01/11/2008 Holsworthy 0-1 Buckland Athletic 0

01/11/2008 Ivybridge Town 3-2 St Blazey 0

01/11/2008 Liskeard Athletic 1-1 Falmouth Town 0

01/11/2008 Newton Abbot Spurs 0-2 Wadebridge Town (P) 0

01/11/2008 Saltash United 4-0 Clyst Rovers 0

01/11/2008 Torpoint Athletic 0-6 Cullompton Rangers 0

01/11/2008 Witheridge 3-2 Tavistock

Guest bigdawg1

after watching ivybridge vs st blazey the question is....do ivybridge really have the quality to be contenders come the end of the season ?, it was a very entertaining game which st blazey in my opinion played the better football and had the better chances. after goin 3-0 down the first 2 goals being against the run of play from a joe trulove shot which was dragged into the bottom left hand corner and a superb header form jamie middleton back across the keeper , straight after half time a very clever lob from sullivan made it 3 ? the blazey fans proberly feared the worst but hard work and good play down the right from joe carey and richard maddison saw a cross chipped into the area for austin beeney to score agaisnt his former club, blazey carried on there momentom and forced another goal shortly after from a squared ball by robbie brimming which had seemed to have been a foot off the pitch saw richard maddison tap into an all but empty net. jamie middleton hit a fierce strike against the bar and dave trott and luke rundall saw there efforts inches on the wrong side of the goal frame and a good save by ivybridge keeper dave painter to tip it round for a corner. Overall st blazey definatly deserve a point at the least and i wouldnt expect them to stay mid table for long

Totally agree bigdawg. Didnt think St Blazey desearved to be 3-0 down and the lob was more luck if you ask me!! St Blazey did play some tidy football in the first half and what lets them down at the moment is the lack of height in the team and the killer touch. St Blazey are proving to be un predictable this season. Take our last 4 results, Beat a top team in Dartmouth at home 2-1, then loose to Falmouth in the cup who are bottom 2-1, then beat lowly Holsworthy 4-3, then loose today. Ivybridge are no better than alot of teams in this league and I havnt seen a decent team play St Blazey yet. Havin seen Ivybridge and Dartmouth I wouldnt say they have a team that will stop Bodmin or Parkway. Havnt seen Buckland so maybe they to have a chance.

Surprise result of the day, Torpoint loosing 6-0 at home!! What happened there??

We all see the same game played in different lights. Having read the report in the Herald first, which stated "this was a strange encounter as St Blazey probably played the better football in the first half (no mention 2nd half, so guess it was even) but lacked the cutting edge in front of goal". My next port of call is here.

According to the Herald reporter, "Joe Truelove's cool finish from the edge of the area", but, bigdawg1, "Joe Trueloves shot which was dragged into the bottom left hand corner" and bigdawg1 wrote "very clever lob from sullivan", but paul stated "lob was more luck if you ask me" and then the Herald reporter wrote "Sullivan's shot hit a defender's boot to loop up over the stranded Key and into the net." Who do we believe!!

Only EH & BD1 mentioned the ball appearing to be a foot out of play for St B second goal. What was the Assistant ref looking at, same thing as Paul! (LOL)

Are they good enough to be contenders, well the league postions at the moment say they are. No team can win every game convincingly, its when you grind out the win by the odd goal and hang on in there, thats what matters.

Paul - Ivybridge have played Buckland twice so far, drawing in league and winning in the T. Cup, both away from home.

As for your comment "not seen a decent team play St B" thats abit low! What happens when you do come up against a decent team?

As we all know its not the amount chances you make, but, how many times the ball ends up in the onion bag.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Guest bigdawg1

yes i have been told that sullivans effort did in fact take a deflection off a blazey players foot, wasn't really that clear from where i was standing (down the bottom end). However being down the bottom end i did get a solid view of joe trueloves goal which by no mean was a good finish it was clearly dragged into the bottom corner, although u have to credit the lad for getting in the position because we all no it doesn't matter how they go in as long as it does, also yes the ball was clearly over the line but like we all no aswell u have to play to the wistle which in blazey case they did and they got the rewards for it. as for the second half it was more even when it came to chances but blazey had a lot more of the ball. having spoke to a number of people about what they thought of ivybridge in previous games against other opponents it seems everybody has the same answer, they are winning games through very tight margins and not convincingly so surely the luck has to swing round sometime, but all credit to them and wish them the best of luck

As you said, got to be in the postion in the first place to score and they all count, no matter how it crosses the line.

How convincing does it have to be! No-one wants teams winning 10 - 0. If teams won every game convincingly, it would be a boring game to watch (unless its your team winning). Luck will always play a part in football, some people say you make your own luck! Just got to make use of it when its your turn.

Ivybridge were without 3 regulars players due to bans.

League is tight and will only get tighter, end of the christmas period will give a better idea of how teams will finish up. Last year Ivybridge went about 9 games without a win, could have done with a bit of luck then. :thumbsup:

Guest bigdawg1

I say convincing i mean by the way they play and not the scoreline, 3 players out or not, to win things ur squad has to be of the highest quality, and shud b efficient enough to win games without them which i know obviously they did. What im getting at is i expected a lot more than what they showed on this occasion and by what other spectators are saying.