Cornwall Football Forum

Hi Everyone we won 2-1 Portreath that is....

Great game to play in St Domiick where a very strong outfit definatley the hardest side we have come accross this season. They where very physical with one of there players getting booked early on in the game it was nip and tuck the first half with both sides having chances to score but both keepers where up to the battle we went in at half time 0- 0 The second half started a bit like the first, the major ndevelopment was that John Salmon had to go off with an injury and the manager brought on Luke healan with a small reshuffle with moving to centre half and drake moving to right back we strarted to get on top. Then another sub we brought on speedy (JAMES REYNOLDS) who instantly worried there defence with his speed not long after coming on he went down the right and sent in a pin point cross for jo lawrence to score with a diving header. 10 mins later another great move saw Luke cooly slot in number two. They sent everyone forward trying to nick a goal which they did well into injury time.

Great result we keep the cup in the west for another season and we also did the mining league proud.

Man of the match award went to Bret Wasden great game mate well deserved.

Two winners medals for me now i can retire and put my feet up at tyhe end of the season.

Thanks to everyone for your support portreath really appreciated that.

It was a bloody good win for us TP No1 & we deserved it...you're right they were the best side we have played this season....it was the first time I started cramping up this year.

Great win...lots of beer afterwards..got the headache to prove it...probably dehydration.

Speaking to the St Dominick players afterwards in the bar, good bunch of lads & wish them all the best for the rest of the season,they even said we wanted more than they did.

GET IN THERE YOU BEAUTY.....!

Ps: Are you really retiring at the end of the season,don't make promises you can't keep TP No1 :thumbsup:

Guest Spenny

Congratulations to all at Portreath.... a bit late i know but been on holiday!

Darren you cant retire yet... you could play at this level for years yet!

Guest Spenny

Hey Daz you know i think you're a v good player and chacewater would have you back in a second... and your bros if any of you dont want to play higher if portreath go up.

Really pleased for all you boys that you won, especially Baggie.... finally won something mate at your ripe old age.

Guest Spenny

Hey patch, thanks for the kids comment, makes me feel a bit younger. When you have played for as long as we have it becomes easier to applaud other ex team mates achievments.

Guest Spenny

Christ patch you must be even older than me!!!!

Surely you must have mates you have won things playing for other teams that you have congratulated.