Cornwall Football Forum

Nalders Sunday League AGM

Mr Norman Burnett was asked to step down as treasurer at 4.20pm on the day of the meeting, the reasons given were his health, although another treasurer had already been put in his place without even inquiring into whether Norman wanted to carry on the job or not. Norman was offered another post within the league but rejected this as he feels he is unable to work with the people who had pushed him out. These were the facts that Norman has just told me on the phone before he broke down in tears, he has given the Sunday league quite a few years, and has also been involved with many leagues and clubs. both Falmouth Ath and Falmouth Albion the post office team and Kernow Entertainers are just a few of the clubs that have prospered from the work that Norman has put in. Falmouth Ath are very proud that Norman is still their treasurer and is always there to help on anything he can at anytime. Normans life revolves around Football both men/ladies teams take his football away and his health will deteriate. Away from football Norman is also a very good friend and I hope someone else prospers from others mistakes!

Thankfully 15 of the 16 teams turned up ....BOOTERS were the only side not to be represented ........but with their past record of attention to detail no real surprise they were missing !!! Another needless fine on the way .

2 divs of 8 teams as forecast previously .......with Mullion and Storm admitted in the place of Calenick and Oxford .

Only 7 teams achieved sporting marks above the target agreed at last years AGM which was very dissappointing .

Crowntown highest marked in Div 1 and Star in Div 2 , framed certificates were presented to them .

Referees were thanked for their efforts during the season .

Nalders have confirmed sponsorship for another 2 years , which is fantastic .

Hopefully some extra Rep team games .....weather permitting later in the season.

Not much else of note to report ............except Dave James has stood down from office as well .

Thanks Zebedee!

I know its been very difficult to get the cooperation of some of the Sunday sides for the forthcoming season but its good to know we'll still have two divisions of eight!

Well Done to all representatives of the W.C Sunday League, and thanks to Norm for his efforts despite ill health :clapper:

I agree with Gorgie and would also like to record my thanks to Norman for the work he has put in over the years.

Always there to welcome the referee and teams with a handshake and to thank them afterwards in the same manner.We don't always agree on how the game has gone but he is still man enough to be there at the end of the game with a thank you.It is much appreciated.

Just a quick note to acknowledege Normans efforts within local football. Having met him 3 years ago I have found him a pleasure to deal with and as Soccer follower said, always there with a hand shake. Its people like Norman that keep local football clubs going, its just unfortunate that these people dont really get recognised for the hard work put in.

Well done Norman, you have been a credit to the league. :clapper::clapper::clapper: :clapper:

Thankfully 15 of the 16 teams turned up ....BOOTERS were the only side not to be represented ........but with their past record of attention to detail no real surprise they were missing !!! Another needless fine on the way .

Does that mean that Booters wont be in the league next season, zebedee, or are they just in receiving a fine?

Good news about those rep games, they would good last season but they suffered through lack of interest from the players at the top clubs. Hopefully that wont be the case for the forthcoming season! :c: