Cornwall Football Forum

Wadebridge v Bodmin Vase tie

Whoever wrote that piece of fiction clearly wasn't at the game. Bodmin scored from 3 mistakes by us and apparently their other goal was offside.

No complaints about them deserving to win, but had we taken our chances and not made mistakes for them to score it could, and should have been very different.

We had 3 penalty shouts that could have gone either way, but didn't go our way on the day, plus we missed 3 other clear chances before Kevin Miller went off.

Bodmin are the best team we've played this season so far, and we can take a lot of positives from the game as we competed with them and considering they had 4 of the best strikers in the league all playing together, you would expect them to make some chances.

Game played in a good spirit, only one silly tackle in the whole game and good luck to Bodmin in the next round.

Guest Uncle Albert

"Whoever wrote that piece of fiction clearly wasn't at the game. Bodmin scored from 3 mistakes by us and apparently their other goal was offside.

No complaints about them deserving to win, but had we taken our chances and not made mistakes for them to score it could, and should have been very different.

We had 3 penalty shouts that could have gone either way, but didn't go our way on the day, plus we missed 3 other clear chances before Kevin Miller went off.

Bodmin are the best team we've played this season so far, and we can take a lot of positives from the game as we competed with them and considering they had 4 of the best strikers in the league all playing together, you would expect them to make some chances.

Game played in a good spirit, only one silly tackle in the whole game and good luck to Bodmin in the next round." - Stuart Dudley.

YES, Dave, it is a game of opinions, but I think Mr Dudley is probably biased towards Wadebridge, and rightly so with the job he's in.

I was a neutral at the game and Bodmin won it with some ease. Yes, Wadebridge contributed to their own downfall with some shocking defending, but that's not Bodmin's fault.

Bodmin were 3-0 ahead before Wadebridge had a chance of any note - and Bodmin had several other chances to win by a wider margin. And an offside goal? There's no such thing. It was given, so it wasn't offside.

Only when Bodmin withdrew their captain, Darren Gilbert, and the game was at 4-0, did Wadebridge come into the game but again, it wasn't Bodmin's fault that Wadebridge's strikers missed easy chances.

Three penalty shouts? Well, Sir Alex Ferguson might have expected them to have been given at Old Trafford, but there wasn't a serious one among them.

Sorry Mr Dudley, but Wadebridge were well beaten. Four nil was about right.

Wadebridge is always a nice place to go and watch a match - and usually the locals are fair with their assessments of the games. If any of them really felt, in their heart of hearts, that Wadebridge were in the game for very long, I would be surprised.

That doesn't mean they didn't try. There was terrific effort from the home players on a sweltering day, they just weren't a match for Bodmin.

Sure I have a biased opinion towards my team, of course I would, but to say Bodmin won with some ease and to say we were well beaten just doesn't do us any justice.

It was 3-0 before we had a chance of any note, so what? If we hadn't made those mistakes we would have been at 0-0 and had we then scored our chances we could have won 4-0. Had they taken their other chances then maybe it would have been 4-4. It's not Bodmin' s fault? Who said it was, they took their chances we gave them and credit to them, I'm not saying they were not worthy winners.

It's also not Bodmin's fault we did not get any of the three penalties that other neutrals at the game mentioned we would have got on another day.

It's all ifs, buts and maybe's, but I'll listen to the opinions expressed to me by Bodmin players afterwards reflecting how much we contributed to the game and how hard we pushed them.

Opinions, opinions some are worth respecting, some are not, you're welcome to yours contradictory as it is Albert.

Best regards, look forward to another visit from you when we're playing at home again, or do you only visit when the Bodmin play us? :smiley20:

Sure I have a biased opinion towards my team, of course I would, but to say Bodmin won with some ease and to say we were well beaten just doesn't do us any justice.

It was 3-0 before we had a chance of any note, so what? If we hadn't made those mistakes we would have been at 0-0 and had we then scored our chances we could have won 4-0. Had they taken their other chances then maybe it would have been 4-4. It's not Bodmin' s fault? Who said it was, they took their chances we gave them and credit to them, I'm not saying they were not worthy winners.

It's also not Bodmin's fault we did not get any of the three penalties that other neutrals at the game mentioned we would have got on another day.

It's all ifs, buts and maybe's, but I'll listen to the opinions expressed to me by Bodmin players afterwards reflecting how much we contributed to the game and how hard we pushed them.

Opinions, opinions some are worth respecting, some are not, you're welcome to yours contradictory as it is Albert.

Best regards, look forward to another visit from you when we're playing at home again, or do you only visit when the Bodmin play us? :smiley20:

stuart you should know are uncle fanny,i mean albert bye know,always right divey. :yahoo: