Cornwall Football Forum

spurs knocked out

:D iam a west ham fan but i still wanted spurs to win last night,but if they had to get knocked out,it made my day when that french ,cheating,greedy,hopeless,playacting,baby,TART,missed the last pen,to see him cry like a little spoilt brat made my day,coopsie i would say sell him but i dont think you would take him at gulval :blink::clapper::clapper: :drink:

I honestly think he missed it on purpose. He KNOWS he is out at the end of the season and he KNOWS that the Spurs supporters hate him, especially me. Your description of him is spot on Mr M.

Jenas is just as much to blame, his penalty was crap, his performance was lathargic and I'd love to see what he does in training because I just don't understand how he gets selected each week :wacko: .

Mark my words,every player between now and the end of the season will be playing for a place in next seasons squad. Ramos will use the remaining games to assess which players he thinks are good enough for HIS squad next season. At the moment he only has what he inherited when he took over but I envisage ALOT of changes during the summer.

Players out should be- Robinson, Cerny, Stalteri, Gardner, Chimbonda, Young-Pyo, Rocha, Tainio, Malbranque, Boateng, Jenas, Zokora, Bent.

Guest postman pat

quality coach ramos to gamble on 5 up front and be so unlucky is a shame but thats football. just when you think things are going well it kicks you in the nuts.you knew their keeper was going to have a say in the result.the save from malbranque was outstanding, the shot had goal written all over it.he reminded me of grobelaar with his antics during the penalties :o

Agree with a lot of what you say Coopsie.Think Spurs lost the tie in the first leg,when they played poorly.

A lot of players will be playing for their future with the club.Im afraid to many of them play one good game

a month,and cant put a string of games together.Robbie Keane is a great example,yes,when he plays well

he is as good as any,but he has to many games where he runs around ,waving his arms,looking busy,

doing nothing.If he is as good,as everyone thinks,why havent a big club made a big offer for him?He isnt

the only one.On our day we can beat any one.But we cannot put a big run together.Im sure Mr Ramos

will address this so next season a serious assualt can be made on the top four.I have a lot of faith in the

Ramos/Poyet future,and can only see things getting better.COYS.

Agree with a lot of what you say Coopsie.Think Spurs lost the tie in the first leg,when they played poorly.

A lot of players will be playing for their future with the club.Im afraid to many of them play one good game

a month,and cant put a string of games together.Robbie Keane is a great example,yes,when he plays well

he is as good as any,but he has to many games where he runs around ,waving his arms,looking busy,

doing nothing.If he is as good,as everyone thinks,why havent a big club made a big offer for him?He isnt

the only one.On our day we can beat any one.But we cannot put a big run together.Im sure Mr Ramos

will address this so next season a serious assualt can be made on the top four.I have a lot of faith in the

Ramos/Poyet future,and can only see things getting better.COYS.

:clapper::clapper: 100% agreement from me somersetspur. :thumbsup:

Do you seriously think any of the top 4 clubs would have any one of our midfielders?. I personally don't think so. Out of all of our consistently chosen players at Tottenham, I reckon only Woodgate, King, Bale, hutton and Berbatov would get into any of the top 4 team/squad. The rest need to be sorted and dispatched if the club is as ambitious as we are led to believe??.

Do you seriously think any of the top 4 clubs would have any one of our midfielders?. I personally don't think so. Out of all of our consistently chosen players at Tottenham, I reckon only Woodgate, King, Bale, hutton and Berbatov would get into any of the top 4 team/squad. The rest need to be sorted and dispatched if the club is as ambitious as we are led to believe??.

Berbatov and King could walk into any club in the world. Woodgate has already played for the biggest and richest club in the world and Bale and Hutton will develop into two of the finest full backs around(Bale may be left wing).

You have to remember that Sir Alex wanted Hutton, Bale and Berbatov at United but Spurs got in there quick with the cash and beat him to their signatures.

Berbatov and King could walk into any club in the world. Woodgate has already played for the biggest and richest club in the world and Bale and Hutton will develop into two of the finest full backs around(Bale may be left wing).

You have to remember that Sir Alex wanted Hutton, Bale and Berbatov at United but Spurs got in there quick with the cash and beat him to their signatures.

Dont forget big Robbie Keane (i rate him very highly). Scores plenty of goals and could get into most top sides the Premiership i reckon. Love to see him at Arsenal but i cant see the Spurs fans being happy with that! We've already had Campbell, taking Keane might be taking the mick abit!!! :clapper:

Hard luck to Spurs and Everton, i was hoping both English teams would go through and do in the UEFA Cup what the big 4 are doing in the Champions League. Come on Bolton, its up to you! :c:

Do you not rate huddlestone then coopsie I think he is one of your better players certainly one of the best in your midfield and what about lennon who I think is extremly overated yes he is quick but his end product is virtually nothing!!!!

huddlestone is 1 of those player described who will play 1 good game a month(if that)and then be picked alot of the time

and i agree any team in the world would want king and berbagod!!!

in my eyes coopsie hutton has already developed into a class player he is far far better then that usless! chimbonda! its just a shame he was cup tied

as for staltieri hasnt he already gone? sure i saw him playing for someone else a couple of weeks ago

i personally rate zokora think he has just what we need but we need another centere mid to work play along side him

Malbranque has been one of my top players this season and was the only player making any effort and determination under jol me personally would be upset to see him go

every other player on that list has to go they are terrible players that should not be playing for are club!!!

disappointed with going out of UEFA cup but got to take the positives out of last night.

we won the match away at a team that has great european pedigree and sit 9 points clear at the top of the dutch premier league. Not only did we win, but we outplayed them for large periods of the game. I dont really belive in knee jerk reactions to one poor home leg of the UEFA cup. I was at the game at White Hart Lane and it was just one of those nights! we prob would not have scored has we been still playing through the friday!

Huddlestone is a very good technical player and has had a lot of reports about his weight. when he gets a little fitter and can dominate the middle of the park then he will be quality. Ramos has only signed defenders since coming to the lane and with that has improved our defensive play (apart from brum away) tenfold! once he signs his own players in midfield we will have a squad capable of challenging the top four. :clapper:

COYS

FOYG

coopsie my old friend, If your right about the players leaving at the end of the summer then i just hope we do not purchase that t**t BENT from you, Thats the best bit of business West Ham did not do i am pleased to say.

What a total waste of very good money. :D

I will agree though i thought it was a shame both Spuds & Toffees lost last night, No matter who i support (You all know its the IRONS) i would always support an English club in Europe (Just a shame West Ham are never there long enough). :(

Huddlestone = Fantastic vision and passing ability BUT is as mobile and fast as a sloth.He has lost weight but you just can't make a player faster.

Lennon = Quick as f@#k but can't pass, cross or shoot and for some reason has stopped taking players on and always cut's inside and loses the ball. He is too lightweight and predictable and I think he's peaked and wont get any better.

Malbranque = Honest hard working midfielder BUT is quite simply not good enough for a club that has aspirations of Champions League football, would any of the other big clubs have him?. Definately not, so why should we?.

Robbie Keane = Will be a Tottenham legend, top scorer out of everyone in the year 2007 BUT why have none of the big clubs ever considered a move for his services?. My guess is they have noticed that he goes missing somewhat in big games.

Darren Bent = Puzzling. Scored goals for fun at Ipswich and Charlton but in a Spurs shirt he looks shockingly out of his depth. Maybe he will perform better when he goes to Wesy Ham in the summer.

Zakora = Can't pass further than 5 yards, can only run into other players, totally unable to shoot and is just not good enough.

tms no9, Stalteri is on loan at Fulham. My only hope is that they sign him permanently in the summer. We also have crap like Ghaly to come back :angry2:

Gotta agree with Hutchspur on this one, whilst last night was deeply disappointing, it was obviously lost in the 1st leg (as everyone says), where we committed the cardinal sin in Europe of conceding an away goal (just as we did against Seville last season). A 0-0 draw at home in a 1st leg is not as bad as it looks (as our South London neighbours proved last week against Milano).

However to start a fire sale of players is definitely the wrong thing to do!

In the last two summers we have had a huge turnover of players at the club and it has been detrimental to our form in the first couple of months in both seasons as the new players integrate themselves into the team.

In my humble opinion, we currently have 8 players for a starting 11 that would challenge for a top 4 position in the Premier League, they are as follows

RB - Alan Hutton

LB - Gareth Bale

DC - Ledley King

DC - Jonathon Woodgate

RM - Aaron Lennon

CM - Jermaine Jenas (who it seems is always made a scapegoat for any bad performance that Spurs have, yet goals in both legs of the semi this year, outplaying Frank Lamp-post in the final and generally being our best player over the few months is quickly forgotten)

CF - Dimitar Berba-god

CF - Robbie Keane

You'll see that GK, CM (a shield in the Owen Hargreaves/Claude Makelele mould) & LM (a proper winger in the Arjen Robben/Ryan Giggs of yesteryear mould) has been left out and this is where I feel the first 11 needs strengthening, with TOP CLASS buys! If the £40m kitty is to be believed, then the vast majority of it should be spent on these three areas, but only if the right is available and it strengthens the side, too often in the past few seasons we have bought quantity as opposed to quality, and I think this is where the mistake is being made.

This plan of attack would also leave us with the following as back up/squad players

GK - Paul Robinson (but I think he will be sold if a new no.1 is bought)/Ben Alnwick

DR - Chris Gunter

DL - Gilberto (but maybe teach him not to show his skills on the edge of his own penalty area!!)

DR/DL - Young-Pyo Lee

DC - Younes Kaboul, Michael Dawson

MR/ML - Steed Malbranque, Adel Tarrabt

MC - Tom Huddlestone, Didier Zokora, Jamie O'Hara, Kevin Prince-Boateng, Teemu Tainio

CF - Darren Bent

So we have back up in every position except for a 4th striker (which would also need filling - a young, up and coming player happy to play second fiddle to the main boys?)

All the rest of the deadwood can be made available for sale -

Pascal Chimbonda (think that's a stitch-on certainty, even before he missed the penalty last night!!)

Radek Cerny

Ricardo Rocha

Benoit Assou-Ekotto

Anthony Gardner (think he's only on loan at Everton at the moment)

Paul Stalteri (on loan at Fulham with a view to a move!)

As I say it's only my opinion and the last thing the club needs is the fans to start bickering amongst themselves about the way forward, we're all gonna have slight variances on a common theme. I think we're all in agreement that in Juande and Gus we trust and next season will be very interesting!

COYS

Cant really argue any of your points Coopsie.Agree Ramos has only signed defenders,because our

defence under Mr Jol was not good.All our midfield players are much of a muchness,hardworking average

midfielders.No one can take a game by the scruff of the neck and dominate,like a Gazza or a Hoddle.So

Im sure Ramos will strengthen that department.Dont think hes finished with the defence either.Strong

rumours are Daniel Jarque from Espanyol,a strong center half,is on his way.There will be quite a few

comings and goings for sure.Should be an interesting Summer.

Peck1961, FANTASTIC post my friend and I totally understand what you're saying. However, I wasn't suggesting a "fire sale of players". I was saying that those tried and tested mediocre players should be sold on to make room for REAL QUALITY. despite his odd good showing, Jenas simply is too inconsistent. Lennon doesn't actually offer us anything of real importance. Pyo will be gone in the summer. I have a feeling that Bale will be our left winger next season and we have young Danny Rose in the reserves who we signed from Leeds who was voted England's player of the tournament in the U19 european championship last summer.

The 4th choice striker you said about is already at the club. Tomáš Pekhart, This lad is extremely special and already being touted as one of the finest young strikers in the WORLD. Check him out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom%C3%A1%C5%A1_Pekhart

Oh, here's a couple of interesting articles. Check out the bubble chatting about Huddlestone first.

http://www.sportingo.com/Football/a7535_Hu...me-Spurs-legend

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2265169,00.html

Anyway, how about looking into the positives rather than beating ourselves up over a gutting result last night.

With the pain and heartache of last nights penalty shootout still fresh in the memory of all following Spurs, one thing strikes me as being quite odd. Despite an unlucky 0-1 defeat at home in the first leg to PSV - the Dutch league leaders and a very good side, there was still huge belief and hope that we could win in Eindhoven and progress to the next round. So having gone out of the tournament and that hope and belief has turned to some into anger despite a 1-0 win over there. Many a fan looking for an explanation i have a few points to make.

Back in October we were in the dropzone, confidence was low and long gone were the days of pushing for 4th, instead there were other new pretenders like Man City who were absolutely flying and it seemed our whole season had collapsed around us. Rumours were rife about Martin Jol after many hurtful reports in the media suggesting Daniel Levy and Co had gone behind the manager's back. With the King still on the sidelines our defensive partnership of Dawson and young Younes Kaboul was performing with the same class and panache as THAT famous partnership of Bramble and Boumsong up at the Toon. Cue last minute wonder strikes and goals from set pieces a plenty. It really was shocking.

So were now in March and almost 4months has passed. The change that's occurred in the time since Ramos and his team took charge is phenomenal.

Yes he inherited a pretty good squad of players already but confidence was so low its unbelievable. He's got us playing attractive football again and instilled a belief in our side that we never had under Jol. The almost arrogant, Mourinho-esqe style of Ramos's tactics at times shows a manager who believes in his side not a manager who sits back and lets things happen. He's throws in O'Hara for his debut at the Emirates, takes off centrebacks when we are losing and really does like a gamble. He's also not afraid to drop big names and along with the much publicised diet at Spurs things couldn't be rosier.

When Ramos took over at the end of October the best we could have hoped for was to climb the table, maybe bring in a defender or two and build for next season. Both has happened and the silverware and success came much earlier than anybody expected and now the expectation levels are again sky high, too high at this moment in time.

I urge the fans not to be too negative or down heartened over our Uefa Cup exploits and realise that in our case it really is ALL about next season.

We've come a long way in such a short period of time and seeing some fans already bitter over a couple of missed penalties leaves a sour taste. I still think that the West Ham game was a bigger game than the PSV one and I think that's why Ramos played almost his strongest team. It's important to keep up the momentum in the league and build for next season, starting with a win at Man City on Sunday. Rumours of a £40million war chest in the summer that Ramos has been promised sounds mouth watering to say the least. So lets get behind the team and look to next year. COYS

Sorry for yet another stupidly long post but I think it makes sense and gives us Yiddo's a reason for optimism.

Cheers Coopsie mate, it was gonna be a quick reply, but it just kept going!!!

Jenas was always annoying because the lad has all the tools to be an awesome centre midfielder (pace, energy, goals, a decent pass), and the improved performances since Senor Ramos has come in has just given me the hope that he can bring it all together, maybe one more season.

You're definitely right that Lennon has seemingly stagnated since bursting on the scene a couple of seasons ago, his end product is extremely erractic and he definitely has a tendency to disappear up his own ass sometimes when he's running with the ball! My hope (I'm an optimist!) is that he kicks on in the next season or so as some youngsters tend to do (he's still only 20/21ish)

Agreed that Bale is without doubt, pure class, he could easily play LM, come to that he could play probably play in goal he's that gifted! Whichever way around it is, it doesn't really matter.

I knew of Danny Rose, who is diminuitive left winger I believe, and that he is definitely one to keep an eye out for.

Also knew of Tomas Pekhart, but didn't realise he was rated as highly as that! Knew he had scored a few goals for the reserves and was also one for the future. Let's hope both chaps fulfil their potential at our great club, at least they know they'll get a chance if they're good enough!

Coopsie and Peck,great posts,true yids who care.Sorry if I came across a bit negative,but an away trip

in the Quarter Finals was being organised.As a regular visitor to the Lane,i think Ramos is doing great,and

I am not to suprised about the rumours of a major overhaul of personal in the summer,if Ramos thinks

that is what is needed.Then I trust him completely.I am really looking forward to next season and

hopefully more silverware. TOTTENHAM TILL I DIE.

I'm actually all for the over haul, IF the rumours are true. I, and a couple of others, have agreed on the fact that there are only a few "class" players in the Tottenham squad and hopefully the genius that goes by the name of Ramos will take these few "class" players and build a team around them. The rest can be used purely to raise funds towards their replacements.

I think for the first time in my entire lifetime we have an actual management team within a proper structure. I have 100% confidence in Ramos and his management teams ability and despite his arrogant demeanour, I have ALOT of faith in Daniel Levy and his willingness to back Ramos with as much funding as necessary. People forget that although first and foremost Mr Levy is all about making profit for ENIC, he is a lifelong Spurs supporter who, just like every other Spurs supporter, wants them to be competing with the very best.

His astute business sense, stubborn-ness with the salary cap and clever merchandising of the Tottenham brand has seen us post HUGE record profits since he took the reigns at the top and we are officially the 11th richest club in the WORLD. We are by far the wealthiest of any club that doesn't compete in the Champions League and are even wealthier than many that do compete in the champions league. Once we move to the new stadium (I hope that's what we do, rather than rebuild the lane) and compete with the big boys in gate receipts, we will comfortably be within the top 6 richest clubs. We only need to look at the fact that since Arsenal moved to the Emirates stadium they make £500,000 more than Chelsea every week in gate receipts alone.

So all in all EVERYBODY involved in running Tottenham, from Marcos Alvarez(fitness&diet) to Poyet to Ramos and all the way upto Levy is absolute quality and I have the utmost faith in whatever they decide to do. As somersetspur said in his last post "TOTTENHAM TILL I DIE"