Cornwall Football Forum

England v Croatia

Guest Helston Patriot

I was probably the only one who was actually supporting Croatia, purely because i dont think England deserve to go through, after all lets face it they wouldn`t have got very far at all.

No matter how bad England were/are/will be, you should never turn your back on your country.

Paps your comment is an absolute joke

How about going to the Falklands? Taking a trip to the South Atlantic would not only be a tremendous PR job for the England Team but it would also make these wimps realise what it means for so many to be English. If they stood in front of the San Carlos Memorial for just one minute they would never, ever pull out of any tackle whilst playing for England. They would be fired up with fervour and passion and be proud to be able to wear the England shirt.

when the great Jack Charlton (another true and proud Englishman) back in the 70`s was manager at Sheffield Wednesday - he took his whole squad to the CTCRM (Royal Marines Training Centre at Lympstone). The purpose was to show them what real fitness was all about plus he wanted to make sure that they knew just how lucky they were to be professional footballers. They mixed with guys who put their lives on the line on a daily basis and all for the love of their Country - they got paid peanuts compared to footballers.

So why do you slag off England etc...???

And for the record we still get Peanuts for going into theatre.....

I think coopsie is getting at the attitude of those who play for england he is not slagging England off as in the country. The comment about the falklands is saying that people can pay the ultimate price for their country

(although we must remeber those who lose their lives for this country are not just English they are Welsh, Scottish and Nothern Irish so they are actually British).

Players should understand that their ability to kick a pigs bladder around a field has enabled them led a wealthy life style now and again I think they need to be reminded that some occupations are far more dangerous, and all the public are asking them to do is to show a bit of pride and perform for the country they represent for 90 mins and make us proud.

If they had gone out on Wednesday 3 -2 but had thrown the kitchen sink at Croatia then I think the players would not be so under fire and would have come out of it with a bit of credit.

I was probably the only one who was actually supporting Croatia, purely because i dont think England deserve to go through, after all lets face it they wouldn`t have got very far at all.

No matter how bad England were/are/will be, you should never turn your back on your country.

Paps your comment is an absolute joke

How about going to the Falklands? Taking a trip to the South Atlantic would not only be a tremendous PR job for the England Team but it would also make these wimps realise what it means for so many to be English. If they stood in front of the San Carlos Memorial for just one minute they would never, ever pull out of any tackle whilst playing for England. They would be fired up with fervour and passion and be proud to be able to wear the England shirt.

when the great Jack Charlton (another true and proud Englishman) back in the 70`s was manager at Sheffield Wednesday - he took his whole squad to the CTCRM (Royal Marines Training Centre at Lympstone). The purpose was to show them what real fitness was all about plus he wanted to make sure that they knew just how lucky they were to be professional footballers. They mixed with guys who put their lives on the line on a daily basis and all for the love of their Country - they got paid peanuts compared to footballers.

So why do you slag off England etc...???

And for the record we still get Peanuts for going into theatre.....

For gods sake HP, how many times do I have to say that I have NOTHING against my country, I LOVE ENGLAND, I just hate how crap we are at footy and the attitudes of those that supposedly represent their country. So stop saying I hate England. Many people have come on this site and said about how chuffed they were that the Scots got knocked out of the Euro's, yet you've said nothing about that attitude.

As far as I'm aware, in the services you are there to defend queen and the UK/Great Britain so therefore how about you get off my back and start actually reading what I write because you'll see that at no stage have I said anything against my COUNTRY.

Luffy, thanks for understanding what I'm saying fella BUT I seriously don't think any press will be interested in what some over opinionated idiot from Cornwall has to say.

Coopsie,I admire the courage of those who are out serving this Country(once GREAT). You must look around sometimes and wonder about the state of it and is it all worth while?

Just heard on Radio 5 that our Sports Minister is meeting FA to discuss England Footie set-up.

Now that is IS cause for concern.

Regards