Cornwall Football Forum

Dave Curnow, RIP

Dave Deacon

It was so sad to hear about the death of Dave Curnow.

I hope West Cornwall FC won't mind be using their Facebook post from yesterday, but it sums up the shocking news really:"It is with immense sadness today that we have lost not only one of the clubs most promising young talents but an amazing human being. A huge loss to the West Cornwall family, his country and to everyone who knew him. There aren't enough words to express how we are all feeling but the amazing messages on social media today are a testament to the number of lives that Dave touched. The clubs thoughts and wishes are obviously with Daves family, girlfriend and close friends at this time. Rest in peace our teammate, friend and hero. We will never forget you and you will always be in our memory. From everyone at West Cornwall FC"

I've already had a player contact me asking if referees and clubs involved in games coming up on Saturday can arrange a minute's silence. The West Cornwall club would be grateful if all teams can take a moment not just for Dave, but also to his team mates.