Cornwall Football Forum

As Penzance have finished their home matches I can post this thread. I've done a head-count at each Pz match I have seen this season and kept a list. It has to be a head-count as at lot of places the old wooden box comes around so there is no way of getting official club figures. These head-counts are taken just after half-time and only include adults and teenagers. I don't include youngsters who are usually off to one side kicking a ball or mucking about.

Would you like a page on the website next season that shows rough crowd details. If you do, for this I will need people to post a rough figure when they post their scores. Not silly figures just a rough number. This will give the rest of us an idea of who watches what, plus could help you gain advertisers/sponsors for the following season.

Penzance's home figures for this season were

Ludgvan 112

St Ives 98

Truro 98

Porthleven 86

Penryn 68

Falmouth 66

Illogan 58

St Just 54

St Agnes 51

Holman 45

Newquay 43

Perranporth 42

St Day 40

Wendron 38

Culdrose37

Hayle 37

Mullion 33

Perranwell 31

Helston 29

Perranporth League Cup 53

Home league average 56

So are you up for it and will post me crowd numbers next season?

Guest Dermot

I will get the ball rolling CTB,I know its not quite what you are after.

I Reffed Wendron 5ths V Newlyn NA yesterday on the top pitch through the fields in the wind and the hailstorms :( and apart from 3 Subs,1 Manager and 1 Assistant we had a grand total of 1 hardy soul watching the game,bless him. ;0) :clapper:

When Pz played over there it was blowing a right gale. There were 15 spectators watching the game of which 4 were from Pz and 4 were players girlfriends who watched from inside the new clubhouse.

There were more people watching the game on the other pitch as the away team playing brought quite a few parents/girlfriends/supporters with them.

Guest jumpersforgoalposts

sorry mate but ive watched a few games at the start of the season and do you blame people for not coming to matches?...when they can stay in and watch Geoff Stelling put in a blinding performance on Soccer Saturday!?