Cornwall Football Forum

Bodmin v Newton Abbot Spurs

Guest Uncle Albert

Guest Uncle Albert

Bodmin Town 4 Newton Abbot Spurs 0.

Goals: Danny O'Hagan 12 mins; Steve Ovens 44 & 71; Huw Morgan 82.

Paul Baker missed penalty, 34 minutes.

Newton Abbot Spurs striker Tom Sercombe sent off 76 mins for second bookable offence.

Bodmin team: Miller, Morgan, Teagle, Flynn, Simmonds, Turner, Gilbert, Campbell, O'Hagan, Baker, Ovens. Subs used: Morrison-Hill (for Baker, ht). Matt Cusack (for Turner, 75). Subs not used: Manley, Bance, Hodge.

Bodmin back on top of the table with an easy three points against Spurs. Early on, the visitors showed signs of being capable of scoring, but Bodmin went on to dominate the game, and should have scored three or four more goals in a one-sided second half.

This was Bodmin's 10th successive league win and their 19th unbeaten in the league.

Referee was Chris Stevens, who abandoned the Goonhavern v St Austell game on Saturday. Best not to say too much about his performance tonight. Let's just say the contrast betwen Paul Corcoran's refereeing on Saturday at Priory Park, and Mr Stevens' attempt to control this game, was stark.

Guest Uncle Albert

What do you mean 'keep bashing refs.' ?? I praised the ref I saw on Saturday and have never openly criticised a referee in my previous posts.

It's just that tonight Mr Stevens did his fellow referees no favours.

Amidst the last-minute transfers into Bodmin Town was Adam Billing from Dobwalls.

I notice he wasn't mentioned in the above squad. So why, at this time of the season, should a player join a club, surely pretty much knowing he's not going to get many games and who presumably won't get enough games in to get a trophy?

Sorry, but unless he wasn't of late playing for Dobwalls, really can't see the point! :wacko:

Amidst the last-minute transfers into Bodmin Town was Adam Billing from Dobwalls.

I notice he wasn't mentioned in the above squad. So why, at this time of the season, should a player join a club, surely pretty much knowing he's not going to get many games and who presumably won't get enough games in to get a trophy?

Sorry, but unless he wasn't of late playing for Dobwalls, really can't see the point! :wacko:

totalaly agree with you dave,should be a pont were you cant change teams :smiley20: