Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL Wednesday

Usually???? I wonder if this was the case on Wednesday night, cuz it was that foggy, at least one of the dugouts would've struggled to see the goal if not both. Although when reading the report in the Cornish Times, it states "Everyone was convinced the ball had crossed the line" The only way anyone would know that is if they were stood in line of the incident!!!!!!

Funny that.  As both teams seemed to think the ball had crossed the line along with many spectators.   It would appear to have been that obvious but at the end of the day if the referee didn't think it crossed the line then it is down to him to either award the goal or not.

As stated in my previous comment, the ONLY way you could tell if the ball had crossed the goal line was to be stood in line with the goal, but on plus side if both benches and the spectators could tell from the half way line ( in thick fog as well ) then they should take the referee's course, as least that would solve the shortage of officials

As I said.  The referee said no and that was the decision accepted.    Things happen so fast so who knows whether he was right or wrong.  He said no and that is that.   No need to take an officials course.