Cornwall Football Forum

saltash 2 falmouth 1

Guest john

Guest john

massive brawel. two players sent off for saltash. Nute sent off falmouth. Davey Simpson scorer for saltash, bowker for falmouth.

Guest Postie Pidge

Saltash won 2-1 with Marc Thorne scoring the winner, an unmarked header from a corner after 51 minutes.

Why Saltash players felt the need to get involved after Brinton's tackle I'll never know. Nathan Murphy summed it up "It's only a game!"

Guest Postie Pidge

The tackle I though was definitely worthy of a booking but didn't think a sending off but it was a case of players running from far and wide just to get involved

First of all the dangerous tackle by Brinton Nute on Dave Smith was an absolute shocker and deserved a red card because it was a potential leg breaker.

I am not sure how Brinton Nute ended up inside the boundary rope but Gavin Coulton and Daley Simpson and I think Carl Pender were immediately set upon by Lee Langmead, Fergus Nevin and Matt Godfree. Saltash Mark Chapman came in to get in between the three Falmouth players as did Danny Lewis and Tony Bouch moments later as Langmead seemed determined to go about his business.

Langmead continued his attack and floored I think Carl Pender. Langmead was immediately surrounded by five angry Saltash players by then the Falmouth goalkeeper had raced 50 yards to get involved. It tried to kick off again with Nevin continuing to want some afters.

These types of incidents are very difficult to resolve especially when the referee stood behind his own linesman when it kicked off. What surprised me was how Langmead wasn’t red carded because he walked up to the referee seemingly waiting his turn to receive a red card.

The players who should have been red carded was Nute and Langmead for Falmouth and possibly Pender if he was the person who pushed Nute out of the way after Nute tried to cut Smith in half. Why Coulton was red carded I’m not sure as he was hardly involved..

All I can say is when Dave Leonard takes over and yes he was there then Falmouth’s discipline will be sorted out very quickly.

Guest Postie Pidge

All I can say is when Dave Leonard takes over and yes he was there then Falmouth’s discipline will be sorted out very quickly.

Do you know something I don't? To my knowledge no-one from the club has approached Dave Leonard.

Guest kern_dogg

Can anyone please put the photos from this weeks Falmouth Packet of this game on this thread? Or perhaps add a link if they are anywhere online. Thanks!

Guest Postie Pidge

Who's your informant Dean? Nobody from the club has approached or spoken to anyone regarding managing the club next season - except from Steve Massey when he was saying hello to DL in the photo set up.