Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Tuesday 12 September 2023

On 13/09/2023 at 13:29, Grassrootsgary said:

I’m just going off the reports on here as didn’t watch the game but surely a player attempting to play the ball is interfering with the opposition goalkeeper as they cannot dive until the know the ball isn’t going to be deviated? I must say I respect all referees for the job they do but at the same time the level of officiating I’ve seen this season has been poor, bar the odd occasion. The refs always seem to want to make it about them rather than letting the game flow and in some incidents I feel referees can give players a stern talking to to warn players rather than feeling the need to send players off, the sinbin rule is also having a negative impact as some referees are treating it as you can’t even talk to them about a decision. Neil hunisett is a prime example of a referee who will give the players a talking to rather than instantly going to his book… if other referees adopted a similar approach then games would be a lot better for it. That being said bude obviously have an issue with the amount of reds they have received this season.

How is dealing with dissent “making it about themselves?” 

It’s honestly one of the laziest shouts in football 😂