Cornwall Football Forum

which teams are staying

Yeah i think its beacuse the pub isn't doing too well at it costs quite a bit to play at Clijah over the season.

We are now sponsored by the Red Lion pub in Redruth, they put food on for us after the Tremouth game on Sunday. Got new owners there and are hosting our end of season do.

As manager of Oxford (or AFC Redruth), just got few things to sort before confirming place for next season. If i were a betting man (which I am....ha ha ha) would prob say no. costs a hell of lot to enter league with not enough games to raise money. referee fees are extortionate now. especially when have to pay £10-£15 travel expenses on top of £16 match fee. why oh why do we get referees from penzance when there are very good referees in redruth area still in bed?????? :SM_carton:

Just to answer the first post ..........

we only have 6 teams in League next season from our existing 15 clubs who played this season .........

.due of course to the fact that club secretaries CANNOT be bothered to follow Rule 14a !!!!!!!!!

Clubs must indicate in writing to the League Secretary their intention to remain in the League BY 15TH MAY .

CROWNTOWN

STAR

M/PAD UNITED

THREEMILESTONE

TRURO GWRSA

FALMOUTH ALBION

are the only clubs to comply .

Season finished before xmas then ??????????????

Why an extension? The Rule Book's really clear.

I'm delighted we won't have to have another game like the last one against the bloody students. We got thrashed and I ended up in casualty.

Wonder if any of their players will want a game on Sundays and will sign for Crowntown? (Oh no! against the rules when we're in Div 2)

Three clubs in each division sounds brilliant. Maybe we can get a couple of new clubs so that everyone can play each week. 3 home, 3 away against each club. (We did that against Albion this season - nearly!)

Cups - just a semi and then a final.

League cup - quarter, semi and final.

Referees? Plenty. And all those clubs treat them well so reffs'll soon be paying clubs to referee their games

:thumbsup:Sorted:clapper: :thumbsup:

Guest Jezza

Three clubs in each division sounds brilliant. Maybe we can get a couple of new clubs so that everyone can play each week. 3 home, 3 away against each club. (We did that against Albion this season - nearly!)

I think you'll find that if there are four clubs in each division, a top three finish is by no means certain.

You're not related to Roberts are you?

Now I'm not related to Roberts or Deano, but I'd have to admit to being a little bit confused here Bill. Might have been worth having a quick scan before they let you out from A&E......

Is it 3 clubs in each division or four and if it's four who are the other two new clubs joining the league that are as yet unmentioned on this thread?

Lets all play in one league, and we'll give everyone a two goal head start. (except for cup finals where we need all the help we can get going by this years efforts!) :thumbsup:

I was, of course, banking on the scenario that two new clubs would join. 3 in a division is not sensible as one club would miss a game every three weeks.

Sorry if I've upset anyone by comparing their intellect with Roberts (One of his ex-teachers, a Roger Duncan, is signing for me next season, so I know exactly what he's capable of! - remember he is very good at arm wrestling - he says)

Mr Roberts, please don't take offence - just a bit of friendly banter! (Please remember that I've had 20 odd years dealing with stroppy big boys, so you won't get an easy ride if you try to take the p!)

My fitness - I've updated on an earlier thread. Surfed already this morning so I'll be fine by September.

Why an extension? The Rule Book's really clear.

Im sure the rule-book is crystal clear and i agree, its a poor show that only six clubs have submitted their applications within the stated date. :SM_carton:

But surely a extended date will have to be announced because it will be a complete wash-out if only six clubs are playing in the whole of the Sunday league next year. To be fair, i think some teams would like to re-admit for next season but are unsure of their financial situation on the stated date.

Other problems might include, whether a team can get enough players for next season or whether they can get suitable sponsorship or a decent pitch and sometimes organising these things takes time. Of course there might be a few clubs who's people havent read the rules properly but id bet most teams want to make sure they can afford to enter (refs fees, pitch hire, kits, etc all add up to a lot of cash).

I no its a pain in the ass for the people running the league and sorting out fixtures, etc, but an extension for league admitance would surely be best for the league itself? :c:

WHY ???????????

All they have to do is pop a letter in the post stating their intentions.................of course it may only be a provisional notice and are free to add anything which might lead to them pulling out before the AGM .........no problem with that at all .

But to simply ignore the Rulebook .....which every club signs an agreement to abide by each season ..........is totally inexcusable .

This apathy continues year after year ..........so it is about time ALL leagues got tough.

Soon sort out the clubs that need to be run better !!!!!!!!

I agree with what your saying zebedee but i think theres more to it, in most cases, than simply ignoring the rulebook and not obeying the rules and dates. I know of a lot of people who would be interested in entering a team in the Sunday league but simply cannot afford it.

The disadvantage that the Sunday league has is that (due to earlier kick-offs and players going on the lash on the saturday before) most teams cant always guarantee enough sub-paying players will turn up to balance the books.

Im not sure toughening up on teams will help the issue but instead hinder it. People running teams who are trying hard to find the players and the finances to get them through another season might not bother if things are made even more difficult for them.

I no it seems easy to follow a simple date, and your right, more clubs should have been respectful enough to give the league some kind of letter of application, or at least to inform the league of their situation. Trouble is, i think many clubs are unsure of their situation at this moment in time and maybe, if given a little more time to organise themselves, they may soon sort any problems out and send in their league application, leaving the Sunday league with more teams and stronger divisions, giving us all plenty to talk about next season! :c:

Guest Roberts

sorry bout billy getting a bit confused, he was watching countdown at the same time as watching this!!!! got a bit diistracted!!!

and he nearly got a 5 letter word!!!

VOWEL PLEASE CAROL!!!!!

sorry bout billy getting a bit confused, he was watching countdown at the same time as watching this!!!! got a bit diistracted!!!

and he nearly got a 5 letter word!!!

VOWEL PLEASE CAROL!!!!!

Well done Roberts! Vast improvement in syntax, punctuation and spelling. Only 5 grammar and 2 spelling mistakes. Keep improving at this rate and you'll make level 4 by Christmas. Make sure that your reading doesn't suffer due to all the work you're putting in on the writing.

i Know for a fact that gloweth will be staying in the league, however over the last 3 weeks our manager has stepped down and we have been putting in most of our time trying to find a new manager... we have now found one and will be registering the team ASAP ...unfortunately matters out of our hands meant that our club "is poorly run" etc...