Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay vs Godolphin

Watched a very entertaining match tonight thought when the G went 2 down early in the game i thought this is going to be a hammering ,Tom Shepherd put Newquay 1 -0 up then Cam Turner scored from a free kick which young G goalie Patterson should of done better with but he was to redeem himself later in the game with some great saves .Just before HT the  G got a generous pen nobody knew but the ref gave it for a push and Gav Perraton sent Harry the wrong way . 2nd half  Newquay attacked straight from the ,kick off but Godolphin equalised when Newquay goalie Harry Ashton only parried his shot to Josh MARGETTS who bundled the ball home to make it 2-2 . Saunders and Luke Hunter where Collosus a t back for the G but it was Luke Hunters mistake when he his tackle on the player who rolled the  young across to Oscar Anker who tapped in for the winning goal 3-2 . Newquay missed there star man tonight JACK BRAY EVANS and they didnt look the same team without him  because his range of passing is amazing .The ref had quite a good game  as well as the officials a good crowd up there shame no program or team sheet again and you couldnt hear anything over the speakers . my r mom for Newquay Joe Cooper and for the G MATT SAUNDERS good display tonight from the G and if they play like that every week they will win soon . Good luck to Newquay be up to see you on Saturday after i been Hospital