Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy Lge Cup Finals

Paul Collings

The Duchy League’s Reserve Team  Cup Final takes place at Godolphin FC on Tuesday 28th April (6.30 pm) when Grampound (Div 3) take on St Minver (Div 4).
This is a much underrated competition and I can assure you there will be plenty of passion and endeavour on display and it should be a good one to watch.
The team of officials for the match should be Alan Howells, Bob Steggles and Mark Graham.
Just a reminder to all those pesky young people who seem to travel with no cash – entry is £2.

The Duchy League’s Knock Out Cup Final will take place on Bank Holiday Monday – May 4th at St Dennis,  6pm kick off.  St Stephen FC (Premier Division) will take on Biscovey FC  (Div One).
The League has probably held this final on Bank Holiday Monday for 10 years or more (i’m sure someone out there can tell me exactly), it’s a great shame that latterly the East Cornwall League has decided to hold its divisional finals on the same day – a bit daft really.

The date and venue for the Duchy’s  League Cup Final is yet to be decided but the match will feature Veryan (unbeaten champions of Div Three  and current Junior Cup holders). Their opponents will be either Boscastle (Division Three Runners Up) or St Merryn (still aiming for top place in Division Four).  St Merryn hold the upper hand after the first leg of the semi-final.
Watch this space for more details.