Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Results

Grampound 4-3 Wadebridge Town -- terrific end to end game, both teams giving 110%. Grampound 2 down after 8 minutes but came back to take the lead half way through the second half. Wadebridge made it 3-3 straight away but Grampound scored the winner with an unstoppable Max Varnell shot with 10 minutes to go. Both sides deserve credit for an excellent match, played in a good spirit sometimes upset by some odd ref decisions.

Delabole Res. 1-4 Grampound Res. (I understand). If true, this is the first time both Grampound teams have won on the same day for ages.

Can't say I'm surprised. Calstock is probably the first side you have played that I would describe as a typically tough no-nonsense Duchy League outfit, absolutely committed and never easy to get the best of, particularly at their place. Many good sides have gone down at Calstock, mine among them on more than one occasion!

On another tack, what has happened to the 30(+) players (I think) you were talking about a few weeks ago? That would have made it a comfortable season but you mayfind it a bit more difficult against good teams with only a bare 11.

Probus 3 - 5 St.Cleer. St Cleer maintained their 100% start to the season with an excellent victory at Probus. Having lead 1 - 5 early in the second half St Cleer may have anticipated a bigger winning margin but Probus never gave up. The match ended in bizarre fashion with three Probus players being sent off for dissent with about a minute of the match left.

Calstock 4 - 2 Premier Sixes

Bad day at the office.. only 11 players. One centre half forced to play upfront, one on the wing and one in midfield, the squad players that filled in for the missing 'Galacticos' weren't up to the task and it looks as if a cull of the deadwood is on the cards.

tres disappointing

unlucky boys, we had a tough game against Pelynt yesterday, where our 8-1 scoreline flattered us to say the least.

One of the Probus players who had already been booked, made a comment to the St Cleer linesman which the ref considered deserved another yellow. However two other players then decided to add their verdict on the matter and the ref sent them off as well.

The strangest thing was that the match had been played in a really good spirit throughout!

One of the Probus players who had already been booked, made a comment to the St Cleer linesman which the ref considered deserved another yellow. However two other players then decided to add their verdict on the matter and the ref sent them off as well.

The strangest thing was that the match had been played in a really good spirit throughout!

SOUNDS LIKE THE SECOND TWO WERE STRAIGHT RED CARDS - SOME PEOPLE SEND THEMSELVES OFF SOMETIMES.

I WAS'NT EVEN THERE BUT MAKE ANY COMMENTS OF A CLUB ASSISTANT REF'S COMPETENCY KNOWN TO THE REF IN A DISCREET MANNER NEXT TIME.....

WE LIVE AND LEARN, I SUPPOSE.