Cornwall Football Forum

Yay England!

Guest Helston Patriot

Well done England! Now lets be clear we played 11 same as Russia, Israel did us no favours we just have more points than all but Croatia!!

Happy days!

Sorry i thought it was Israel playing not England????????????

Guest crosser

I still don't think we are good enough to beat croatia, but generally when the chips are down we manage to get a result, so I think we should manage a draw. all we need is same level performance that we have managed against greece and italy in the past

Guest Peppermint

Why Paparazzi - are you a Scottish supporter by any chance!!!!!

I think England need a new manager and a new approach but I still want my country to qualify and do well.

Coopsie how can you say that about your country??? That disgusts me!

I've said NOTHING about "my country" HP. I've just stated that the England Football team is shit. Overpaid, overhyped underachievers with no fire in their belly and no desire to actually represent their country in the same way that the likes of Butcher, Pearce, Walker, Gazza, Beardsley, Lineker etc etc. There is no passion and it's become too easy for the "superstars" to get into the team because any tit that's been put incharge doesn't have the balls to drop them..

The Scots must be gutted and consider themselves bloody unlucky to be so close to qualification and lose out at the last step. Do you really think that England would have been going down to their last game in a group that includes Italy, France and Ukraine. Abslolutely no chance. We would have been out ages ago and we've only still got a chance of qualification due to nothing else but luck. Then again we didn't have simple games against the likes of Italy or France did we, we had to contend with the might of Croatia, Israel and Russia.

We may well qualify for next years euro championship BUT we don't deserve to be there. Atleast the Scottish fans can hold their heads high and have complete pride in the efforts their team made and the passion that was shown.

Can any TRUE England fan really have the same feelings?.

Spot on coopsie, its also a shame that our manager has no balls nd feels that he has to play 'the best players', its been proven that gerrard and lampard cant play together, and barry was playing brilliantly, he must have been gutted when he got dropped!

Mclaren was saying something like everyone wants to see england there etc etc, yes I do want to see England there but they don't deserve to, nor wear the shirts on their backs, I think it says it all when a lot of the news channels are more concerned that Watford get an extra £100,000 as Young got an England appearance than the 1-0 win!!

Also playing a 4-5-1 formation with the possibility of winning the group if we win, shows that Mclaren wants to hold for a draw!!

Guest crosser

First i'm no mclaren fan and in my eye's we should never have given him the job, there's no point in hoping the FA get rid of him because I just don't see that happening even if we fail to qualify.

Firstly on to the point of scotland and what coopsie saying about if we were in a group which contained italy, france and ukraine we would'nt have gone down to the last game fortunately for england because we have a decent recent record of qualifying for tournaments we get seeded which means we generally don't have to play a top quality side but we still have to face quality International side's. Unfortunatley for scotland because they have'nt qualified for a major tournament for the last 10 years :clapper: they don't gets seeded so have to play the big boys. I believe because they have risen up the rankings they will be seeded next time round so they should'nt have to play so many big boys next time.

Secondly England's performances in qualifying over the last umpteen years have always been disapointing so has qualifying for this euro's 2008 been that bad??? apart from the the shocking draw against macedonia I don't think it has been that bad. Israel have only lost once at home to croatia, I don't believe we should have ever been made to play in Russia on a plastic pitch and maybe we underestimated the task in hand away to croatia.

But we now have a chance to put all that right, i'm not confident we will beat croatia but we should have enough to get a draw and I generally have concerns with the way Mclaren set's his teams out to play, its more to bore the tears out of anybody than entertain and win.

So hopefully we get the result on wednesday night and then the FA have the balls to thank Mclaren for getting us to the euro's but we will take our chances with somebody else now **** off you no good waste of space