Cornwall Football Forum

Who will win fal/hel div 1

Guest Spenny

Guest Spenny

Come on then boys.... time to put yourselves up to be shot down like the chacewater boys did last season.

My predictions are:

1.Chacewater

2.Mawnan

3.Falmouth Athletic

4.Helston

5.St Keverne

Does anyone know the last team to retain fal/hel 1 title?

Guest omerta

winners Div1 last 15years

93 troon 94 fal ath 95 duchy 96 duchy

97 wendron 98 duchy 99 penryn 00 hayle

01 mawnan 02 holmans 03 holmans 04 holmans

05 perranporth 06 st day 07 porthleven 08 chacewater

Guest postman pat

with some of the good young players that they had last season,plus one very big signing!!!! holmans will be hard to beat and maybe stay the distance this year :clapper:

Guest Clancy Von-Heffenburger

i fancy pendeens chances of being up there at div 1- they have acquired the services of ex ipswich town striker jason dozzell! apparently he lives in penzance now & put on a load of weight but still knows how to hit a ball!!

possibly chacewater speedy trained with them last night, good outfit but other clubs interested, i'm not signing for anyone yet and keeping my options open, hope to see you soon mate and maybe i will be your shadow again this year as several combo clubs have been on the phone.

look after yourself mate and thanks for the compliment i wonder if you will be still playing at my age

Guest whirlwind

Treasure park, you should hire yourself as your own agent !!! you dont half big yourself up !! you must be losing sleep, thinking what to do with all these clubs after you !!

daz your more than welcome to come to trispen bud might push the average age up a bit might apply for the vets league next season instead

Guest Spenny

wirlwind.... dazza can beef himself up as much as he likes but it dont change the fact that he would walk into EVERY junior side and most combo sides in the county. Although you could say im only saying that to get him to sign for chacewater!

Guest Clancy Von-Heffenburger

apparently Ruan Minor have signed on Romario & Earl Barrett- apparently they're running a squash club down St Minver these days!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Dont know very much about this league, but heres my prediction for top 3.

1. Truro City- fors-play the ball around really well-againsts-very young team and seem to lack a good finisher which could be a BIG problem, but im sur they wil be there or there abouts.

2.Chacewater-fors-play the ball around quite well(not quite as good as truro),very strong physical side-against-again seem to lack a decent finisher (judging by the game they played against us-maybe he was missing?)

3. erm..... a wild guess of Perranwell-fors-got a good 1st team and will be strengthened thru season-againsts?? dont know anything about them :D:D

good luck to all teams :drink:

Guest geachy1

maybe you should play for 1 of these junior team smithy and show

every how to play like superstars

you do know chacewater are the champions of div1 .

you dnt have much to say about them.

maybe you should play for 1 of these junior team smithy and show

every how to play like superstars

you do know chacewater are the champions of div1 .

you dnt have much to say about them.

Steady on old boy!

i am by no means a as you say superstar!!! wish i was £80-100k a week wud b nice tho!

i was just avin a lil prediction-like i stated-im not too hot on the fhl1 and we have played both truro and chacewater-and truro like i have already said knocked the ball around abit better. and yes i know chacewater won the league last year. but like i have already stated-i think u will be very close and maybe even retain it. the only thing chacewater seemd to lack wen they played us was a good striker-like i had already stated! and also stated maybe they have one but he wasnt available for watever reason!!

dont take things sooo much to heart my friend! after all it is only a prediction!!

lifes too short to be a hater!!

dont hate the player--hate the game :thumbsup:

Guest geachy1

do you think that junior football is poor smithy if like you say "your not to hot on fhfl div 1."

some people arnt as gifted as you.!

but wot do i know im just a keeper without a team.haha

do you think that junior football is poor smithy

no not at all-why u ask that?

i do think that junior football is catching up with senior footy tho mainly because alot of junior teams are giving the quality youngsters a chance that senior teams dont even tho they may have the quality to be in the side.

but i will say that the top 3 maybe 4 of the fhl1 and minin 1 are almost and probably on par (and occassionly better)with the bottom 3-4 of combo league.

Agree with me on this one geachy1??

who do you play for if u dont mind me asking? :D

i wouldnt know if top 3 fhfl is gud enough for combo iv never played combo not that gud mate.

i dnt play for no1 smithy no1 wants me :P .

thought u playd for chacewater the way u were defending them :D

did u watch illogan v chacewater or summit then?

im sure u'l find a team :thumbsup:

its only footy at the end of the day!! dont quit ur day jobs unless ur gunna b payd at least £20k a week!! hint hint truro boys!! :lol: only messin b4 i get aload of abuse!! :D

Guest geachy1

imnot defending chacewater .just defending junior football

if you dnt think much of the champoins then wot are rest of us like :D .

if falmouth athletic couldnt pip chacewater to the league chacewater must be gud

junior team.

imnot defending chacewater .just defending junior football

if you dnt think much of the champoins then wot are rest of us like :D .

if falmouth athletic couldnt pip chacewater to the league chacewater must be gud

junior team.

the most important thing is that you enjoy playin footy because that is the me time for every1-away from the missus kids, coursewrk etc and if u aint enjoyin it wats the point!! it dont matter wat league ur in so long as u enjoy it!! wat position do you play geach?

just one question which im sure will cause this post to be bombarded now-- :thumbsup:

why didnt chacewater go up?

-not got the facilities??

-ambition??

-depth??

-denied promotion..if so why??