Cornwall Football Forum

Neil Bartley - President of Torpoint Athletic - RIP

Dave Deacon

I am still getting over the shock of receiving a call from Mark Hayman, SWPL Chairman, letting me know the very sad news.

I know I have already posted my condolences on the SWPL forum on here and facebook, but guys like Neil are worth more than just a couple mentions. He was special to me whenever visiting the Mill and more than special to everyone connected with Torpoint Athletic FC. The gentleman that you would always want to look out for when going to Torpoint. He was so proud of everything that has progressed at the ground and always willing to show you around and appreciative of all the hard workers around him that Torpoint are blessed with. He knew it was a team game.

Over the years he and I built up a relationship, comparing and sharing football thoughts and memories and I will miss not chatting to him when I next watch a match at Torpoint.

Condolences to all his family – his dad for sure who he always introduced to me; and all his friends who am I sure, if they’re anything like me, are still a little shocked and very saddened.

RIP Neil, a true gent, a mad footballing man and a friend to many as is already confirmed by the number of postings and comments on Facebook..