Cornwall Football Forum

clarkson back at liskeard???

are the rumours true that john clarkson is back as the manager of liskeard???? apparently he has waved some more dollar and the club have fallen for it again, he is also now not letting any of the unhappy players leave the club beause they signed the famous FA contracts that made them professional footballers. what a sad state of affairs to see such a good club in such a sorry state, it must however be great news for the teams looking to win the league, because it obviously rules out liskeard as challengers as long as he and the chairmanship are involved. as a parkway supporter, i am just glad that he turned up and ripped apart their side from last year, because they would have been a real threat to us trying to win the league. i dont think weve heard the last from the circus that is lux park......

Confirmed by Mr Clarkson to me on Saturday morning : John is still the manager, Rob Herreira is his new assistant and Paul Goodwin physio.

From time to time John will be away due to business commitments and therefore is pleased that Rob has committed himself to be John's right hand man for the rest of the season.

There are no problems between John and chairman Chris Burchell.

Coming from Liskeard I always take a keen interest on what's happening at Lux Park. Great shame that John didn't come on the radio and tell us himself, he was all lined up to do it when I spoke earlier to him. However they seem to have an embargo on speaking to the press and media at the moment. Don't know why, that always gives the impression they have something to hide! Perhaps time will prove me wrong.

Have you heard anything more Bloomy? Anyway, from what you've seen this season - who do you tip to come out on top?

they probably have got something to hide dave!! i still cant understand why clarkson had brought in all these FA contracts, i think there is something dodgy there, there is no need for them what so ever, unless you are in truros position, then that is different. hope you get him on the radio soon though, its always a good listen, could you possibly get a translator next time hes on though, that scottish accent of his is hard to listen to on a sat afternoon!!!!

from what ive seen dave, i think it is anybodys league, i dont think the standard is as good as last year, the top teams now are not as good as the top teams last season, in my opionion, but it is nice to see new teams and visit new grounds. obviously parkway look a threat, bodmin will always be up there, liskeard should be up, but as long as clarkson is there, they are not a threat and falmouth look as though they could put a run together but i dont think theyve clicked yet. is gonna be an interesting title......it could repeat last seasons epic battle!!!

If you had read the Cornish Times of the 21st September, there was a big story inside the sports pages once the news had broken. It says Clarkson telephoned the paper to say that he had withdrawn his money as well as rsigning as manager. Lee Harvey chipped in with his bit and the Liskeard Chairman put in a big item saying he had 'to speak out for the integrity of Liskeard Athletic and myself'.

From what I can gether Clarkson never went in the first place. Isn't football strange.

He is definitely back because he was there on saturday. I think this is more exciting than the Mourinho story as its local.