Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Results - Saturday Oct 18th 2014

Recommended Posts

For posting your results, scorers and post-match comments

Premier Division

Lamerton v Looe Town

Pelynt v Lostwithiel

St Columb Major v Padstow United

St Newlyn East v Saltash United

St Stephen v Torpoint Athletic

Division 1

Edgcumbe FC v Altarnun

Foxhole Stars v Biscovey

LC Phoenix v AFC Bodmin

Premier Sixes v St Mawgan

St Cleer v Grampound

St Minver v Godolphin Atlantic

Division 2

Callington Town v Lifton

Gerrans & St Mawes Utd v Holywell and Cubert

North Hill v Sticker

Packhorse Athletic v Gunnislake

St Dennis v Calstock

St Neot v Stoke Climsland

Division 3

Gorran v Tregony

Grampound Reserves v Boscastle

Lanivet Inn v Veryan

Queens Rangers v St Stephen Reserves

St Breward v St Cleer Reserves

Tintagel v North Petherwin Reserves

Division 4

Delabole United v St Minver Reserves

Godolphin Atlantic Reserves v Southgate

High Street v Pelynt Reserves

St Merryn v Mevagissey

Tregrehan Mills v Lanreath

Wadebridge Town v Rame Peninsula FC

Division 5

Kilkhampton v Real Saltash

Padstow United Reserves v St Dennis Reserves

Pensilva v Roche

Saltash United Reserves v Week St Mary

St Mawgan Reserves v St Newlyn East Reserves

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Padstow stay top of the Premier Division with six wins out of six after recovering from early shocks at St.Columb Major. Padstow started well but fell behind to a Tom Ball goal and the same player added a second goal in the eleventh minute. Padstow recovered to draw level by half time and took the lead in the 47th minute. Even when they scored their fourth eleven minutes later, Major were still well in the contest. The home side attacked with relish and had three shots cleared off the line in quick succession before Padstow broke away to score their fifth and eventually go on to win 7-2. The Padstow scorers were Kevin Allen (2), Kyle Tippett, Dave Lockwood, Simon Press, Joe Combellack and Kevin Murt.

Marcus Metters scored a hat trick on his birthday as Pelynt scored an impressive 4-0 win over Lostwithiel. Pelynt played well throughout with Liam Jones their other scorer.

Saltash United won 4-2 at St.Newlyn East to leave the hosts pointless after six games. Tony Jane scored a brace with Adam Taylor and Jake Dospel completing the visitors tally. Ross London and Tom Backhouse replied for Newlyn.

Looe Town continued their impressive run taking the unbeaten record of Lamerton with a 3-2 away win. This was a fine game with Richard Searle and Simon Breyley scoring for Lamerton. Looe took the spoils from a Matt Barton brace and a Matt Woodgate goal.

In a pulsating game with end to end incident Torpoint took the lead in the 18th minute at St.Stephen when a cross came in and Matt Westall dived to head home against the run of play. St Stephen equalised in the 30th minute when Richard Avery scored from the edge of the area. The second half was full of incident. Torpoint went ahead when a high ball caught out the St Stephen defence and Aaron Cullerton scored from close range. St Stephen claimed a 2-2 draw in the 90 minute through Matthew Truscott with a great equalizer. A number of players were booked and one Torpoint player was sent off in the dying minutes after the goal as the game ended in frustration for both teams. A really great game to watch.

St.Mawgan maintained their position at the top of Division One winning 3-1 at Premier Sixes in rather bizarre circumstances. The home keeper failed to arrive and Sixes started with manager Dan Code in goal despite suffering from a severe knee injury. St.Mawgan kicked off and Aaron Bicknell no doubt aware of Code’s injury struck a shot from just inside the half that sailed over the stricken goalies head for a goal inside three seconds. Code played on for five minutes but his knee injury worsened forcing him to leave the field and putting their centre half in goal. St.Mawgan only had one more shot on goal throughout the first half and that a penalty scored by Stuart Harris. Sixes continued to have the majority of possession after the restart throwing four sometimes five men forward. Remarkably St.Mawgan again only had one shot on target in the entire half with Harris lobbing the keeper for their third. Dan Woodgate scored a home consolation five minutes from time.

Foxhole beat Biscovey by the odd goal in seven in a game between two fine sides. Biscovey made a good start with Tom Pickering giving them a 7th minute lead. Aydan Rundle equalised in the 28th minute as the teams went into half time level. Biscovey were again fast out of the blocks after the interval, but Foxhole caught them on the break and Rundle scored again. He then scored a hat trick goal with Jamie Robinson scoring a fourth after getting on the end of a corner. Biscovey were not out of the game and Jimmy Penhall fired in a free kick to give them new belief. Lee Budge reduced the arrears further five minutes later and it was then back to the walls defending for the home side to preserve their points.

Honours ended even in Division One as LC Phoenix and AFC Bodmin finished one all. Ryan Julian of Phoenix traded goals with Dan Haggett.

Jason Northcott scored a hat trick as St.Minver hit Godolphin Atlantic for seven goals without reply. Mike Kempthorne added a brace with Aaron Cox and Steve Wootton completing the rout.

Grampound were 3-1 winners at St.Cleer. Scott Corson scored the home goal. The visitors claimed the points after strikes by Alex Moorcroft, Rory Lewis and Peter Thomas.

A good day for Division Two strugglers Gerrans & St.Mawes United finding their best performance of the season in thrashing Holywell/Cubert Athletic 5-0. Haydn Andrew was the star with four goals with Holywell also putting through their own goal to seal a dismal performance.

It was a day to forget for Packhorse Athletic who were given a 10 (ten)-1 home drubbing by Gunnislake. Kieren Jasper scored four goals with Alex Caers adding a hat trick and Glen Tremblett a brace. Matt Avery was the other Gunni scorer with Karl Orchard getting the lone home consolation goal.

Callington Town beat Lifton 5-1. Steve Bromhead scored a brace with Wayne Stephens, Ryan Corey and Kieran Prescott adding a goal apiece. Lifton replied through a Dan O’Donovan goal.

St.Dennis made it five wins from five games at the top. They beat Calstock 3-1 with Nathan Hugh scoring twice and Luke Damerell adding their other goal. Jordan Bassett pulled a goal back for Calstock with a fine free kick something he is becoming a specialist at.

Goals from Ben Jeffery and Adam Morris gave Stoke Climsland a 2-0 win at St.Neot.

Veryan stride on at the top of Division Three after a 3-2 win at Lanivet Inn. Two up at the break they added a third in the second half. Craig Phillips scoring twice and Ollie Young once. Lanivet were then reduced to ten men but remarkably fought back with an own goal and Lewis Pauling closing the deficit.

St.Breward paid for missing chances as they went down 1-0 at home to St.Cleer Reserves who scored the game’s only goal scored by Liam Donaghy from the penalty spot on the stroke of half time. The second half passed with neither side looking likely to hit the target.

Gorran put in a decent performance twice hitting the woodwork, once in each half, as they went down 4-2 to Tregony. Unfortunately players again let the club down with two not turning up as they had a bare eleven throughout. One down at the break they were in the match until Tregony hit them with two goals in quick succession. Mike Brennan scored both home goals. Tregony won with a Harry Wilshaw brace and goals from Simon Matthews and Steve Floyd-Norris.

Grampound reserves went down 4-1 at home to Boscastle. Dan Piper hit a hat trick for the visitors with George Hughes getting their other goal. Kyle Lack scored the home consolation.

Tintagel beat North Petherwin reserves 3-1. Sean Keeble scored a brace with Martyn Cockcroft completing the home tally. Glen Charnock pulled one back for Petherwin.

Queens Rangers trounced local rivals St.Stephen reserves 6-1. Casey Laity hit a hat trick with Scott Taylor, James Seery and Richard Shaw adding a goal apiece. Chris Lean scored the visitors consolation goal.

St.Merryn beat Mevagissey 2-0 in a physical game to preserve their 100 percent start in Division Four. Luke Worrall gave the host’s a first half lead from the penalty spot. A strong wind rather spoilt the game with Lewis Canfield back heeling in the second goal ten minutes from time.

Leaders Godolphin Atlantic reserves were again impressive thrashing Southgate Seniors 7-0. Kevin McHugh hit a hat trick and Callum Faulkner a brace. Goals from Harri Tilston and Jack Scott completed the rout.

Kieran Barrett hit a hat trick as Delabole recovered from last week’s Junior Cup drubbing to score an impressive 5-2 win over St.Minver reserves. Fergus Lessels and Luke King added the other Delabole goals with Dan Thurtle and Simon Benney replying.

Jake Mansell scored twice and Stuart Kesson-Smith and Charles Battersby one apiece as High Street beat Pelynt reserves 4-1. Ryan Oxley replied with his twelfth goal of the season.

It was all too easy for Tregrehan Mills as they thrashed Lanreath 8-0. Dean Dingle scored twice in the first half as the hosts raced to a five-goal lead. Dingle completed his hat trick after the break with Dom Swire scoring a brace and there were further goals from Tom Adams, Lewis Husband and from Adam Sabine in the very last minute.

Wadebridge Town also went down to a heavy defeat beaten 7-2 at home by Rame Peninsula. Ross McLachlan scored both home goals. Rame won with a Zack Rosen hat trick and goals from Steve O'Shaughnessy, Curtis Evans, Cameron McBain and Connor Gibson.

Kilkhampton maintained their unbeaten start in Division Five but were given a good game by Real Saltash who had their keeper sent off for a deliberate handball outside the area. Kilkhampton won 5-2 with Lee Gardiner and Tom Shadrick scoring a brace apiece with Calvin Parnell adding their other goal. Wayne Skeldon scored both visiting goals.

Lee Gallagher scored a hat trick as St.Mawgan reserves won their derby game with St.Newlyn East reserves 8-2. Dom Stallard added a brace with Lee Bryant, John Golding and James Pritchard completing the home tally. Newlyn replied through Liam Hathway and Mark Nagle.

St.Dennis reserves’ reign at the top is nearing an end after losing their unbeaten record when going down 1-0 at Padstow United reserves. The only goal came after just thirty seconds when a through ball put Billy Elliott clear to score. Padstow were much the better side in the first half with Martin Murt probing in midfield and they missed four clear cut chances. The second half saw St.Dennis come much more in the game with Stuart Bell marshalling his side well. They battled hard but couldn’t break down a solid home defence.

Chris Coad and Aaron Butler scored to give Roche a two-goal lead at Pensilva midway through the first half. Cian Clarkson pulled a goal back in the second half, but the home side were unable to break through again as Roche ran out 2-1 winners.

Saltash United reserves went down 4-0 at home to Week St.Mary. Jake Cartwright scored a brace with Rob Pearce and Steve Short completing their tally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Div 3

Lanivet 2 : 3 veryan

A tough away game for us as lanivet worked hard untill the end! We went in 1:0 up from a craig phillips goal! In the second half we raced ahead to a 3:0 lead goals came from craig phillips and ollie young! Lanivet didnt give up even when going down to 10 men still pulled 2 goals back! Good performance from shane locker and a dogged fight back from lanivet! Looking forward to the game at our place! Mom aaron moyses

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...