Cornwall Football Forum

Penzance losses and gains

cornishteddyboy

On Friday 12th July, Penzance AFC held it's AGM.

John Mead stepped down as club secretary so all paperwork will now be done by our new secretary Steve Larter. I will be sorting out the match-day paperwork for our Reserve side

John is still available for chats re rules and regs, league and county stuff.

One of his last tasks was to tell us that on the 27th June the club became a Charter Standard Community Club. As of the end of last season only 10 clubs in the county (and only 460 in the whole of England) had achieved this award and we are proud to join them. Many thanks to the hard work put in by the many teams involved with the club to gain the Award.

We have lost John Mead from our committee but six new members joined, including three senior players as we believe that players should have a voice and also know what is going on at their club.

Terry Burgess, well know in local footballing circles is our new Club Chairman, with John Richards stepping down.

Club membership is available from me (PM me for details).

Players, past, present and the curious are invited to attend our training sessions. Due to the new re-instatement rules we are looking to obtain as many Trelawny League players as we can but as I say all are welcome, no matter your skill level, age, even if you are committed to another club (you can always transfer :) ). Contact Steve Larter on 07817987165 for details re training, transferring, or joining our club.