALWAYS moan when they are tackled with any ferocity. They should learn to bloody deal with it or piss off back to where they came from and chomp down a few snails in garlic sauce.

And I thought top-quality football was all about skill, technique, passing, etc., etc.

Teams like Stoke survive on limited skill and dragging the game down to a kicking competition. If that's the type of football that some people enjoy watching then they are welcome to it. I prefer to watch my lot who set the standards for all to follow.

If that's the type of football that some people enjoy watching then they are welcome to it. I prefer to watch my lot who set the standards for all to follow.

Set the standards but get beaten and win nothing?? Whatever turns you on I guess :c: .. Were your boys setting the standard a few years back when they were battering Van Nistelrooy and getting in his face and jumping infront of him when he missed his penalty etc??

I'm sure Stoke would much rather play pretty and get no points :wacko:

I wish the managers would get the message Whinger has been saying long enough, DO NOT TACKLE ARSENAL PLAYERS, DO NOT TRY TO STOP THEM PLAYING THE GAME THEY ARE GOOD AT, DO LAY OUT THE RED CARPET AND LET ARSENAL BEAT YOUR TEAM WITH RELATIVE EASE!! Its all pretty simple to understand!

Never would have caught an Arsenal player behaving like those rascals at Stoke, especially Adams, Wright, Viera, Keown, Winterburn,Eboue, van Persie. Always gents when spitting, stamping, threatening & two footing other players.

If that's the type of football that some people enjoy watching then they are welcome to it. I prefer to watch my lot who set the standards for all to follow.

Set the standards but get beaten and win nothing?? Whatever turns you on I guess :c: .. Were your boys setting the standard a few years back when they were battering Van Nistelrooy and getting in his face and jumping infront of him when he missed his penalty etc??

I'm sure Stoke would much rather play pretty and get no points :wacko:

I think you'll see we have won plenty under Wenger.

Your lot have won one trophy in 17 years - not much, is it?

I think you'll see that you won plenty under Wenger when you had those dirty ba***rds Adams, Keown, Viera and Winterburn playing for you, but absolutely sweet fa since they all left ;)

I also see that your ONLY response to a thread is to bring up Spurs, who are NOTHING to do with the statement made. Open your mind fella..

I think you'll see that you won plenty under Wenger when you had those dirty ba***rds Adams, Keown, Viera and Winterburn playing for you, but absolutely sweet fa since they all left ;)

I also see that your ONLY response to a thread is to bring up Spurs, who are NOTHING to do with the statement made. Open your mind fella..

If you are going to throw bricks at my team then I think I'm entitled to do the same at yours!

:P

I :SM_carton::SM_carton: think your statement of 1 trophy in 17 years needs to be looked at my friend.

Spurs beat Chelsea 2-1 aet in 2008

Spurs beat Leicester 1-0 at Wembley with a last minute winner by Alan Neillson,in 1999 under a manager

called Graham,remember,I do I was there.

My apologies.

TWO trophies in 17 years!

Now, where were we?

:lol::lol: :lol:

If you are going to throw bricks at my team then I think I'm entitled to do the same ay yours!

I haven't thrown bricks at anyone. I just said that your club, manager and players ALWAYS moan when they are beaten, given a hard game or tackled. I then asked why they just can't simply get beaten like every other team?.

I can see how you must be mentally and permanently traumatised after such huge, damaging bricks were thrown :wacko:

If you are going to throw bricks at my team then I think I'm entitled to do the same ay yours!

I haven't thrown bricks at anyone. I just said that your club, manager and players ALWAYS moan when they are beaten, given a hard game or tackled. I then asked why they just can't simply get beaten like every other team?.

I can see how you must be mentally and permanently traumatised after such huge, damaging bricks were thrown :wacko:

Because we don't like getting beaten.

Tell me who does?

Right.

I've got to go.

I've got something far more exciting to do - teaching linear equations to Year 9!

:D:D:D

I'll catch you Spuds later...

wenger is a great manager for what he has done with the Arse. But as a bloke and the way he comes across....what a *****!!

walcott dived, and i agree with pulis, the only player to get sent off in the game was one of his own!!! how about the 50 odd red cards his players have received since he took charge........?

first sign of him not having his own way and he throws the toys out of the pram!!!

harry redknapp's quotes when asked what he thought of wengers comments........i dd not see it, must have been looking the other way!!!! ha ha

COYS

FOYG

steady boys.......... its like a game of slag off tennis.........

From a neutrals view Wenger was wrong in his comments and I'm sure they were made out of frustration of a not very good week... To accuse players of being sent out by their manager to deliberatelly injure fellow professionals is slanderous, (although I would believe it if it was Warnock) they were proberbly told the same thing as Blackburn, Bolton, west brom etc to get into Arsenals faces and rough them up a bit as Mr Jones from dads army says "they don't like it up them" For Wenger to then come out and say that is an open invatation to rough his team up to win the game. Arsenal have a reputation of "Southern Softies" because thay cant match the rough sides away from home as we have seen in recent years. This saturday they will have more chance of winning against united as utd will be playing their own brand of passing football and not as much rough stuff. United and Chelski have the knack of going to these rough teams and coming away with something, Liverpool are just finding it again but Arsenal need to find it again if they are going to win the premiership again, and as much as i enjoy watching Fabregas, Nasri and co playing their fantastic football, they should never have sold Henry........... I also think that Mr Wenger should drill into his team that you can score from outside the 6 yard box and don't have to walk the ball into the net which has cost them before.

And going back to the north london derby, if your an arsenal fan didn't you just know that when you were 4-2 up and Wenger took his forwards off and changed to a defensive formation that spurs were going to come back, I could see it as a hammer....... how many times has that backfired on him, especially in europe when he thinks the game is won.

Don't think that I'm an arsenal hater, far from it, my son is a mad gooner and over recent years I have had to take him to see them at Middlesboro, Newcastle, Sunderland, Man U, Liverpool Villa and the emirates and have proberbly seen them more than the hammers..

As for Harry Houdinni, he must of trod in some dogshit that was 6ft high, I still maintain to this day that if he had stayed at west ham we would be one of the top 6 sides in the premiership

You Gooners should try supporting West Ham where we are crap against any style of football........... :yahoo:

Opinion over..............

although im no spurs fan i have to agree with them about wengers incessant whining,arsenal are not kicked any more or any less than any other team in the prem but our dear french friend seems to think that arsenal have got a god given right to win every game and nobody else should be cheeky enough to dare tackle his players,i could be mistaken but i thought football was a mans game if the arsenal lads cant take the physical aspect of it im sure theres other sports they could take up.i also find it amazing that wengers lads never seem to commit a foul in his book some of there past behaviour has been disgraceful but the f.a never seem to punish the arsenal management.it sometimes makes me wonder if theres some kind of hidden agenda going on,wenger next england manager when capello calls it a day i wonder? <_<

Aesene is a whinger but he does havea point. No one should have the right to strutt their stuff without challenge but why should any player have the right to act the tough guy and put in dangerous and career threatening tackles.

Once again it coems down to the referee and his assistants who for whatever reason fail to act on these type of tackles They apart from trying to control a football match have a yes a 'health and safety' attituted towards any player of any team at any level.

If they don't then you will have managers screaming down their throat and players carrying out retribution. But what do we get Keane asking the referee questions, yes asking and Ferguson doing the same thing. And then we get the biggest plonker of all being upgraded just because he is the youngest referee around not because he is the best.

I now get the feeling that there should be a seperate committee set up away from the FA to determine punishment or otherwise about players, managers abd match officials. Yes have them represented of course but referees must never ever be judge and jury over their own officials. Remove that and you will start to bring in fairness.

This is again not a knock at officials but when they know that right is on their side then they will continue to perform badly. And yes just like American football let the cameras and a judge decide if a player is deemed to have performed dangerous play. And yes again why oh why is there not a third card, a green or blue or something for offences which are so petty as to be laughable. These cards called all be given a points system leading up to the red card.

I don't like to boast, but from my posting of 5th november:

Arsenal have a reputation of "Southern Softies" because thay cant match the rough sides away from home as we have seen in recent years. This saturday they will have more chance of winning against united as utd will be playing their own brand of passing football and not as much rough stuff.