Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay Reserves 4 - Kilkhampton 1

Watched Newquay Reserves this afternoon tale of 2 halves really Newquay couldnt cope with the 2 Kilkhampton forwards in the 1st half and went 1 nil down when my neighbour James Peter Newquay goalie was beaten at his near post ,but he had a fine game from then onwards . 

2nd half you would of thought you was looking at a different team they where brilliant a few tweeks by the management and a couple of subs this Newquay side played really well and Johnny Coleman scored 2 goals 1 a walk in goal and the other a blockbuster but the goal o the match was a brilliant free  kick which gave the Kilkhampton goalie a hope in hell saving it . 

Last year when they where called Newquay Academy they where so poor and would get hammered every week but this side is really good and there 5 or 6of these players who wouldnt look out of place in the 1st team . 

Well done Newquay Reserves and well done Kilkhampton you was very good in the 1st half .

I would say about 30 people there this afternoon but not sure for certain but didnt look many from where i was