Cornwall Football Forum

Horror show from Buckland last night.

Last night I went to the Elburton Villa v Bucks game. Granted it was only the Devon County Cup, but Buckland were atrocious. The game itself unfortunately never even rose to that high a level!! I saw a poor game watching Saltash Women on Sunday, but this was easily the worst game I've seen this season. A goal ten minutes from time secured the win for Villa. following s mix up close in. IIRC Buckland had zero efforts on target. Indeed, I'm struggling to think of any off-target opportunities either! As someone who used to watch Buckland regularly, I want them to do well and I rate Dan Hart as a Manager/ Coach, but is this yet another season fading away without a  Buckland bid for promotion?  I hope not! I can't see Buckland catching any of teams currently above them unless Clevedon continue to slide. Moreover the likes of Barum and Brixham may well rise higher yet, especially the former.

I'm not overly bothered about the St Lukes Bowl. It is, after all, a competition that no-one really wants to enter and it should be put out to grass, but it is hardly good preparation for another tough fixture v Bridgwater at home on Saturday.

Many people’s predictions to win the league or I think most expected them to at least be challenging for the title.

Out of the FA Cup and Vase relatively early and currently struggling to make the play offs. 

Dan Hart got to be worrying a little bit surely? Unless I’m missing something obvious it really doesn’t seem to have been a good season for Buckland.

Some big signings made in the summer made by a bright young manager, many people (including myself) thought that this finally going to the year that it all fell into place for Buckland. Could still be of course, very much in the play off picture, and a lot of football to play in a league that keeps offering up plot twists.

4 hours ago, Both SIdes of the Tamar said:

Last night I went to the Elburton Villa v Bucks game. Granted it was only the Devon County Cup, but Buckland were atrocious. The game itself unfortunately never even rose to that high a level!! I saw a poor game watching Saltash Women on Sunday, but this was easily the worst game I've seen this season. A goal ten minutes from time secured the win for Villa. following s mix up close in. IIRC Buckland had zero efforts on target. Indeed, I'm struggling to think of any off-target opportunities either! As someone who used to watch Buckland regularly, I want them to do well and I rate Dan Hart as a Manager/ Coach, but is this yet another season fading away without a  Buckland bid for promotion?  I hope not! I can't see Buckland catching any of teams currently above them unless Clevedon continue to slide. Moreover the likes of Barum and Brixham may well rise higher yet, especially the former.

I'm not overly bothered about the St Lukes Bowl. It is, after all, a competition that no-one really wants to enter and it should be put out to grass, but it is hardly good preparation for another tough fixture v Bridgwater at home on Saturday.

Went to the Somerset cup game last night between Taunton and Bridgwater and in front of a good crowd of nearly 600 Bridgwater never looked like a team 3 steps below Taunton and were always in the game, they took the lead in the first half and deserved to go in at half time 1-0 up.of course Taunton we’re going to and did play better in the second half and although not creating gilt edge chances they finally equalised 15 mins from time to make the final score 1-1 so it was on to the lottery of penalties with Taunton winning 5-4.I wasn’t impressed with Taunton and Truro have nothing to fear playing them in a few weeks.

14 hours ago, Both SIdes of the Tamar said:

I happen to agree, a Club that has most things in place for promotion. I had thought the same of Dan prior to this season at Buckland, he seems too stubborn to play his way instead of to the strengths of his own players. They have 2 top strikers who don't receive the ball enough in the penatly area and some teams have figured that out. Of course there are the games where it clicks (Bridgwater away) but February now looks a very tough month and you could still see Brixham, Shepton, St Blazey and Torpoint all jump them.