Cornwall Football Forum

Junior cup predictions east

Guest HICKERS

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Sounds like your asking for rain skyblues!!!! I am confident we will progress to the next round not so sure about edgcumb though. I here on the grapevine they are abit short of players and need the pitch to be out,if you know what i mean!!!!

think there could be an upset or 2 in the junior cup, i do think bodmin will pose torpoint a few problems, as previously stated Bodmin score goals, and torpoint are poor at the back with a suspect keeper, the only problem bodmin will have is keepin torpoints front line quiet, if they manage to do that there could be an upset on the cards.

Edgcumbe v St Teath will be tight, Edgcumbe do have a couple out but still have a good squad to win the game, as Skyblues said. Be intersting to see how st teath cope on a bigger pitch.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Our backline did alright against you last year bigdawg and its not changed so bodmin shouldnt be to much of a threat!!! As we beat grampound without problem last week,while bodmin drew with them im not to worried!! As for keeping our strikers quiet- no-one has yet!!!!! Edgcumb GAME OFF cos they bottled it and couldnt raise a team!!! I guessed right yesterday!!!!

St TEATHS PITCH IS NOT SMALL,the measurements are 68m wide and 95m long,bodmins is slightly bigger 65m wide and 100m long.I hear the surface at millbrook is poor at the moment i dont think anyone can say that of our pitch.We have a couple of lads out to so it could be interesting,dont think our reserve game will survive the weather,may bring a couple of those lads with us for numbers.Torpoint should get past Bodmin Saints but i tried to get the ames boys preseason they banged in a few for Camelford in a much higher league last year, it will be very hard going i think.

tafc 'gaffa' we r talking about this season. u let in an average of 2 goals a game!!! if u wonder why our game could be off ring millbrook fc cos it has nothing to do with us. did u beat grampound easy? their write up dont say that!!! did you get it changed back to a 2 o clock ko sat?

tafc-gaffa - who told u we cant raise a team? we have over 18 players signed on!!!!!!!!!!! just because 1 player is away at work and has been for the last 6 weeks, and the another got injured last week who is a squad player anyway, that doesnt mean we cant raise a team as it still leaves us with 16 players! mind u i remember you saying the same thing when our match was called off against you in september, it never has anything to do with the weather! Also unfortunatley we are not Millbrook FC's main priority, Millbrook are funnily enough, which is why they do tend to cancel our games if there is bad weather, but then this weeks weather has been something else anyway!

Kitbag - the millbrook pitch hasnt been great for a few seasons!its a shame as it has the potential to be the best surface in the league. You have a nice pitch which is well looked after, it just seems a bit short, thats what i meant by small, but then again millbrooks pitch is big.

Guest HICKERS

Going to grampound is no easy game due to the surface but at home Bodmin Saints will prove a tough game and they can pull off big wins like Kilkhampton in the first round and beating Elburton Villa pre season 5-1,We are unbeaten in every competition this season and have held top spot in our leagues for over 12 months,it will be a good game whatever the outcome, Bodmin have nothing to lose

Saints have let in an average of 1 goal a game. Reckon T A might score 1 but Saints average 5 a game this season. Work it out for yourselves. Torpoint may well have to score 6 just to win this one. I don't think they will. What's more; I don't think they think they will either. It should be a cracker though.

As for Grampound's pitch? I won't criticise as it would be disrespectful but let me just say this: it was interesting.

Going to grampound is no easy game due to the surface but at home Bodmin Saints will prove a tough game and they can pull off big wins like Kilkhampton in the first round and beating Elburton Villa pre season 5-1,We are unbeaten in every competition this season and have held top spot in our leagues for over 12 months,it will be a good game whatever the outcome, Bodmin have nothing to lose

And another thing Hickers, it's about time we hit form mate.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

We used to hit 6 or 7 a game back when we were in your league!! The premier is the best its been for a while with 4 or 5 teams that are capable of taking the title. Its not 7-0 wins anymore so it will be nice to go back to it!! Good luck today Saints im not underestimating you, just very confident with a strong squad of 21 and some very special players. See you at 2pm!

Skyblues you should know better than to read the home teams write ups!!! You've been on the recieving end of some bias reports yourselfs!! Yes its 2 pm. Come and watch if you can wade through your pitch!! Ha ha!!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

My hat goes off to a very strong tidy side in Bodmin Saints. Great game yesterday and i expect to see you in the premier very soon. You started very strong,and were the better side up until the pen. We can argue about wether it was all day but when you have 2 defenders hanging off a very powerfull striker its open to debate!!! To be honest we were happy to go in on the break,up! Second half i thought our strength and ability quietened your team with your keeper keeping you in it with a string of top draw saves! I think the result was the right one, that is not taking anything away from your side. Its no wonder you've been unbeaten for so long! Good luck for the rest of what WILL be a successfull season for you!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

No problem, credit where credit is due! I look forward to his response. Thanks, we have alot of belief in our team as we reached the area final last year and i expect to go one better this year! As a player/joint manager i would like to keep you guys in mind for pre-season as it tested our fitness against you!! Or it might be me hitting mid thirties and feeling it!!! All the best.

Guest HICKERS

Yeah very fair comments taf-gaffa and we can hold our heads high.Not a lot of chances for us second half and must say both teams played very well in patches.Hope you go on to win the competition now and you never know give it a couple of seasons we might see you again. Thanks to all your players for some of the comments made to us yesterday.

• 4 weeks later...

Edgcumbe vs Nanpean Rovers HOME - Edgcumbe to net at least 5.

Fowey United vs St Dennis DRAW - High scoring game as both teams have goalscorers, this could be a potential upset.

St Dominick vs Callington HOME - Could well be closer than people think.

Launceston vs Saltash AWAY - Saltash to shade it.

Looe Town vs Pensilva HOME - Looe with home advantage should be enough.

Probus vs North Petherwin HOME - Very close game, if it's a draw I'd fancy North Petherwin in the reply, but think that Probus may pinch it.

Sticker vs Calstock HOME - Sticker are on awesome form, and have a very strong side now, won't be easy though in a game that could go either way.

Stratton United vs Torpoint Athletic AWAY - Although Stratton are improving, having played against Torpoint in the knockout cup they are a very strong team, with Brian Stacey too hot to handle for the Stratton defence. Torpoint to score at least 5.