Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy Knock Out Cup Semi Final

The first semi final of the KMD Developments Knock Out Cup takes place this Wednesday (Apr 5th) at Lux Park, Liskeard 7.00pm kick off.

Edgcumbe, sitting 6th in the Premier Division, take on St Minver who are looking to do an impressive treble -  Premier title. KO Cup & Junior Cup and then move on to the East Cornwall League next season. I'm not sure what Edgcumbe's plan are next season, can anyone enlighten me?

Match officials will be Ian Spurling, Ollie Willcocks & George Wright

Entry is  just £2 for all adults, plenty of parking (leisure centre side) and presumably the refreshments hut will be open for teas, pasties etc. and the Sports Club bar open post match.

Arrangements for the second semi - North Petherwin v St Dennis -  Bodieve, Wadebridge FC on Wednesday April 12th

Edited by Paul Collings
update

Edgcumbe 1 - 2 St Minver

On a sunny but cold evening at Lux Park, with the ground well prepared for the match by the club stalwarts, a slightly disappointing crowd of 50+ witnessed a tight, entertaining semi final.

Jay Boyle put Edgcumbe ahead from the penalty spot after 25 minutes and were good for their halftime lead although there was very little in it at that point. After the break St Minver applied relentless pressure which eventually paid off despite some impressive defending by  Edgcumbe - Ted Maegar getting the equaliser after 30 minutes. Within minutes Paul Menhinick had put Saints ahead and they managed to hold onto that lead although Edgcumbe were never out of contention.

Great effort from both sides and the refereeing team, Ian Spurling handling a tight, competitive game sensibly but firmly.

Many thanks to the Blues for their hospitality.

On 05/04/2017 at 22:48, Paul Collings said:

Edgcumbe 1 - 2 St Minver

On a sunny but cold evening at Lux Park, with the ground well prepared for the match by the club stalwarts, a slightly disappointing crowd of 50+ witnessed a tight, entertaining semi final.

Jay Boyle put Edgcumbe ahead from the penalty spot after 25 minutes and were good for their halftime lead although there was very little in it at that point. After the break St Minver applied relentless pressure which eventually paid off despite some impressive defending by  Edgcumbe - Ted Maegar getting the equaliser after 30 minutes. Within minutes Paul Menhinick had put Saints ahead and they managed to hold onto that lead although Edgcumbe were never out of contention.

Great effort from both sides and the refereeing team, Ian Spurling handling a tight, competitive game sensibly but firmly.

Many thanks to the Blues for their hospitality.

Should Ted have been playing? According to the latest CCFA suspension list, he is on there, suspended from 20/03/17. The matter might have been resolved and if so the CCFA should have removed his name from the 'new' list.

6 hours ago, Willow Tree said:

Should Ted have been playing? According to the latest CCFA suspension list, he is on there, suspended from 20/03/17. The matter might have been resolved and if so the CCFA should have removed his name from the 'new' list.

I'm not in a position to know Willow - do you check the list for every  match ?? 

I gather that most of the 'sine die' suspensions on the list are administration based - paperwork not been dealt with properly etc - the chances are it was cleared up and he should have been removed from the list but the County don't have enough full time staff to keep on top of that, do they?

Sorry, got a little naughty at the end there, I don't want to get a slap from Mr Pallot,  I better be careful next time I visit County Office !!

9 hours ago, Paul Collings said:

I'm not in a position to know Willow - do you check the list for every  match ?? 

I gather that most of the 'sine die' suspensions on the list are administration based - paperwork not been dealt with properly etc - the chances are it was cleared up and he should have been removed from the list but the County don't have enough full time staff to keep on top of that, do they?

Sorry, got a little naughty at the end there, I don't want to get a slap from Mr Pallot,  I better be careful next time I visit County Office !!

I think it was tweeted about the updated list and I saw a few familiar names on there and with it being the updated one I assumed it was up to date. Hate seeing teams lose games/points for things like that and no I don't check for each game!