Cornwall Football Forum

Threemilestone crowned Mining Three Champions...

Guest Jezza

champions.jpg

Earlier today, during our end of season 1st v 2nd's Match, Chris Coombes presented Threemilestone Reserves with the Mining League Division Three Champions Trophy.

:yahoo: Congratulations to the players and to Manager Richard Luff. :yahoo:

Jezza

Guest Luffy

Well done to all the lads for a very successful season. I can not take all the credit for the season as I took over with only 11 matches left. A big thank you has to go to Graeme Weir and Jason Pearce for keeping the side going before I arrived.

Of course as the current manager I will take the credit for getting them over the line.

Tonights presentation evening should be good night, as the club as a whole has had an excellant season.

quality pure class i would say most teams we have played this season would agree us and chacewater both deserve everything we have got :clapper:

like luffy i personally would like to thank grey weir and jason pearce 2 teenagers like myself who took over the team for several months when we had no gaffa and took us to the top of the league :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

jason and graeme weir are the 2 players holding the trophy

Guest postman pat

not very nice dnt fear the reaper :SM_carton: . typical comment from someone not involved in a very good league.having played and been involved in football for a long time i have been surprised at the standard of football from mining 3 this year. must agree with previous postings the 2 best teams were at the top and rightly deserve promotion but i think they will agree lots of other teams played some good football and did not just play kick and rush.

both tms and chace will do mining 3 proud next season in mining 2 :thumbsup::drink:

welldone to both teams from all at TITANS FC. :clapper: :c:

Guest Jezza

is that your team tms

just shows how week mining 3 must be.

but anyway well done tms

Yeah, very good Reaper....

Alan Hansen once famously said 'You'll never win anything with Kids'.......

:clapper:

Guest bundithegreat

surely that cant be your team photo, as when we played you last game of season i can only recognise about 3 of the players in that photo, but hey you dont win anything with kids but you do with a first team that let you use there players regulary, unlike portreath where the reserves get a different team every week.

on a lighter note, well done guys and good luck in mining 2 next year

bundithegreat wot are you on about!!!!!

ALL 13 in the picture played for us for 75% of the season.

Can you please shut up if you'rr just gonna try stir things

Would say good try but it wasn't even that!

Sorry and thanks Nigel by the way, I think in all we deserved it but I didn't want to win it that way. But we didm so haha i suppose lolQ

Reaper you obviously didn't see any games this year. If you can claim you know a single player in that photo I will apologise but if you're judging the team on the age then it shows that you really don't know much about football at all.

I admit I didn't like you're post but who are you to judge teams for how they look.

Which team do you play for then?

Guest bundithegreat

come on the last game of season, i am sure you had a first teamer in centre midfield who went off injured, your left winger was a first team player, ten legs was playing and a bald well tanned right back was a first team player, and none of them are in your photo, why is this???

Guest Luffy

come on the last game of season, i am sure you had a first teamer in centre midfield who went off injured, your left winger was a first team player, ten legs was playing and a bald well tanned right back was a first team player, and none of them are in your photo, why is this???

Regarding the last day of the season game, due to a few abscentees we had to swap one of two positions, but I can tell you now that during my short time in charge the players in the picture are the majority of the boys used. The second team have some quality but young players who are playing to gain experience, and I have been extremely pleased to say that they are chapping at the bit to play in division two next season.

Remember that we have two sides but they all play for one club. At times during the season due to injuries or absentees players have to be moved between the various squads so sides can be fielded, this happens in the majority of clubs throughout cornwall.

The team that won the title has an average age of about 19, well done to the lads and training starts again on 1st July 08 7pm up at Polstain Road, New and Old players welcomed.

reaper if you think im good and peters isnt you need to watch more football mate :clapper::clapper:

thanks for the compliment tho :clapper: :clapper:

Guest Jezza

Bundi, if you payed less attention to the opposition and more attention to your own team mates your old man might not have subbed you.......... :P

but your right our last game was swapped around because of injury and other committments and we wasn't about to lose that one and let the league slip from our grasp. Check out my photos posted from that game and you can match up the players if you like.

The additional players you refer to are Anthony Caddy who went of injured, (he has played as many if not more games in the reserves this season than for the 1st's and wasn't in the photo as he was playing for the 1st's on the day to balance the sides) other players drafted in for your game were, Ryan Stephens down the left, Terry Spargo at the back (not sure he'd appreciate balding though!) and it was five legs not ten legs up front.

here's both teams as a squad shot from the day......Tom Davis (Goalkeeper) is missing from the photo and should get a mention as in my opinion he has matured immensly as a player and put in some excellent performances this season. As Luffy said with an average age of 19 if we can keep these guys together for the seasons to come they should do very well.

squad20078.jpg

ps presume you are staying at Portreath next season, do you know what is happening with your reserves? will they be playing in Division One as it's the Club not the team that are promoted or as it was a promotion to Combo rather than pulling out the league does that rule not apply?

WELL DONE to all at TMS, good group of lads who deserved success. Good luck to you all next season. :c:

bundithegreat and others moaning about "this 1st teamer" or "that 1st teamer" playing, I think you'll find that TMS are a CLUB. Therefore ALL PLAYERS represent the CLUB, not just one team.

Perhaps it is annoying that teams sometimes select players from the team in the higher league and it may even somewhat diminish any success/accomplishments due to it not truly being the reserve team that has won BUT they are still doing NOTHING wrong.

Chacewater FC,who had the most to lose with Threemilestone bringng in some first team players to supplement their reserve team towards the end of the season,have no complaints whatsoever.Threemilestone wanted to ensure that they won the league title and juggled their teams to win their final matches and gain maximum points.

All was above board and in accordance with the league rules.

Fair play to TMS and well done. I think most people would agree that as they have come up through the leagues TMS have been a very honest club. Most paople complain about thier facilities but that is all, and maybe the odd comment from an individual. On the whole nobody really complains about them and that is credit to the club and how it is run.

Personally I can understand the frustrations of teams playing against 1st team players but that is how a club works and you have to deal with that. We have worked the opposite way this season, taking players out of our 2nds and perhaps leaving them weaker when we shouldn't have. But hey it is what is!

Well done to Chacewater too I think the last comment from your club was very impressive!

Guest dnt fear the reaper

if i ever get to play for tms 2nds i dnt wot be more of a pleasure

lining up next jasa

or

lining up to jasa knowing iv just filled his boots with piss

Guest Tezza11

It was a game TMS deserved to win anyway BUNDI !! I believe that Brett is a first team player, so is Kevin Endeen so that is at least two from Portreath in a game that made no difference to you at all. Anyway when you are walking around Truro sticking tickets on peoples cars I suggest you whip into Specsavers and get those eyes tested mate....... You know where it is as Its right next to OGGY OGGY pasty shop........ I have a full head of hair and I can still see my own feet cheers............ :smiley20:

anyway apart from the one person who seems to have a personal problem with me, Thanks for the congratulations. Although I only played half a season I believe I played the majority of the sides and I think the bar has definitely been raised this season and I hope to find Mining 2 as competitive throughout as last season. I very much enjoyed myself.

Oh and by the way reaper, I'd be honoured to play alongside you. You seem to be able to carry the side and it seems that my arrogant self and you who is not being the slightest bit arrogant yourself could form a good partnership. Maybe our partnership could be that good we could together, be the team jokers and piss in everyone's boots together. Up for it?

What you reckon No9? Would you want both of us behind you in centre mid next season?

Guest bundithegreat

oggy pasties mmmmmmmm

i do apoligise if i upset people with my post i guess i am just pissed off with our performances this season, its hard playing a season in the shadow of a first team that has won everything, brett is a first team player but kevin endean isnt but im sure you have made him smile saying he is!!!!

well done to the reserves though you do have a very good team and very young, keep hold of them and im sure you will have some great seasons done the years and be more successful than the first team!!!!!

as far as i know all people are staying but i also understand a few players will be moving up into the first team meaning they would have to drop down a division. Would also think Luffy would bring a few players from his old clubs to strengthen the squad but it should be a good side all in all.