Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay vs St Austell

After queuing to get into Mt Wise to watch Newquay take on St Austell , didnt have time to even get settled than my favourite player Adam Carter had put St Austell 1-0 up and im thinking this is going to be a hammering Newquay where not really in the game at all but they where missing 2 of the best players in Cam Turner and Matt Saunders Adam Carter was causing plenty of problems for Newquay and got his 2nd before half time to go in at 2-0 up but could of been more .

St Austell where dominating the game in every position Slateford and Brocks controlled the midfield Carter and Eddy where all over Newquay in attack and at the back Tom Whipp and Harvey Hann where dominating in defence and Martin Duff in his new position at left back where he was outstanding .

Newquay lost there influentual captain Ross Fallens when he got injured doing 1 of his own tackles and once he had gone off St Austell just took over and dominated the game . Newquay had a free kick just outside the penalty area Cam Turner territory but with him not there to take it it went high and wide .

With time running out Adam Carter still had time to claim his hat trick and not long after he was substituted he didnt look happy about that 

St Austell worthy 3-0 winners but if Saunders and Turner had played i think there would of been a closer game .

Usually If you got a hat trick you get Mom but nope im giving it to St Austell captain Neil Slateford his little legs covered every blade of grass and was outstanding as where a lot of his team mates and for Newquay my mom goes to Josh Evans thought the ref had a good game and played the advantage when he could .

Good crowd up  there i would say about 400 but someone will put me right like they usually do .

Well done to StAustell and good luck for the rest of the season but cant see anyone stopping the Liskeard Steamroller as for Newquay things will be fine once Turner and Saunders are back in the team 

3 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

After queuing to get into Mt Wise to watch Newquay take on St Austell , didnt have time to even get settled than my favourite player Adam Carter had put St Austell 1-0 up and im thinking this is going to be a hammering Newquay where not really in the game at all but they where missing 2 of the best players in Cam Turner and Matt Saunders Adam Carter was causing plenty of problems for Newquay and got his 2nd before half time to go in at 2-0 up but could of been more .

St Austell where dominating the game in every position Slateford and Brocks controlled the midfield Carter and Eddy where all over Newquay in attack and at the back Tom Whipp and Harvey Hann where dominating in defence and Martin Duff in his new position at left back where he was outstanding .

Newquay lost there influentual captain Ross Fallens when he got injured doing 1 of his own tackles and once he had gone off St Austell just took over and dominated the game . Newquay had a free kick just outside the penalty area Cam Turner territory but with him not there to take it it went high and wide .

With time running out Adam Carter still had time to claim his hat trick and not long after he was substituted he didnt look happy about that 

St Austell worthy 3-0 winners but if Saunders and Turner had played i think there would of been a closer game .

Usually If you got a hat trick you get Mom but nope im giving it to St Austell captain Neil Slateford his little legs covered every blade of grass and was outstanding as where a lot of his team mates and for Newquay my mom goes to Josh Evans thought the ref had a good game and played the advantage when he could .

Good crowd up  there i would say about 400 but someone will put me right like they usually do .

Well done to StAustell and good luck for the rest of the season but cant see anyone stopping the Liskeard Steamroller as for Newquay things will be fine once Turner and Saunders are back in the team 

DSCN5293.JPG