Cornwall Football Forum

Looking for a club to join

In late August/early September I will be moving to the Redruth area of Cornwall from Portsmouth, Hampshire. I currently play in the Hampshire Youth Division 1 (highest level in region below academy) for United Services Portsmouth u18 (final year of youth football) and so will be looking for a new club to join when I move down later this year. I currently play in Centre Midfield, although I have experience in both central defence and at a right back, if anyone knows of a club where which I would likely be able to join could you please let me know as it would be highly appreciated.

Okay cool.

The teams in the area are: Redruth United (Junior and senior), St Day (Junior and Senior), Carharrack (Junior and Senior), Storm (Junior) Illogan (Junior and Senior) West Cornwall (Junior) and New Inn Titans (Junior)

Wendron United have four men's side ranging from south western peninsula div 1 (senior) down to trelawny 5 (lowest Saturday league in Cornwall! We also have a men's Sunday side and are currently entered into a midweek under 21 league! Be great to have you along!

Don't forget West Cornwall Dave! Given your age, you'd be a great fit for us. We're all about bringing young players through, and hope to offer senior football in the near future. We currently have some Cornwall youth players coming through the club with a mixture of "older" heads. I say "older", I'm the oldest at 30! Really good club, looking to progress and play football the right way! The coaching/training is superb. Youd only have to come to 1 or 2 sessions to see for yourself. DM me if you'd like any more info. We're based in Pool, between Redruth and Camborne! 

Poor chap, talk about being spoiled for choice! He won't know if he's coming or going. My advice, for what it's worth, come along and watch a few games, there are still a fair few Redruth based local derbies to come this season, if you can find the time/expense, then settle for something within staggering distance of your new home.

Alternately get in touch with Dange'rouse, he'll have you on a Refereeing course in no seconds flat, then you don't have to worry, your playing days will be over and you can look forward to a life of abuse. Best of luck, do let us know what you decide.  

Thankyou to everyone getting in touch about possible opportunities. Glad to say that a very decent amount of teams have made contact either through replying or private messaging, with teams through all divisions (SWPL to Sunday League) being welcoming. Obviously i have a few months yet until i move down, so a good amount of time to decide what move to take next. Ill hope to attend a variety of the teams offerering' training sessions and see from there.

Many thanks,

Harry