Cornwall Football Forum

Best come back in a European Cup Final ever?

Guest Blue_Dude-(^_^)

Utd in terms of significance as it completed their historic 'Treble'.

But for me, watching the Liverpool game, it was a amazing comeback and i doubt there will never be another European Cup final like it. Arguably one of the best matches ive ever seen, along with the Liverpool / West Ham FA Cup final the following year! What a game that was too! :c:

Liverpool - Losing 3-0, dead and buried half time against a strong Milan outfit. I just remember Gerrard waving his hands to the crowd to get behind them after he scored that header, he really believed they could still win whilst millions didn't (me included).

Thats a no brainer to begin with.

Utd needed one goal to take it into extra time, and we all know you can score at any time.

BUT they got TWO goals and didn't go into extra time and win the lottery that is a penalty shootout ;) . Could there be a chance I'm winding you up Darren??. :thumbsup:

say what you want mate!!! ha ha

the come back was done once they scored one goal!

anyway, don't want to talk about that night, still remember the tears and the angry reaction I gave my girlfriend at the time!

so should we not mention milan were charged with match fixing soon after liverpools amazing come back and milans very unusual collapse ?????????????

say what you want mate!!! ha ha

the come back was done once they scored one goal!

anyway, don't want to talk about that night, still remember the tears and the angry reaction I gave my girlfriend at the time!

so should we not mention milan were charged with match fixing soon after liverpools amazing come back and milans very unusual collapse ?????????????

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

very good pidge i think you will find Joey Barton (surprise) was sent off as players walking in at half time for dissent gaining him second yellow card and also in first half star player and top scorer N. Anelka was taken off injured some comeback..........

Guest postman pat

best premiership game watching the scouse gits losing the league at home to the arse :P and i hate the arse. :c: michael thomas was god for a day.just to see all the scouse crying :lol: :thumbsup:

Guest Blue_Dude-(^_^)

I remeber that one pidge. I was working nights and was listening to the commentary on the radio. It seemed Liverpool had it sewn up. What a way to win the league? Bet the scousers were running Arsenal all over the shop after? Iv'e been legged a few times at Anfield and we lost!! :D

I know it's not inline with the actual topic title BUT does anybody remember Martin Jol's very first game after he took over from Santini at Spurs?. Tottenham lost to Arsenal 5-4 and it was bloody unbelievable, such a good game that even though we lost I walked out of the pub with a huge grin on my face.