Cornwall Football Forum

Argyle 4 Colchester 1

Guest postman pat

MY NECK IS STILL SORE FROM THE BALL BEING IN THE AIR FAR TO MUCH IN THE FIRST HALF.once argyle got the ball down and played to feet they murdered colchester,who are a poor side.they still lost concentration to allow colchester to score.but 2 quick goals by easter and mcclean the second being a well worked free kick which fooled the crowd let alone their keeper who i thought had a poor game.finished them off.then to cap it all sawyer scored his first goal for the first team.all in all a good night,to be slightly dissapointed and still score 4 goals shows the standards that argyle are setting under luggy.bring on sheff.utd on saturday."come on you greens" :c:

If Argyle get to to the premiershite, id hate to see the glory boys all pour out the woodwork!! If you want to watch Argyle, then whats the difference between watching them play Colchester or Man Utd!! After all, its Argyle you wana watch!! Yes, I understand, its good to see better sides play Argyle, but unless you see the lesser games, I dont see how the one off big game can be that exciting!!

Rant over......TAXI!!!

Damn right more people will crawl out of the woodwork should Argyle get to the Premiership and why shouldnt they? I know i would! I dont support Argyle but as a Cornishmen it'd be a great chance to see the bigger and better teams in the country. I wouldnt get out of bed to watch Argyle vs Colchester, id queue up all night however to watch Argyle vs Arsenal, Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea or any other Premiership team! :c:

Damn right more people will crawl out of the woodwork should Argyle get to the Premiership and why shouldnt they? I know i would! I dont support Argyle but as a Cornishmen it'd be a great chance to see the bigger and better teams in the country. I wouldnt get out of bed to watch Argyle vs Colchester, id queue up all night however to watch Argyle vs Arsenal, Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea or any other Premiership team! :c:

either way true fans or people going to watch prem sides argyle still win bigger gates more money in the coffers win win as far as I can see :thumbsup:

Guest Bushranger

Instead of queing all night why not get the train to london to see arsenal or chelsea?Paul is a regular at HP and away games by the sounds of things and i agree with him,argyle need the money from bigger gates now to get them to play offs and maybe beyond!!

Exactly!! We need to see people getting behind the team now!! Just shows what a supporter you are when youll go to all lengths to watch Argyle play Man Utd but you wont get out of bed to watch Argyle v Colchester. The thing is, would paying a huge amount of money for tickets and then end up having a season like Derby are this season be good entertainment? I dont think so!! Look at the sides in the premiershite now, Reading, Fulham, Wigan, Were playing bigger clubs this season, Charlton, WBA, Sheff Utd to name just a few. If you cant enjoy the football now then you arnt a supporter, simple as!! Sheff Utd at home on saturday and then a BIG away day on tuesday.........SCUNTHORPE!! Bring em on!!

Exactly!! We need to see people getting behind the team now!! Just shows what a supporter you are when youll go to all lengths to watch Argyle play Man Utd but you wont get out of bed to watch Argyle v Colchester. The thing is, would paying a huge amount of money for tickets and then end up having a season like Derby are this season be good entertainment? I dont think so!! Look at the sides in the premiershite now, Reading, Fulham, Wigan, Were playing bigger clubs this season, Charlton, WBA, Sheff Utd to name just a few. If you cant enjoy the football now then you arnt a supporter, simple as!! Sheff Utd at home on saturday and then a BIG away day on tuesday.........SCUNTHORPE!! Bring em on!!

paul mate i was with truro when if we had 3 men and a dog that was a good gate,just to show how fickle fans can be,and when you speak to them they speak as if they been behind you for yeers and years,yeah right :c:

Guest Sport Lover

Paul I think your wrong about people going to watch Argyle in the premiership (chough), they would be going to see the other team :-)

Come on hoops you can do it.

got to agree with sport lover if argyle get to the premiership a lot of the supporters there will be there to watch the away team . and paul just remember not everyone can afford to watch every game so they will pick the ones with the top sides in .after all non argyle supporters still have the right to watch there games you know

Well if you want to watch the other team, go in the away end!!

Hence, I wont be to dissapointed if Argyle dont go up as Ill never have a major issue when it comes to getting tickets!! Balls to the glory boys!!

If we do make it, I hope Argyle rip off all the glory fans, and when they go down, well still be there to see the likes of Colchester!!

Just shows what a supporter you are when youll go to all lengths to watch Argyle play Man Utd but you wont get out of bed to watch Argyle v Colchester.

Who said i was a Argyle fan? I couldnt care less about them, there not my team, they just happen to be the closest league team to us and if they got to the Premiership it'd be a great chance to see the big boys without having to go to London or to the north. Im sorry (actually im not) if Argyle vs Colchester doesn't really interest me but why would it if im not an Argyle fan. If i had to support a team from Devon (and i dont) it would be Torquay because i go there often and ive taken a few matches in the past, lower league than Argyle. How many of you 'die-hard' Argyle fans would go to watch Argyle vs Ebbsfleet if they ever went non-league? :c:

Guest postman pat

and me.

we all have our team. i have watched argyle lose in the old 3rd div not so long ago with gates of only 3000.i still cannot believe that people do not want to go and watch a team near the top of the championship.with a chance of promotion.argyle are not even breaking even on gate money and this is the closest the club has ever been to the premiership <_< the only reason i dont go more often is because of local football and work commitments.

oh and the missus wont let me lol :wacko:

the dream lives on come on you greens :c: dont get to disheartened paul we know we will be there next season no matter what league argyle are in.

once a green always a green :yahoo::thumbsup: :smiley20: