Cornwall Football Forum

Cornish Football Forum's Marathon Man

Guest Postie Pidge

Guest Man on the Post

40 miles a week, fantastic. So by the end of the year I can expect you to be over 1500 miles away. :yahoo: clapper: All the best. :thumbsup:

Guest postman pat

good luck st. darren enjoy the experience.the atmosphere will be amazing.hope the weather is good for you. :c: what is your number, and what colour vest are you wearing so i can keep an eye out for you on the telly. :thumbsup: post your result on here next week so we all know how well you have done :D

My race number is 41607.

Will be wearing red with "supporting Paget's Disease" on the back of it. "Darren" on the front of it

Can't wait for it now, this time next week and it will all be over and done with and I'll be looknig forward to having a few beers without feeling any guilt!

Yeah I took St Darren, Wellsy and Jonah to the airport this morning

After all the hard work poor old Wellsy has come down with a heavy cold and is not feeling the best!! I am sure he will be fine though

Good luck to all three

he always did need to man up a lilttle bit :thumbsup: :clapper:

Yeah I took St Darren, Wellsy and Jonah to the airport this morning

After all the hard work poor old Wellsy has come down with a heavy cold and is not feeling the best!! I am sure he will be fine though

Good luck to all three

he always did need to man up a lilttle bit :thumbsup::clapper:

my son in law,howard davey,just finised the marathon in 3hrs 21 mins,not bad for a 39yr old with a bad back :clapper::clapper::drink: :c:

im not trying to steal the thunder or anything but can i just say congratulations to all involved in the tms fun run yesterday raising an estamated £3000 for a young threemilestone girl who has been suffering with cancer and the other half towards threemilestone football club to help the building of the new changing rooms and other falcilities :clapper:

sullivan gardener(sully) won the event but it wasnt so much about winning just the taking part thanks again to all 90 people taking part even though most people were still hammered from the night before :smiley20: :clapper:

Cheers for all the messages!

I'm aching! yep, times are correct, and I'll also add that Shaun Tozer (Helston Ass. Man) did 2 hours 48 mins!!!

Up to 20 miles it was all going fine, the next 4 miles were the hardest thing I've ever encountered in my life, my legs wouldn't move and were barely going in front of each other, I walked for about a combined total of 2 minutes probably, and then ran the last 2 miles after gaining some energy from sweets and flapjack!!

A fantastic time though and an experience I could recommend to anyone!

And yes, it certainly is harder than it looks

Guest Peppermint

Well done St Darren and hopefully you raised a good sum of money for your charity. That is a very good time for your first attempt at a marathon.

Guest postman pat

welldone st darren.

was the atmoshpere as good as you thought it would be or did it just blow you away.the crowd make you feel so important that you have to keep going for their sake or you feel you have let them down.one of the best experiences i have ever had in my life.

1.are you maneging to get up and down the stairs ok or is it a struggle?

2.have you taken your medal off yet?

3.have you stopped grinning yet?

4.whens the next one? :D

welldone again mate wellcome to the london club :drink: :thumbsup:

Was an amazing experience and one I'll never forget, I didn't stop smiling for the first 20 miles! and then bang!! some bugger built a big wall!! took me about 70 minutes to run the last 6 miles.

Slapping hands with kids standing on the side of the road, hearing people shout your name with encouragement is one hell of a feeling.

How am I feeling now? my ankle is killing me and I've got pain in behind my left knee, no blisters though. Walking on and off of trains yesterday was funny as anything with Wellsy and myself barely able to move.

Will I do it again?? definitely, one more time I think, whether that will be next year or the year after, I don't know, but I want to crack the four hour mark