Cornwall Football Forum

Sorry cornish new boy it was only a joke, sorry u took it the wrong way. You boys had a very good season

with some great results including drawing with t m s 1st team over 90 mins in the jur cup, the new boys and the titans should take great credit for a job well done! :thumbsup:

Dave what was the whole story with ur 2nds this season they were so poor at the start then they beat everything in sight including us 12-2!!! Then they finished much the same as they started?! i did here they were bringing players down from plymouths youth team.

Sorry cornish new boy it was only a joke, sorry u took it the wrong way. You boys had a very good season

with some great results including drawing with t m s 1st team over 90 mins in the jur cup, the new boys and the titans should take great credit for a job well done! :thumbsup:

Ha ha i didnt mean it in a bitchy way was only havin a laugh myself tfc no 9. Think like you say we both had good seasons especially seein as half our team have never played before. :o:wacko: and yes tms no 9 ur achievements this season were outstanding, just hpoe 3 go up so titans get a spot in mining two deserved really after finishing top 3 first season!!!

Isnt it wierd all these number 9's talkin like this ha though or is it just me? :P

So tfc you finished on 28, tms you finished on 22 (with injury), and i finished on 20 (with 1 month ban). Not bad at all.

Any other higher goal scorers in our league were there? Will you be getting an award for golden boot this season, or is there only an awawrd for top gs in all 3 mining leagues tfc no 9?

Not sure cornish new boy aint heard if any1 from chase scored more than me.I have to say it would be great if we could go up-tho everyone at the titans would miss the games between our sides, can only wait till the end of the month now to see what happens at the AGM we've got our fingers crossed. Whats happening with Andy Williams now, i understand he wont be your manager next year but is he playing for you??? And who will take over at the helm??

Dave what was the whole story with ur 2nds this season they were so poor at the start then they beat everything in sight including us 12-2!!! Then they finished much the same as they started?! i did here they were bringing players down from plymouths youth team.

I will answer this and it is no disrespect to anyone else in Mining3 this season.

At the start of the season (pre-season) our 2nds were full of strong players, many of which had been playing Mining1 the year before. Unfortunately due to injuries and players quitting the 1st team, we had to deplete the 2nds quite severely. Once the injuries were clearing up the 2nds became stronger. I beleive with a full side all season they would have been promoted easily!

As for the Plymouth boys, they are not Plymouth youth players, they are the original storm boys who were there when the club was founded in 2001. Some were too young to play then and have now begun to play for the club. I would like to clear up that our Plymouth players are regulars, not ringers, and are part of the tradition of Storm FC. I have bloody 5 of them staying at my house tomorrow night for a team beer up! woo hoo! Oh yeah, at the end of the season the 1st team had to call up 4 or 5 second team players again, and players such as Mike Price had to have injuries operated on etc. This would likely explain the end of season slump, plus maybe they relaxed a little too much after some of the whoopings they handed out. No excuse for that though!

Anyway....... I think we will be attracting some talented players in the close season which in turn will strengthen both teams. This is why I think they will be a team to watch and anything less than promotion should be unnaceptable!

Ha ha i didnt mean it in a bitchy way was only havin a laugh myself tfc no 9. Think like you say we both had good seasons especially seein as half our team have never played before. :o:wacko: and yes tms no 9 ur achievements this season were outstanding, just hpoe 3 go up so titans get a spot in mining two deserved really after finishing top 3 first season!!!

Isnt it wierd all these number 9's talkin like this ha though or is it just me? :P

So tfc you finished on 28, tms you finished on 22 (with injury), and i finished on 20 (with 1 month ban). Not bad at all.

Any other higher goal scorers in our league were there? Will you be getting an award for golden boot this season, or is there only an awawrd for top gs in all 3 mining leagues tfc no 9?

Danny Wright (Cat) from you know who - 46 goals, during that winning streak had 24 in 6 games. Not bad?

I will answer this and it is no disrespect to anyone else in Mining3 this season.

At the start of the season (pre-season) our 2nds were full of strong players, many of which had been playing Mining1 the year before. Unfortunately due to injuries and players quitting the 1st team, we had to deplete the 2nds quite severely. Once the injuries were clearing up the 2nds became stronger. I beleive with a full side all season they would have been promoted easily!

As for the Plymouth boys, they are not Plymouth youth players, they are the original storm boys who were there when the club was founded in 2001. Some were too young to play then and have now begun to play for the club. I would like to clear up that our Plymouth players are regulars, not ringers, and are part of the tradition of Storm FC. I have bloody 5 of them staying at my house tomorrow night for a team beer up! woo hoo! Oh yeah, at the end of the season the 1st team had to call up 4 or 5 second team players again, and players such as Mike Price had to have injuries operated on etc. This would likely explain the end of season slump, plus maybe they relaxed a little too much after some of the whoopings they handed out. No excuse for that though!

Anyway....... I think we will be attracting some talented players in the close season which in turn will strengthen both teams. This is why I think they will be a team to watch and anything less than promotion should be unnaceptable!

Danny Wright (Cat) from you know who - 46 goals, during that winning streak had 24 in 6 games. Not bad?

That ur second team then he has scored those goals for coz thats impressive??!!!

Kinda puts my 20 in perspective, but i suppose its my first ever season playing football, got time (maybe not age) to improve.

As for our managers situation theres a few candidates for the job a certain ref i know wants to take over but doesnt know if he can afford it as he will have to obviously drop reffin on a saturday but is interested. Also there is a father of one of our players with a wealth of experience who is also interested so we will see, but as it should be no one will be appointed untill the agm where we can vote as a team. Good luck if you do go up this year, we will just have to wait till we get upo to play you again or maybe in the cup???

Guest postman pat

if you are talking about a certain mr gilbert cnb no9 he is a top bloke and certainly knows what he is talking about. he has a wealth of knowledge from playing swl with a number of clubs top class defender and a gentleman to match. :yahoo::c: :drink:

i dont think you would have got promoted easily at all as you finished the season about 20 points behind us and when you had your stronger side and came off that run we beat you and chacewater beat you twice and when we beat you we had a few players out :o

your striker that scored a silly amount of goals(well done to him) was s**t hot when we played him but because you advertised that fact so well are defensive had a game plan which we did very well only reducing him to 2 headed attempts all game :yahoo:

chacewaters top goals scorer didnt turn up week in week out but when he did he scored alot of goals not to sure how many he did score but hes called jenksy

as for strenghthen sides we have several players coming so could be an exiting year for all 4 clubs we are chatting about

good luck for next season all :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

if you are talking about a certain mr gilbert cnb no9 he is a top bloke and certainly knows what he is talking about. he has a wealth of knowledge from playing swl with a number of clubs top class defender and a gentleman to match. :yahoo::c::drink:

Yes he is one of the candidates we would like to see take over and yes he is as you say a top bloke dont know him that well but is nice all the same.! :c:

Dave if they are gonna be that good next year then should you not be tryin to get ur 2nds into falmouth 3 so that they can try to go up to fh1, if they did go up next year wat next?? nothing they would have to stay there as u boys are in mining 1?? Im sure batty will be tryin to get ur 1st team into combo but he aint the exactly the blue eyed boy as far as the cornish f a r concerned! what do you think? I would think the same for tms too what are the long term goals for your club?? liam and luffy maybe you could shed some light on this!?

tms are hoping to build new changing facilittes and are pitch can be a good at times so hopefully we can go combo within a few years plus this season there are alot of new players coming in to boost are chances of winning both mining leagues :clapper: but your right all of are second team want to fal/hel but apparently its only the first team that can switch and they wont do it so....looks like we are stuck here till the club progresses :angry2:

Dave if they are gonna be that good next year then should you not be tryin to get ur 2nds into falmouth 3 so that they can try to go up to fh1, if they did go up next year wat next?? nothing they would have to stay there as u boys are in mining 1?? I would think the same for tms too what are the long term goals for your club??

I would'nt think any clubs will move across to Falmouth/Helston league or vice versa, as within 3 or 4 seasons the leagues will come together anyway. I would think its more beneficial to strengthen your positions within your current League in readiness for the amalgamation!!

Guest postman pat

hear hear georgie the higher up the leagues you are before the amalgamation the better the league to start in. but if you have 2+ teams in the league you could still have the same problem when the leagues join together.like hayle in the fal/hel.league when they had 3 teams in they could not go up or down unless the 4th team finished bottom of div.3 :blink:

if tms 1st team were to go to fal/hel.3 they may not get up to div1 before the joining of the leagues.

how did clubs like holmans manage.when i played for them back in the dark ages we were always a mining league side.

hear hear georgie the higher up the leagues you are before the amalgamation the better the league to start in. but if you have 2+ teams in the league you could still have the same problem when the leagues join together.like hayle in the fal/hel.league when they had 3 teams in they could not go up or down unless the 4th team finished bottom of div.3 :blink:

Good point forgot about that. :c:

Dave if they are gonna be that good next year then should you not be tryin to get ur 2nds into falmouth 3 so that they can try to go up to fh1, if they did go up next year wat next?? nothing they would have to stay there as u boys are in mining 1?? Im sure batty will be tryin to get ur 1st team into combo but he aint the exactly the blue eyed boy as far as the cornish f a r concerned! what do you think? I would think the same for tms too what are the long term goals for your club?? liam and luffy maybe you could shed some light on this!?

Well in that case we have got two years to get our assess up into the combo league. The way we finished the season tells me that we are good enough to play in that league. Plenty of people said that to us after we played Illogan in the final.

Guest Luffy

As Liam has said getting the facilities is the main aim. In regards to changing leagues as it has been pointed out there is no point with both leagues becoming one (I should just about see this before I get a birhday card from Buckingham Palace), at the end of the day the aim is to take the club as far as possible up the pyramid system within Cornwall, and provide a decent level of football for the village but one that is enjoyable to the players. Once the facilities are improved and an additional pitch can be added then once again TMS can look towards building their youth teams.

The only uncertainty that lays ahead for not only TMS but all Junior clubs is that when the leagues come together how robust will it be to accomodate Reserve teams, 3rds or even 4ths. At present clubs have split their teams between the two divisions, I think the league will have to either limit the amount of teams the clubs can enter to two or have another league for Reserves, 3rds and 4th which I can not see happening.

I am glad the two leagues are taking their time in sorting out the amalgamation but I still think it maybe a bit of a nightmare to begin with. I hope that the the leagues speak to the Duchy League because they seem to have the right formulae.

All the best to all clubs for the forth coming season :thumbsup: :thumbsup: